Gravity Delivery Discussion

I was told by my sales associate that commitment to production to VIN assignment would be 6-8 weeks. I figure another 3 weeks additional for production testing and shipping so it looks like December for me
 
I was told by my sales associate that commitment to production to VIN assignment would be 6-8 weeks. I figure another 3 weeks additional for production testing and shipping so it looks like December for me
So are you showing as “In Production” on your Lucid Dashboard?
 
I don’t see that anywhere. Where would I look on the dashboard? I assume I would need a VIN first before proceeding to production
 
In a "Carmudgeon" podcast a few months ago, auto journalist and stunt driver Jason Cammisa talked about the Gravity's rear-wheel steering system. It only deflects up to 2.7º, which sounds paltry compared to the 4º (and optional 10º) deflection on cars such as the MB EQS. However, Cammisa said it was the most sophisticated and effective system in the industry, rivaled only by Porsche's new-generation system (which also doesn't deflect that much). In Cammisa's view, the MB and similar systems that wow people who see the rear wheels turn sharply when parking are, in fact, more party tricks than real driving aids.
I'm already sold on the party tricks by the EQS. Making a U turn is so much easier, almost always a one-attempt deal, not back and forth.
Can't wait to get to the real thing in Gravity, but at this production rate, I may not see the car until next year.
 
I'm already sold on the party tricks by the EQS. Making a U turn is so much easier, almost always a one-attempt deal, not back and forth.
Can't wait to get to the real thing in Gravity, but at this production rate, I may not see the car until next year.
There are over 70 available online…though they all seem to missing a key option (to me).
 
I don’t see that anywhere. Where would I look on the dashboard? I assume I would need a VIN first before proceeding to production
As you can see in my Dashboard, mine says “Order Confirmed”. If your Gravity truly is in production, the “In Production” would be highlighted. Once you have “In Production” you should then be able to access VIN info. Until your Dashboard changes to “In Production” any pre-VIN, Pre-production info your SA is giving you is basically just an unsubstantiated rumor.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0005.webp
    IMG_0005.webp
    159.5 KB · Views: 96
There are over 70 available online…though they all seem to missing a key option (to me).
I was goaded by the forum's luminaries into ordering a Dream edition :) .
Thinking back, trying to justify my decision, I actually now believe the extra HP is nice because for the Gravity is 800 lbs heavier than the Air. So if one is used to the agility of the Air, the Gravity ought to feel slower, having the same horsepowers with the Air GT.
 
I was goaded by the forum's luminaries into ordering a Dream edition :) .
Thinking back, trying to justify my decision, I actually now believe the extra HP is nice because for the Gravity is 800 lbs heavier than the Air. So if one is used to the agility of the Air, the Gravity ought to feel slower, having the same horsepowers with the Air GT.
There was an orphan GDE available on Thursday, but I bet it’s gone. Spoke with my SA about it. It has 22/23. I expect there will be more as it’s easy to put a $1,000 deposit in, harder when it’s time to pay $140,000+…

That said, the GGT does not lack for power in any mode.
 
Last edited:
There was an orphan GDE available on Thursday, but I bet it’s gone. Spoke with my SA about it. I expect there will be more as it’s easy to put a $1,000 deposit in, harder when it’s time to pay $140,000+…

That said, the GGT does not lack for power in any mode.
Have any GDE's shown up as available inventory vehicles? Approx 3 weeks ago I was told by my SA that my Black on Tahoe GGT with small wheels was going to enter production soon (all options except tech, did include power) and I should expect 8-12 weeks for delivery from that phone call. Still showing as 'order confirmed'. Not in a hurry but will need to sell my Model X Plaid. The gravity mats, frunk seat, and shades arrived in only a few days which was great.
 
Last edited:
I was goaded by the forum's luminaries into ordering a Dream edition :) .
Thinking back, trying to justify my decision, I actually now believe the extra HP is nice because for the Gravity is 800 lbs heavier than the Air. So if one is used to the agility of the Air, the Gravity ought to feel slower, having the same horsepowers with the Air GT.
You made the right choice. :p
 
Have any GDE's shown up as available inventory vehicles? Approx 3 weeks ago I was told by my SA that my Black on Tahoe GGT with small wheels was going to enter production soon (all options except tech, did include power) and I should expect 8-12 weeks for delivery from that phone call. Still showing as 'order confirmed'. Not in a hurry but will need to sell my Model X Plaid. The gravity mats, frunk seat, and shades arrived in only a few days which was great.
None that we’ve seen. There’s a waiting list for GDEs and that is handled separately from the inventory cars. GDEs will not show up on the site. There’s enough demand for them, per my SA.
 
