Gravity Delivery Discussion

I don't know why we keep having this conversation on the forum. It was clear on the official Lucid website that the original $2,000 Loyalty Offer was only for a qualified Air, and it is likewise clear on the website that the new offer that covers a Gravity acquisition only extends to Gravities bought from inventory, not one ordered to personal configuration.

Yet posters keep insisting the offer is available in other circumstances no matter how many times they are pointed to the very clear language on the Lucid website.

Of course, Lucid has contributed to this by not getting their Sales Advisors on the same page about the issue. But this persistently-repeated misinformation on the forum is not helping matters by keeping hopes alive that what Lucid officially says about the offers somehow, some way can be ignored.
Well apparently Lucid website has misinformation about the $7,500 Lucid credit being applied to Cash purchase
1759469102687.webp
 
Anyone scheduled for delivery today or this weekend???
 
Anyone scheduled for delivery today or this weekend???
What i find really interesting is that i havent seen any changes in the inventory in about 48 hrs. I think there was 1 new listing wednesday, but that was it. Weird.....
 
Well apparently Lucid website has misinformation about the $7,500 Lucid credit being applied to Cash purchase
View attachment 33023

I'm missing your point here.

Isn't the $7,500 Lucid credit meant to offset the loss of the federal tax credit -- a credit that was available only for the purchase of cars costing under $80,000? This car price is well above that limit and on a cash purchase would not have gotten the federal tax credit, anyway.
 
I'm missing your point here.

Isn't the $7,500 Lucid credit meant to offset the loss of the federal tax credit -- a credit that was available only for the purchase of cars costing under $80,000? This car price is well above that limit and on a cash purchase would not have gotten the federal tax credit, anyway.
$7,500 FTC only applied to lease, however as of today on Lucid website Configuring your Gravity > Review Order for a CASH purchase the screenshot implies that you are qualified for the $7,500 Lucid credit which is not true.

My point is the original Lucid website verbiage for the $2,000 Loyalty Offer lacked language on the qualification leading to the SA providing incorrect info to the deposit holder.
If the numbers were discussed & finalized prior to pick up with your SA - however on the day of pick up the final signing documents numbers were changed - it feels like a bait & switch for the deposit holder.

Lucid should have "made it right" for the deposit holder that were affected
 
Agreed. Hopefully with a large supply of random builds available for new buyers who want something soon and aren’t as picky about options, the factory can start focusing on the backlog of orders with Tech package. I would be willing to bet that the vast majority of outstanding orders over 4 months old are ones with Tech package. Hopefully they have a large enough supply of HUDs to address this backlog.

I am also noticing that the Available Vehicles list is growing and they are not moving nearly as fast as last week. I also noticed that none of them are shown as being at a location and none have a Delivery Fee. I have a feeling that last couple weeks Lucid delivered a bunch of random Gravity to various locations and then opened up the Available Vehicles listings and by tacking on the delivery fee, they prioritized local buyers that could close quickly by EOQ. Now that quarter is over, this delivery fee is gone so that it does not hinder selling these units. 2-4 weeks delay in sale to allow for delivery does not matter to Lucid at this point.
I have a white Gt without HUD and it is in production now
 
Anyone scheduled for delivery today or this weekend???
I got caught up in the current re-inspection notification and my delivery will probably be next week. I guess the deliveries are paused until the Gravities get reinspected. My SA was not clear about what, although others here have said it was for safety.
 
I got caught up in the current re-inspection notification and my delivery will probably be next week. I guess the deliveries are paused until the Gravities get reinspected. My SA was not clear about what, although others here have said it was for safety.
So the pause is real?

Love the timing. Whatever it is, it’s very important - but not as important as selling cars by end of quarter…

I kid…kind of…
 
Last edited:
So the pause is real?

Love the timing. Whatever it is, it’s very important - but not until after the quarter ended!
Well, I got the pause info from the horses mouth (SA) today.

I was potentially scheduled to get the car before the end of quarter. I had noticed my dashboard said "Preparing for Delivery" and soon thereafter (few days before EOQ) they called for me to do my trade-in ASAP and apply for financing. After completing those items – crickets....
 
I swapped my order to one of the "Available Soon" inventory cars today.

