Gravity Delivery Discussion

I like the look with aero blades. Agree it’s really hard to see the caliper without them. Plus, 99% of people will have no idea what the caliper is or what it means. From a pure look perspective, totally subjective but the lugs are ugly AF (as my kids would say), so you need to cover those if you remove the aero blades.

My de came with center caps and lug nut covers in a bag with screws for the front license plate holder. Not sure if that’s normal.
 
My de came with center caps and lug nut covers in a bag with screws for the front license plate holder. Not sure if that’s normal.
Hmmm. My car came with a front license plate holder and screws, but no lug nut covers or center caps…
 
Hmmm. My car came with a front license plate holder and screws, but no lug nut covers or center caps…
If it’s a DE, ask the service center and they will give it to you. We had the same thing, asked, and they provided.

Otherwise you can buy them from the lucid store.
 
If it’s a DE, ask the service center and they will give it to you. We had the same thing, asked, and they provided.

Otherwise you can buy them from the lucid store.
I’ve got the “fake” GGT with no CoA…😆

I like the aero blades, so am not concerned. I do not like the front license plate MD requires. So that will stay off, like it did with our X and R1S, until I get pulled over and reminded to put it on. Which happened with both of the other cars.
 
The wheels look great, but I’m curious,. does Lucid offer a choice between summer and all-season tires for this size? That might explain the conflicting info. Is there a way to confirm which tires I’m getting before delivery?
Your most reliable info source is going to be the Lucid website and this forum that has actual owners.

Make sure you get a good look at the studio staff who provided incorrect info. Avoid them if possible.

I had an SA, who was filling in for my SA during a pre-delivery visit, try to tell me my GGT with 21/22s did not come with aero covers. Didn't argue with him. Just showed him the Lucid configurator. Done.

Nobody is perfect. Know your sources and do your research.

Love my 21/22s w/o covers.
Although the aero look is also nice.
Good to have choices.

1000005118.webp
 
Your most reliable info source is going to be the Lucid website and this forum that has actual owners.

Make sure you get a good look at the studio staff who provided incorrect info. Avoid them if possible.

I had an SA, who was filling in for my SA during a pre-delivery visit, try to tell me my GGT with 21/22s did not come with aero covers. Didn't argue with him. Just showed him the Lucid configurator. Done.

Nobody is perfect. Know your sources and do your research.

Love my 21/22s w/o covers.
Although the aero look is also nice.
Good to have choices.

View attachment 33117
Yes, lesson learned. I see you have the Platinum appearance, so the tires look different from the Stealth version—very nice. I didn’t see any mention of the aero cover in the description.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20251005_133514_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20251005_133514_Gallery.webp
    146.2 KB · Views: 173
Yes, lesson learned. I see you have the Platinum appearance, so the tires look different from the Stealth version—very nice. I didn’t see any mention of the aero cover in the description.
Aero covers not mentioned in the wheel description, but the picture in the configurator shows the covers.

1000005120.webp
 
Yes, lesson learned. I see you have the Platinum appearance, so the tires look different from the Stealth version—very nice. I didn’t see any mention of the aero cover in the description.
In addition to the configurator picture, there was a NYC event held earlier this year during which forum members who attended, posted pics of Gravities on 21/22s.

Just about any info you're looking for is on this forum. The search feature isn't perfect, but it's very useful. Doing searches will take longer than Co-pilot or another AIs, but yours may be more accurate because you will know the context of your searches.

AI tools are famous for searching forums (including this one) and presenting opinions as facts.
 
Yes, lesson learned. I see you have the Platinum appearance, so the tires look different from the Stealth version—very nice. I didn’t see any mention of the aero cover in the description.
The 20/21 are black - even on the platinum.
 
Your most reliable info source is going to be the Lucid website and this forum that has actual owners.

Make sure you get a good look at the studio staff who provided incorrect info. Avoid them if possible.

I had an SA, who was filling in for my SA during a pre-delivery visit, try to tell me my GGT with 21/22s did not come with aero covers. Didn't argue with him. Just showed him the Lucid configurator. Done.

Nobody is perfect. Know your sources and do your research.

Love my 21/22s w/o covers.
Although the aero look is also nice.
Good to have choices.

View attachment 33117
So the Bear center caps you had to buy on your own?
 
So the Bear center caps you had to buy on your own?

Our car had the bear center caps on the 21/22" wheels when it was delivered without the aero blades installed. The bear caps had to be replaced with Lucid logo caps when installing the aero covers, but the bear caps and lug nut covers were given to me to keep should I want to remove the blades later.
 
Our car had the bear center caps on the 21/22" wheels when it was delivered without the aero blades installed. The bear caps had to be replaced with Lucid logo caps when installing the aero covers, but the bear caps and lug nut covers were given to me to keep should I want to remove the blades later.
You’re a DE owner. Want to see if us lowly GGT buyers get the same treatment.
 
You’re a DE owner. Want to see if us lowly GGT buyers get the same treatment.
We do not.:(

I had to buy the center cap and lug nut covers; $200.
I had them installed before home delivery.
 
Does anyone know if the glass canopy sunshades in the Air can be re-purposed to the Gravity?
I think Clyde2575 may have said the fronts fit, but what about the rears?
I hope the aftermarket for Gravity is more plentiful than for the Air.
 
Does anyone know if the glass canopy sunshades in the Air can be re-purposed to the Gravity?
I think Clyde2575 may have said the fronts fit, but what about the rears?
I hope the aftermarket for Gravity is more plentiful than for the Air.
The front maybe but definitely not the rear.
 
The front maybe but definitely not the rear.
Thanks.
Time to shell out $250 to Lucid then, which is kind of pricey.
It'd be nice if the rewards store has this item.
 
Thanks.
Time to shell out $250 to Lucid then, which is kind of pricey.
It'd be nice if the rewards store has this item.
They're pricey but definitely worth it
 
I spoke yesterday and today with my Lucid SA. He says he has confirmed my DE is produced and is in the Post Production phase. I think it might be called PDI. I don’t know what that means for time left, but it is the last step before it can be put on a truck. But i understand that can be quite some time before it actually gets delivered. So i will keep you posted and provide pictures as early as possible.
Well, two weeks ago, the In Production status went back to Ordered. My SA was surprised as he had been told the car was in post production review. As of yesterday it was back to In Production with a new VIN? The frustration is real. The problem is communication. Almost every thread in this forum could be solved with good communicaiton. When i got my Tesla Roadster #796, i had the number to the VP of manufacturing and VP of Sales. Could call them on their cell phones. I just need to know if this is a real VIN and when will the car get on a truck. It shouldn’t be that hard.
 
Not a fan of covered lugs, I'd go with acorn lugs if I were running without the cover. Of course I'd still have to buy center cover from Lucid or go with a more generic one.
Never heard of them until now. If I hadn't already spent $200 for the Lucid kit, I'd consider them. I like the rounded head.

The Lucid center caps currently are not sold separately. That could change perhaps.
 
Back
Top