Have any GDE's shown up as available inventory vehicles? Approx 3 weeks ago I was told by my SA that my Black on Tahoe GGT with small wheels was going to enter production soon (all options except tech, did include power) and I should expect 8-12 weeks for delivery from that phone call. Still showing as 'order confirmed'. Not in a hurry but will need to sell my Model X Plaid. The gravity mats, frunk seat, and shades arrived in only a few days which was great.
Only SA has access to available GDE & they will not go online as available inventory
I had a Black GGT with Yosemite enter production on 08/13 canceled it shortly after 45 days of production & picked up an inventory instead
Are you planning to trade in or other external party to sell the Plaid?
 
In a "Carmudgeon" podcast a few months ago, auto journalist and stunt driver Jason Cammisa talked about the Gravity's rear-wheel steering system. It only deflects up to 2.7º, which sounds paltry compared to the 4º (and optional 10º) deflection on cars such as the MB EQS. However, Cammisa said it was the most sophisticated and effective system in the industry, rivaled only by Porsche's new-generation system (which also doesn't deflect that much). In Cammisa's view, the MB and similar systems that wow people who see the rear wheels turn sharply when parking are, in fact, more party tricks than real driving aids.

Unlike most rear-wheel steering systems which use a rear steering rack locking the two wheels to the same angle, the Gravity has independent actuators on each wheel, allowing for separate adjustment. Lucid has said that they are making use of that utility right now in only very limited circumstances but that future OTA updates might bring even more refinement to the system.

And, by the way, the Dynamic Handling Package also brings the 3-chamber air suspension system instead of the base 1-chamber system. In single-chamber systems, suspension stiffness inevitably changes as a function of ride height due to the differing behavior of air compressed to different pressures. A 3-chamber system allows stiffness to be adjusted independently of ride height, thus allowing you to retain the desired compliance when adjusting ride height for other reasons.

To me, the $2900 premium for the Dynamic Handling Package is the best bang for the buck on the whole options list.
My experience with very early 4WS systems was dramatic. It actually felt like if you didn’t adjust to the swing of the rear of the car you could actually oversteer and have the rear rendered bang into something. It was like drifting in slow motion.
 
You made the right choice. :p
I sort of knew it when I saw all the forum's Air Dream owners went for the Gravity Dream.
But it's all relative.
My first car was a beat-up Plymouth Fury, about the size of a small boat, with 300 hp if and when all cylinders fired correctly, and I still enjoyed it.
 
Last edited:
I sort of knew it when I saw all the Air Dream owners went for the Gravity Dream.
But it's all relative.
My first car was a beat-up Plymouth Fury, about the size of a small boat, with 300 hp if and when all cylinders fired correctly, and I still enjoyed it.
Well, you’re also looking at a different group of folks economically if they had an Air Dream and can go buy a Gravity Dream. It’s a want, not a need. But I suppose that’s true of the Gravity in general given the price point.

I do still wish I had waited it out for our GDE if only for the fun of having it - and, of course, the certificate of authenticity versus my “knock off” GGT. 😆

That’s why I am on the list for a GDE. However, my wife refuses to stop driving her 2022 X…
 
Well, you’re also looking at a different group of folks economically if they had an Air Dream and can go buy a Gravity Dream. It’s a want, not a need. But I suppose that’s true of the Gravity in general given the price point.

I do still wish I had waited it out for our GDE if only for the fun of having it - and, of course, the certificate of authenticity versus my “knock off” GGT. 😆

That’s why I am on the list for a GDE. However, my wife refuses to stop driving her 2022 X…
And once you wife see the KBB value for her X for sure its a big "nope"
 
Only SA has access to available GDE & they will not go online as available inventory
I had a Black GGT with Yosemite enter production on 08/13 canceled it shortly after 45 days of production & picked up an inventory instead
Are you planning to trade in or other external party to sell the Plaid?
I’m in Kansas City, they said to trade I have to drive to Chicago. I will probably sell private party unless they make a strong offer.
 
And once you wife see the KBB value for her X for sure its a big "nope"
Tesla is not helpful to current owners. Depreciation is already steep. When they keep messing with pricing, yes, it’s annoying. You just have to “eat it” or drive it into the ground. My wife said she’d prefer to buy another X than drive the Gravity! Now we will need couples therapy!
 
Back
Top