The "compromises" if you can call it that:
  • Aurora Green Supernova Bronze
    • A bit nervous about this, since I haven't seen the color in person. Does anyone have pictures of this color they can share?
  • + Dynamic Handling Package
    • I opted not to do this before for cost-savings, but I'm excited to have this. It only added ~$50/mo to my lease, so at that rate, it's not an issue.
Otherwise, this vehicle matched my config exactly. It's supposed to be "Available in 2 Weeks" - will share updates as I get them.
 
You 100% want dynamic handling. Fantastic choice.
 
$7,500 FTC only applied to lease, however as of today on Lucid website Configuring your Gravity > Review Order for a CASH purchase the screenshot implies that you are qualified for the $7,500 Lucid credit which is not true.

My point is the original Lucid website verbiage for the $2,000 Loyalty Offer lacked language on the qualification leading to the SA providing incorrect info to the deposit holder.
If the numbers were discussed & finalized prior to pick up with your SA - however on the day of pick up the final signing documents numbers were changed - it feels like a bait & switch for the deposit holder.

Lucid should have "made it right" for the deposit holder that were affected
I asked my SA about the cash price discount of $7500 reflected in the Lucid designer and he told me it was only for leased vehicles, and only if ordered before Sept. 30. I was hoping my cash deal was going to get $7500 cheaper!
 
Well, I got the pause info from the horses mouth (SA) today.

I was potentially scheduled to get the car before the end of quarter. I had noticed my dashboard said "Preparing for Delivery" and soon thereafter (few days before EOQ) they called for me to do my trade-in ASAP and apply for financing. After completing those items – crickets....
Was the trade-in via a link to KBB from your SA? Provide an update to confirm the trade-in offer amount matches your final signing document.
 
I swapped my order to one of the "Available Soon" inventory cars today.

The "compromises" if you can call it that:
  • Aurora GreenSupernova Bronze
    • A bit nervous about this, since I haven't seen the color in person. Does anyone have pictures of this color they can share?
  • + Dynamic Handling Package
    • I opted not to do this before for cost-savings, but I'm excited to have this. It only added ~$50/mo to my lease, so at that rate, it's not an issue.
Otherwise, this vehicle matched my config exactly. It's supposed to be "Available in 2 Weeks" - will share updates as I get them.

When we were at the Miami Design Studio last year I asked to photograph the Supernova Bronze sample outdoors in natural sunlight. (Aurora Green on top / Supernova Bronze on bottom.) It's a beautiful color, and if it (and the Ojai interior) had been available on the Dream Edition we might have gotten it.

Screenshot 2024-11-06 at 4.11.17 PM.webp


As for Dynamic Handling, YES!, you definitely want that. We have an Air Dream Performance, and I've been astonished at how the rear-wheel steering in the Gravity effectively "shrinks" and "stretches" the Gravity in maneuvers -- tightening the turn radius in sharp turns and in parking lots and "lengthening" and stabilizing the chassis in high-speed lane changes. It's a good part of what gives the Gravity its sports car vibe.
 
Was the trade-in via a link to KBB from your SA? Provide an update to confirm the trade-in offer amount matches your final signing document.
The KBB link was from somebody affiliated from KBB ([email protected]). The link requested that I uploaded my drivers license, copies of my title and registration to confirm acceptance of their trade-in offer.

Since I’m leasing, and I had already accepted the lease offer without the trade in, the SA says that they will be updating the lease financing.
 
The KBB link was from somebody affiliated from KBB ([email protected]). The link requested that I uploaded my drivers license, copies of my title and registration to confirm acceptance of their trade-in offer.

Since I’m leasing, and I had already accepted the lease offer without the trade in, the SA says that they will be updating the lease financing.
Got it, did you do a Zoom walk around of your vehicle? Or photos of the interior & exterior of the vehicle? We're they detailed or picky with high resolution images of your trade in?
 
Got it, did you do a Zoom walk around of your vehicle? Or photos of the interior & exterior of the vehicle? We're they detailed or picky with high resolution images of your trade in?
Actually, since it's a 2 step process where they collect info and images and then do the video. The images are optional and since I filled out the form while I was not near the vehicle, I just submitted it without photos. So I don't think they really care for images, since the guided walk around video (MS Teams) covers any areas they are interested in. But I suppose if you give them really nice photos, they may give you a better initial appraisal, which may boost the video appraisal.

They gave me a preliminary appraisal of $17,710 for my initial photoless submission. They send a final appraisal after the video of $17,500.
 
Back
Top