Gravity Delivery Discussion

My car is getting held up for this notice until it is corrected. I also told my SA, by the way, can you make sure they apply the fob update and update to 3.3.3 - all for now. Sucks as right now there is no effort given on how long the 'TSB' will take to perform. From my home office, I have the shutters open just in case some big Lucid transport shows up.
Fascinating. I wonder what it is! (The latest version is 3.3.2, FYI)
 
The one option that I do absolutely miss from the X is auto-closing on brake press.
Meh. I don't miss that as much as I thought I would. I think it's because other cars that employ auto open / close (Cadillac Escalade IQ, for example) do so with such poise; such quiet confidence. The same cannot be said of the mechanism in the Model X. The door always sort of slams shut, then soft-closes the rest of the way. Brutish by comparison.
 
Meh. I don't miss that as much as I thought I would. I think it's because other cars that employ auto open / close (Cadillac Escalade IQ, for example) do so with such poise; such quiet confidence. The same cannot be said of the mechanism in the Model X. The door always sort of slams shut, then soft-closes the rest of the way. Brutish by comparison.
True. But I’m lazy.
 
What about enabling automatic activation on home arrival and departure?
From my experience, the "automatic activation" is just the onscreen button popping up in the top right panel. It does not appear to automatically open/close on arrival/departure (without some additional 3rd party hardware). I ended up doing what several other folks here have done: program the button on the steering wheel for Homelink as tapping on the on-screen button was frustratingly bad.
 
How long did folks have to wait from VIN being shared to delivery?
 
What about enabling automatic activation on home arrival and departure?
Yes. It will open your garage door upon arrival; I don't remember if it does it for departure and . This is from an email they sent in August when it had a bug, but I assume they've fixed it now. I don't use it, because I use Home Assistant for my automations. I find it much more reliable than any manufacturer's automations for any product, lol

1759423501054.webp
 
From my experience, the "automatic activation" is just the onscreen button popping up in the top right panel. It does not appear to automatically open/close on arrival/departure (without some additional 3rd party hardware). I ended up doing what several other folks here have done: program the button on the steering wheel for Homelink as tapping on the on-screen button was frustratingly bad.
Agree! I just use the programmable button on the steering wheel for HomeLink activation. Super easy, and hands are on the wheel anyway. One click open; one click close.
 
Agree! I just use the programmable button on the steering wheel for HomeLink activation. Super easy, and hands are on the wheel anyway. One click open; one click close.

That's interesting. I switch drive modes much more often than I open or close garage doors and love having that button set to switch drive modes without having to take my eyes off the road. It's one of my favorite UI upgrades over the Air.
 
Yes. It will open your garage door upon arrival; I don't remember if it does it for departure and . This is from an email they sent in August when it had a bug, but I assume they've fixed it now. I don't use it, because I use Home Assistant for my automations. I find it much more reliable than any manufacturer's automations for any product, lol

View attachment 32993
I just went and looked and my screen looks different than your screenshot. I’m guessing they have disabled it for now.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1448.webp
    IMG_1448.webp
    242.9 KB · Views: 128
I just went and looked and my screen looks different than your screenshot. I’m guessing they have disabled it for now.
That is entirely possible! So in that case, it used to work, but was apparently buggy, and sounds like they are fixing it for an eventual re-release.

And this is why I use Home Assistant. :)
 
You said this last quarter, and I thought it couldn't possibly be true, and it turned out you were right. So I can't argue that you're wrong, but I still don't understand the logic.

Why not deliver a bunch of vehicles now, especially if they're built, and allow more capacity for stuffing the order books in December so the overall quarter-end number will be even higher? Why piss off customers in the interim?

Assuming you're right, there's additional cause for pessimism around my as-yet-undelivered car.....

FFFFFFFF
The not-so-good answer is that they're not really ready yet, but they delivered them anyway to get them on the books for that quarter rather than work on them longer to get the bugs fixed.
 
The not-so-good answer is that they're not really ready yet, but they delivered them anyway to get them on the books for that quarter rather than work on them longer to get the bugs fixed.
That answer is not-so-good only because it is straight-up-wrong. :)
 
I just went and looked and my screen looks different than your screenshot. I’m guessing they have disabled it for now.
It looks like you don't have a garage door programmed. The auto activation is on a per garage door basis. Notice in broski's example he has a garage name (Garage 2).
 
Back
Top