https://electrek.co/2025/08/13/first-ev-with-semi-solid-state-battery-cleared-for-sale/That's right! Solid state batteries are around the corner.... they have been that way for the past 15 years!![]()
Caveat: semi-solid state
https://electrek.co/2025/08/13/first-ev-with-semi-solid-state-battery-cleared-for-sale/That's right! Solid state batteries are around the corner.... they have been that way for the past 15 years!![]()
I had same issues with my early S and again with my 2016 X. It was beyond annoying. But it was also the only real EV game in town so I had no choice.Did you actually have a Tesla in the early days? I got my first Model S at the start of non-founder production, and I had so many issues I knew the names of every Tesla mobile service member from our far-too-frequent meetings. I even had one major issue Tesla did not want to fix and I had to push really hard to get it done. That said, I am not looking forward to repeating that experience. I pick up my Gravity next week, so we'll see.![]()
Thanks for the explanation. My logical mind gets it, but my emotional side thinks "if they are making 2 almost fully speced vehicles, one sans Comfort and the other one sans Dynamic packages, why can't they combine parts and manufacturer my order?"Talking with some Lucid folks about this recently, they say the issue is the availability of parts, not just for your car, but for the entire batch. It's clear they are trying to maximize production output, which results in out-of-order delivery relative to when orders were placed. There was also a news article recently where Lucid said the inventory models of Gravity were built only to keep the production line going with parts that were available:
If you keep up with the news, you know there are all kinds of tariff- and supply chain-related issues for everyone in the auto industry right now. Lucid is no exception, and as a small player, they are even more disadvantaged.
Talking with some Lucid folks about this recently, they say the issue is the availability of parts, not just for your car, but for the entire batch. It's clear they are trying to maximize production output, which results in out-of-order delivery relative to when orders were placed. There was also a news article recently where Lucid said the inventory models of Gravity were built only to keep the production line going with parts that were available:
If you keep up with the news, you know there are all kinds of tariff- and supply chain-related issues for everyone in the auto industry right now. Lucid is no exception, and as a small player, they are even more disadvantaged.
Unfortunately, I think you’re right in terms of squeaky wheel. Hooting and hollering, while not in my nature, has gotten quicker results than waiting, sending emails, calling, etc.This is a convenient excuse but ultimately of BS. I have proof.
I ordered mine in February, switched to a DE in June, went into “production” with a VIN in August. I still have no car.
I watched a half dozen people with exactly identical builds, some who ordered as late as June or July, get their cars before me.
I sent an angry email last week threatening to cancel, and was instantly matched with a completed car of identical specs to mine.
Why was my car in production for 3 months? Why was there an identical DE already complete? Why was it okay to bump me into that car? None of that is justified by supply chain or tariff excuses.
I call BS on this statement. There was an online Gravity this weekend that was an exact match to mine (that is on order) with the exception of it having Platinum vs. Stealth. There is no way that the Stealth trim would be “constrained”, so the only reason this was built vs one with Stealth is that they are building cars without even looking at the order list.Talking with some Lucid folks about this recently, they say the issue is the availability of parts, not just for your car, but for the entire batch. It's clear they are trying to maximize production output, which results in out-of-order delivery relative to when orders were placed. There was also a news article recently where Lucid said the inventory models of Gravity were built only to keep the production line going with parts that were available:
If you keep up with the news, you know there are all kinds of tariff- and supply chain-related issues for everyone in the auto industry right now. Lucid is no exception, and as a small player, they are even more disadvantaged.
I hear myself doing all of this complaining and I don't get why I am almost begging a company to sell me a product that I want but don't needUnfortunately, I think you’re right in terms of squeaky wheel. Hooting and hollering, while not in my nature, has gotten quicker results than waiting, sending emails, calling, etc.
I have the same issue with call. quality. GUI works well, just the quality is horrible. I just turn on speaker phone for calls.Does anyone else have issues with phone call quality from the car? People on the other end keep complaining about how it sounds. I spoke with service, and they said the Air has the same problem, and they’re not sure if it can be resolved.
Multiple things can be true at once. There can both be supply chain/tariff issues and things may be disorganized at the moment. They aren’t mutually exclusive.This is a convenient excuse but ultimately kind if of a BS cover for organizational dysfunction. I have proof.
