Gravity Delivery Discussion

I got the call today that my GDE is on its way to Tysons and to finalize my financing application. A few hours later, the car flipped to "Preparing for Delivery" on my dashboard. For those wondering, I still have the "unexpected error" screen on my owner's manual and software update screens.

The car took about a month and a half to go from "In Production" to "Preparing for Delivery." (deets in my sig below)

Hopefully it won't be too long before I can actually pick up the vehicle....
 

Lucid announces deliveries of Lucid Gravity began in Canada​

Kind of annoying to see this is just starting now; I got a VIN and supposedly went into Production back in May, only to have it revert a few days later. I was told I was given a Canada VIN and so I wasn't allowed to have it so they pulled it back. I guess it might have been a demo car or something but it casts some doubt on the story of what happened.
 
Just tested Lucid’s new Halo Secure. Conceptually, it’s a step forward, but Live Drive feels oddly constrained. Right now, it only records if you honk or slam the brakes, saving just the previous 30 seconds. That’s fine for accidents, but it misses the broader utility of a dashcam.

Why not offer continuous recording or at least manual save? Many of us use dashcams to document road conditions, civic issues, or even scenic drives. I shelled out for the 512GB drive, feels like a waste when I can’t use it for real footage.
 
I got the call today that my GDE is on its way to Tysons and to finalize my financing application. A few hours later, the car flipped to "Preparing for Delivery" on my dashboard. For those wondering, I still have the "unexpected error" screen on my owner's manual and software update screens.

The car took about a month and a half to go from "In Production" to "Preparing for Delivery." (deets in my sig below)

Hopefully it won't be too long before I can actually pick up the vehicle....
The at unexpected error doesn’t go away after delivery. It’s been a website issue for a while.

Congrats and keep us posted!
 
Just tested Lucid’s new Halo Secure. Conceptually, it’s a step forward, but Live Drive feels oddly constrained. Right now, it only records if you honk or slam the brakes, saving just the previous 30 seconds. That’s fine for accidents, but it misses the broader utility of a dashcam.

Why not offer continuous recording or at least manual save? Many of us use dashcams to document road conditions, civic issues, or even scenic drives. I shelled out for the 512GB drive, feels like a waste when I can’t use it for real footage.
You can initiate the manual save from the Clearview Cockpit - it's the double circle icon
 
Just tested Lucid’s new Halo Secure. Conceptually, it’s a step forward, but Live Drive feels oddly constrained. Right now, it only records if you honk or slam the brakes, saving just the previous 30 seconds. That’s fine for accidents, but it misses the broader utility of a dashcam.

Why not offer continuous recording or at least manual save? Many of us use dashcams to document road conditions, civic issues, or even scenic drives. I shelled out for the 512GB drive, feels like a waste when I can’t use it for real footage.
Grab a GoPro off eBay with a suction mount and keep it in your glove compartment. Half joking, but it’s got MUCH better resolution for your scenic drive and civic event needs.

What car have you had where you can just press record and it will record until you stop? I know that’s how a separate third party dashcam works but haven’t seen that built into a car.

I don’t recall how it works in our X, but our R1S works similar to Halo secure where it only keeps the recording if triggered manually or by certain events. To me, that’s the real value in those cameras.
 
The at unexpected error doesn’t go away after delivery. It’s been a website issue for a while.

Congrats and keep us posted!
I'm aware it has been an issue; I was posting to share that it still isn't fixed as of now, so that others weren't surprised by it.

And.... thanks! I'm looking forward to it. Starting to get nervous too.....
 
I'm aware it has been an issue; I was posting to share that it still isn't fixed as of now, so that others weren't surprised by it.

And.... thanks! I'm looking forward to it. Starting to get nervous too.....
Oh yeah…I forget everybody hasn’t been obsessively following the forum for a while…not that I have, just saying…

Just remember. It’s a newborn car. It will be amazing, but patience is required! I’ve been super annoyed along the way but every time I drive it, I am amazed by how incredible it is.
 
You can initiate the manual save from the Clearview Cockpit - it's the double circle icon
You can also connect this to the Steering Wheel Controls Custom Button. Press and hold the button to have quick access to re-assign the control -- a bunch more options got added to this and the Pilot Panel Custom Buttons in 3.3.x; I discovered this accidentally last night.
 
Grab a GoPro off eBay with a suction mount and keep it in your glove compartment. Half joking, but it’s got MUCH better resolution for your scenic drive and civic event needs.

What car have you had where you can just press record and it will record until you stop? I know that’s how a separate third party dashcam works but haven’t seen that built into a car.

I don’t recall how it works in our X, but our R1S works similar to Halo secure where it only keeps the recording if triggered manually or by certain events. To me, that’s the real value in those cameras.
Tesla actually does offer manual recording via its Dashcam feature. It continuously records while driving, and you can tap to save clips anytime. BMW’s Drive Recorder, Toyota’s Integrated Dashcam, and even Genesis and Hyundai offer similar functionality, though most are limited to short buffers or performance overlays. Tesla’s still the most flexible.

And really, why deal with extra gadgets like suction-mounted GoPros when Lucid already has all the cameras built in? The hardware’s there.
 
You can initiate the manual save from the Clearview Cockpit - it's the double circle icon
But that’s still manual, not continuous. Tesla’s Dashcam records automatically while driving and lets you tap to save clips anytime. BMW, Toyota, Genesis, and others offer similar features, though most are limited to short buffers
 
I prefer a simple operation with continuous looping on a USB stick, on with motion, or a trigger event while parked.
 
Tesla actually does offer manual recording via its Dashcam feature. It continuously records while driving, and you can tap to save clips anytime. BMW’s Drive Recorder, Toyota’s Integrated Dashcam, and even Genesis and Hyundai offer similar functionality, though most are limited to short buffers or performance overlays. Tesla’s still the most flexible.

And really, why deal with extra gadgets like suction-mounted GoPros when Lucid already has all the cameras built in? The hardware’s there.
I'm pretty sure that the cam is continuous recording but only saves upon those events. Not sure what the purpose of having continuous recordings would be for?
 
I'm pretty sure that the cam is continuous recording but only saves upon those events. Not sure what the purpose of having continuous recordings would be for?
Yes, it records if you press the horn or trigger hard braking, but only saves the 30 seconds leading up to that moment. That’s useful in some cases, but it’s not true always-on protection.
Continuous recording captures everything while driving, not just triggered events. That means you’d have footage of road rage, reckless drivers, or unexpected incidents that don’t involve honking or slamming the brakes. It’s about having the full story, not just the aftermath.
And how about peace of mind? You don’t have to remember to press a button or hope the system triggers correctly. It’s always recording, so you’re always covered.
 
While we're banging on about dash cam systems, after having a Viofo dash cam installed in my Air, I noted with disappointment that the system has the same "blind spots" that the Tesla Dashcam does, right at the 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock positions. In both systems nothing that happens at those positions is seen and therefore nothing is recorded.

Perhaps a clunky GoPro-with-suction-cup-setup is the way to go, to get a "complete picture" of things.
 
I'm aware it has been an issue; I was posting to share that it still isn't fixed as of now, so that others weren't surprised by it.

And.... thanks! I'm looking forward to it. Starting to get nervous too.....
Ours changed to PPD yesterday too and is coming to Tysons. I bet our vehicles are riding on the truck together.
 
Back
Top