Gravity Delivery Discussion

Yeah no fob errors for me, getting the firmware updated tomorrow. I did get a headlight error and rear steering error but those were false, happened after charging, and went away after letting the car sleep. It’s getting better.
 
I has it, the precious
 
When they deliver the car to your home, is it just the delivery driver dropping it off? Then you get a vehicle orientation with a Lucid tech online? That's the impression I get from the Costa Mesa.

What happens if I decline delivery for one reason or another?
This may have changed, but when my Air was delivered in 2022, one of the reps from Houston came with the delivery driver in a separate car and did the walkthrough. Again, not sure if they still do that or not.
 
This may have changed, but when my Air was delivered in 2022, one of the reps from Houston came with the delivery driver in a separate car and did the walkthrough. Again, not sure if they still do that or not.
What I was told is that, if you live close enough to the delivery center, they can drive the vehicle to you. If you're further away, they truck it up to you (at a variable cost based on distance) and then you have a virtual orientation/walkthrough. I inquired because Torrance is my delivery center, which is minimum 3-1/2 hours from me, depending upon LA traffic.
 
HUD Question

Picked up my DE today. Only one key, which surprised me this late in the game (the other is on its way). The SA did a good job walking me through the car. Everything seems to work. However, when I left the service center I noticed that the HUD display didn’t seem quite level. It looks like it’s angled up and to the left about 5 degrees. It’s quite noticeable, at least to me. I turned around and immediately when back to the service center and asked the SA to drive it. He thought it was level. He says if you slouch down in the seat it appears less level. So, he suggested I raise my seat up. I am about 5’10”. I tried this on the way home and it maybe helped a bit, but the HUD display doesn’t appear level with the dash, top of the speedometer display, hood, or the horizon. Admittedly, everything in the car is curved (dash, display, hood, windshield), so maybe it’s supposed to be that way. I’d be interested in how the HUD appears on other cars. Please give me your feedback. Also, if there’s anyone in the Atlanta area with a HUD I’d love to meet up to do a comparison. I know there’s no HUD adjustment, other than raising and lowering the position.
 
HUD Question

Picked up my DE today. Only one key, which surprised me this late in the game (the other is on its way). The SA did a good job walking me through the car. Everything seems to work. However, when I left the service center I noticed that the HUD display didn’t seem quite level. It looks like it’s angled up and to the left about 5 degrees. It’s quite noticeable, at least to me. I turned around and immediately when back to the service center and asked the SA to drive it. He thought it was level. He says if you slouch down in the seat it appears less level. So, he suggested I raise my seat up. I am about 5’10”. I tried this on the way home and it maybe helped a bit, but the HUD display doesn’t appear level with the dash, top of the speedometer display, hood, or the horizon. Admittedly, everything in the car is curved (dash, display, hood, windshield), so maybe it’s supposed to be that way. I’d be interested in how the HUD appears on other cars. Please give me your feedback. Also, if there’s anyone in the Atlanta area with a HUD I’d love to meet up to do a comparison. I know there’s no HUD adjustment, other than raising and lowering the position.
Yep, I'm 5'9" and the HUD has always looked a little angled to me, no matter the vertical position. I've accepted it for now; I'm hoping that there'll be further adjustments possible down the line, since it's just a projector and they can already adjust one axis.
 
I only received one key fob. The delivery person said that Lucid only provides one and I need to buy additional ones if I need. Is this true?
 
I only received one key fob. The delivery person said that Lucid only provides one and I need to buy additional ones if I need. Is this true?

Dream Editions get two fobs, the Grand Touring only gets one.
 
How can you charge at a Supercharger if your app shows "vehicle is offline" ? Called Lucid Service they are not sure why. Scheduled mobile service
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20251023_171115_Lucid.webp
    Screenshot_20251023_171115_Lucid.webp
    44.8 KB · Views: 98
How can you charge at a Supercharger if your app shows "vehicle is offline" ? Called Lucid Service they are not sure why. Scheduled mobile service
that's a good question and one I hadn't thought of. The vehicle offline does seem to be a problem for more than one person now. We have the same problem, although it is more sporadic than constant now.
 
Hopefully, your car will sail through PDI. My car has been in PDI at Scottsdale for about 3 weeks. They told me today that I will get it by the end of the month. They said there were several Gravities that were "broken" and they had to fix them. When pressed, the SA says that the delivery people were tight lipped. but mentioned that the steering was broken. Seems more than that to me - does it take 3 weeks to fix that? The factory is just 'down the street' for parts. Maybe they are fixing body damage? Good thing this is a lease. Now just to worry about the lease return shenanigans.
Well, looks like it actually did sail through! I got a call today to tell me it is ready already🤯 I was shocked. Even more shocked to hear myself saying I need another week before I can take delivery because we have some work being done on our house that I need to supervise. My SA had asked me to hold off on our trade-in and lease financing applications too, so we need a few days to get that done also. Targeting the first week in November. Fingers crossed for both our vehicles - it must be incredibly frustrating to have the Gravity so close to delivery but not across the line 😬 The reasons you were given sound kind of fishy to me, too.