I ordered mine in February, switched to a DE in April, went into “production” with a VIN in August. I still have no car.
I watched a half dozen people with exactly identical builds, some who ordered as late as June or July, get their cars before me. Mine is still “in production”.
I sent an angry email last week threatening to cancel, and was instantly matched with a completed car of identical specs to mine. I’m told it’s in transit now.
Why was my car in production for 3 months? Why was there an identical DE already complete? Why was it okay to bump me into that car? None of that is justified by supply chain or tariff excuses.
Perhaps I should just be happy to finally (fingers crossed) be getting my car, but the process has been … disorganized at best.
100%. I notice the same thing.HUD Question
Picked up my DE today. Only one key, which surprised me this late in the game (the other is on its way). The SA did a good job walking me through the car. Everything seems to work. However, when I left the service center I noticed that the HUD display didn’t seem quite level. It looks like it’s angled up and to the left about 5 degrees. It’s quite noticeable, at least to me. I turned around and immediately when back to the service center and asked the SA to drive it. He thought it was level. He says if you slouch down in the seat it appears less level. So, he suggested I raise my seat up. I am about 5’10”. I tried this on the way home and it maybe helped a bit, but the HUD display doesn’t appear level with the dash, top of the speedometer display, hood, or the horizon. Admittedly, everything in the car is curved (dash, display, hood, windshield), so maybe it’s supposed to be that way. I’d be interested in how the HUD appears on other cars. Please give me your feedback. Also, if there’s anyone in the Atlanta area with a HUD I’d love to meet up to do a comparison. I know there’s no HUD adjustment, other than raising and lowering the position.
There is a HUD positioning adjustment that might make the viewing experience better.100%. I notice the same thing.
I turned my HUD off. I got a migraine after driving my Gravity home from the service center last week. The fact that it's a different focal length than the traffic in front of me means I am looking through a double display in my near field of vision to see the road ahead. It is possible the migraine came from the new car smell and/or the detailing chemicals, or maybe it was the HUD, or maybe it was unrelated, but I have turned it off for now. Will try again later.
But I definitely feel that the HUD looks a little tilted to me. I tried moving my head around to see if it would change, but I couldn't change my impression.
What if I hide it under the sun visor? Will it work?That’s not the right spot. It goes to the right of the big camera/adas stuff. If you look super close in the right light, some folks can see the glass is kind of hashed there. If it’s not in the right spot, won’t work at all.
No just a nickname I picked up from golfing buddiesare you by chance a Buffalo Bills fan, or is the reference related to Wyoming and Cowboys?
Mine came exactly as I ordered itI call BS on this statement. There was an online Gravity this weekend that was an exact match to mine (that is on order) with the exception of it having Platinum vs. Stealth. There is no way that the Stealth trim would be “constrained”, so the only reason this was built vs one with Stealth is that they are building cars without even looking at the order list.
Platinum is higher margin. It’s literally just shiny and they bc surge like $2,000 more for it. I think few people actually order it but if they can get a sucker (me) to take it and pay the extra $2,000, why not?Mine came exactly as I ordered it
I can’t tell if you’re being serious, but I will answer. It will not work anywhere in car except in that one spot on windshield.What if I hide it under the sun visor? Will it work?
To get the $2,000, you have to take delivery within 7 days of them telling you it’s ready AND take delivery by 10/31/2025, per the website. It’s said that since they came out with the loyalty credit for Gravity.Question for the group about delivery issues. I have a GGT that arrived in Bay Area last Wednesdy. I had a very limited window for delivery, and it had already been delayed by several weeks. So I offered last Friday to take delivery, but they couldn't complete inspection in time. Then last Friday morning I was told it was ready to schedule delivery.
I had all the discounts on this order (7500 EV credit, loyalty, etc) that were important for me to move forward. Now, because I have work travel this week, and I can't take delivery until next Monday, my SA is saying they may pull my discounts because I'm not taking delivery this month(!!!). The same SA promised me multiple times the discounts would be applied no matter when the car arrived.
Does this even remotely sound ok? I feel they are trying to screw me out of promised discounts.