BTW, I assume you got the email today on how Lucid is addressing the lease return frustrations. Hopefully this part will go better for you.
 
Ok, here we go:

Placed an order today for Lunar Titanium, Platinum, 7seat, Mojave Prem, 20/21's, Dynamic Handling, SSPro, DD Premium, Power, Tow...no Tech or Comfort (although I may regret not having heated wiper blades when it's dumping wet snow)

Plan to swap the Hankook A/S's for Vredestein Quatrac Pro+'s (a snow rated tire) come winter and switch back late March when ski season ends

Wanted to thank all the knowledgable people on here for everything they've posted as after reading most of these threads I am now at a point where I don't feel as reticent about things like key fob & software bug issues or that I'm making a mistake going with Lucid.
 
BTW, I assume you got the email today on how Lucid is addressing the lease return frustrations. Hopefully this part will go better for you.
I didn’t get any email today, but my SA called to let me know that the car was ready, but they still need to email me some paperwork for me to DocuSign. They also needed a new picture of the odometer reading from my trade-in, which has been sitting in my driveway for the last few weeks. So, after they processed the odometer reading, they will then send out the paperwork via email/DocuSign.
Well, looks like it actually did sail through! I got a call today to tell me it is ready already🤯 I was shocked. Even more shocked to hear myself saying I need another week before I can take delivery because we have some work being done on our house that I need to supervise. My SA had asked me to hold off on our trade-in and lease financing applications too, so we need a few days to get that done also. Targeting the first week in November. Fingers crossed for both our vehicles - it must be incredibly frustrating to have the Gravity so close to delivery but not across the line 😬 The reasons you were given sound kind of fishy to me, too.

BTW, I assume you got the email today on how Lucid is addressing the lease return frustrations. Hopefully this part will go better for you.
I didn’t get any email today, but my SA called to let me know that the car was ready, but they still need to email me some paperwork for me to DocuSign. They also needed a new picture of the odometer reading from my trade-in, which has been sitting in my driveway for the last few weeks. So, after they processed the odometer reading, they will then send out the paperwork via email/DocuSign.
 
HUD Question

Picked up my DE today. Only one key, which surprised me this late in the game (the other is on its way). The SA did a good job walking me through the car. Everything seems to work. However, when I left the service center I noticed that the HUD display didn’t seem quite level. It looks like it’s angled up and to the left about 5 degrees. It’s quite noticeable, at least to me. I turned around and immediately when back to the service center and asked the SA to drive it. He thought it was level. He says if you slouch down in the seat it appears less level. So, he suggested I raise my seat up. I am about 5’10”. I tried this on the way home and it maybe helped a bit, but the HUD display doesn’t appear level with the dash, top of the speedometer display, hood, or the horizon. Admittedly, everything in the car is curved (dash, display, hood, windshield), so maybe it’s supposed to be that way. I’d be interested in how the HUD appears on other cars. Please give me your feedback. Also, if there’s anyone in the Atlanta area with a HUD I’d love to meet up to do a comparison. I know there’s no HUD adjustment, other than raising and lowering the position.
If you do try raising and lowering it, does it change? I'm curious if that makes a difference.
 
How can you charge at a Supercharger if your app shows "vehicle is offline" ? Called Lucid Service they are not sure why. Scheduled mobile service
You can use the Tesla app to initiate the charge; you'd have to set up payment through them, but you can always do that if your Plug and Charge fails or something else is going on.
 
Picked up my gravity from East Rutherford today. The car and the app both show software version 3.3.2 and say it is up to date. When asked why not 3.3.5, was told that they may select which cars to push out new version. One issue discovered there was that the driver side passenger window sunshade doesn’t go all the way up. Waited there for about an hour and half (went to nearby shopping center) for them to fix. They took the door panel off and found that the motor needs to be replaced.

Tried DD2 pro on the way home, it appears that it doesn’t seem to handle exit from highway. It drove straight at full speed very near the exit, I had to intervene in fear of missing the exit. Maybe I didn’t use it correctly? In any case, lots to learn and figure out.
It appears that Gravity only shows you available SW update when the car is connected to the internet. At the delivery center and after I drove the car home yesterday, the iPhone app and the car all showed my SW version was 3.3.2 and it is up to date. This morning, I connected the car to my home WIFI and it immediately told me that there is a SW update available. Note that when I went through WIFI connection setup, it showed no known WIFI networks, which means that they DID NOT connect the car to the delivery center WIFI. I asked the delivery SA several times why the car is not on the latest SW, but he kept telling me that the SW is up to date. For folks who take delivery in New Jersey, please be aware of this and make sure they have the car updated fully before you take it home!
Isn't the car always connected to cellular network (AT&T)? Why can't it tell you a SW update is available and ask you to connect the car to WiFi to do the update?
 
Just got the final PA docs for delivery today or tomorrow at Tysons SC. Doc fee is $930! Seems VA and FL have the highest doc fees $899. Whether that is a max or just typical charge by dealers in those two states is not clear. Still.....
 
Back
Top