Gravity Delivery Discussion

That’s a good point. But what I don’t miss is my driver door opening into the car parked next to me or my FWDs refusing to open fully in the carpool lane and being “that guy”…
Coming from having sequentially owned two Model Xs, I agree wholeheartedly and add the following -- watching folks flinch in surprise (or in some cases terror of not knowing what's happening) whenever the doors open for egress; or watching same poking at the exterior door 'handles' to activate auto open, followed by me shouting '...you have to press harder!" ... and the folks standing outside waiting for the rear FWDs to open, always standing too close to the doors, so the sensors (having detected an 'obstacle') decide not to open the doors fully, forcing passengers to contort themselves to get inside. Ugh... if I had a nickel hahaha! Good riddance!
 
I did say “allegedly” on the range difference!

As for delivery pace, 100% speculation on my part. I give you that. I like to think it’s well informed speculation though! 😏 would really love to hear wrong!

Disclaimer - Past performance is not an indication of future performance.
I’m pretty confident any delays would not be due to the quarter being over. What happens when you make incentives and have a huge advertising campaign that actually works, combined with a LOT of people looking to get out of Teslas, is it’s a pretty good stress test of the infrastructure you have in place to get vehicles into customer hands. So any screw ups by lucid financial or by the customer or by the bank or by a customer not having the right stuff or by the vehicle itself (they had to do that TSC on EVERY Gravity keyfob before delivering new ones not too long ago, don’t forget) can lead to quite the domino effect if every sale and delivery doesn’t go perfectly. Plus any delayed delivery just creates more work the next day!
 
It would be normal to have a “very slight” lull after a big end of quarter push, but it makes no sense to go into slow motion for 2 months and then go full court at EOQ. I expect the factory to keep going full tilt until Christmas to get as many vehicles out and ready for delivery and then maybe take a step back for holidays, but then the sales people will keep full tilt till year end trying to close year end sales/deliveries.

On that note, I texted my SA this morning to get a status update and he has normally gotten back to me in less than 2 or 3 hours. So he might have taken the day off. Or he might be dealing fixing a bunch of issues from rushed last minute deliveries (or non-deliveries) over the past couple days.
 
I'm sure Lucid would love to meet or beat the full year guidance for deliveries. Let the team pause briefly to catch their breath after the end-of-quarter push wouldn't be surprising. And I also wouldn't be shocked if they temporarily slow production so they can address hardware issues they've identified in the vehicles built so far. But I'd be shocked if they all go on vacation for 2 months and then try to meet end of year targets all in December.
 
Since the cars headed to KSA are semi-knockdown, they are considered WIP until final assembly in KSA. I am sure that Lucid is trying to get these shipped to KSA very soon to meet EOY production numbers. That may mean a lower priority for North America for the next few weeks.
 
so, was supposed to pick up our Gravity on October 10th. SA said it was ready to go so wife decided she wanted it now and we planned to go pick it up Friday. SA is saying he’s waiting on service to confirm it’s ready for both yesterday and today. What could possibly be the hold up if it was “ready now”?
 
So heard from my SA that our Gravity has left the factory. 4 days to Florida, 5-7 days PDI , his words.
And he starts vacation tomorrow. He will be back in time for my delivery but he handed me over to his manager while he is gone. Yes, I’m pumped!
 
So heard from my SA that our Gravity has left the factory. 4 days to Florida, 5-7 days PDI , his words.
And he starts vacation tomorrow. He will be back in time for my delivery but he handed me over to his manager while he is gone. Yes, I’m pumped!
Do you have Erik at WPB?
 
There’s a post on the Lucid subreddit from an hour ago about “all deliveries being on hold until a safety issue is resolved.” Has anyone else heard that from their SA?
 
wow. dissappointing.

this was the worst experience I could have imagined. I spent 7 hours trying to take this Gravity home. and nothing, except losing my $1k deposit.

My sales advisor confirmed my lease deal last week. the numbers were done. I was getting a certain amount for my trade in, a $7,500 ev credit and a $2k trade in incentive. the rest was simple math to get to my lease deal. this was all confirmed last week via text.

the lucidmotors website did not show the deal and my SA said that is fine. he said because i have a trade in nothing finalizes until i bring the car in. well, I did.

after hours of changing registrations, spending time setting up my new gravity, and all the back end work they do, they started to put paper in front of me to sign. so i start signing. then at the very end around 7 pm at night, they want me to sign my trade in title. I ask to confirm the trade in price and VOILA! the offer i received was changed. it was lower which made the lease higher in cost. when i said that this did not make sense, they went back and forth.

long story short…. i did my trade in inspection four days ago. got the offer and my SA gave me the final price. well, some guy from [email protected] sent me an email right after the inspection that the price offered was lowered. i did not see this email as it was not from LUCID!! my SA never saw this email either. so both of us thought the car was priced higher. in addition, they tell me the $2k trade in incentive does not exist for the gravity. i learn all lf this 6 hours into the buying experience.

needless to say, I was tired and said no. we move with the deal I was told and the reason why I am here or nothing. they tried hard for me to understand the mistake they made and for me to accept the lower offer for my trade in and the removal of the incentive. but, I am old, and I was tired. I said no.

They then told me I would lose my $1k deposit which I made in November of 2024.

so, no car, no $1k, terrible experience.

this is the end for me with Lucid.

i have been a true Lucid fan since buying my Air in 2023. I have many referrals and convinced many friends to buy Lucid. i still have over 90k unused referral points. I have participated in several Lucid member rallies and always talked up the brand.

that ended today.

this will be my last post here (at least for now). I went from a person dreaming of the Gravity to now a person who wants the 11 months left ln my Lucid Air lease to come by fast so I can get rid of it.

so long Lucid and good luck.
I hope Lucid reached out to make this right. I know they're stretched, but customers service is what keeps business running on the long run. Cars don't sell themselves no matter how good they may be.
 
FWIW, Marc was quoted on Semafor yesterday stating they added another shift in the factory for all of Q4 to meet the EOY delivery target. So not slowing down, but speeding up. SAs may be taking a break,,but not the factory.
 
The $2,000 loyalty credit DOES apply for Gravity beginning this month if you’re taking one on site, per the website. See attached snapshot. Would love to know if they’re giving it or if the website is incorrect.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9477.webp
    IMG_9477.webp
    90.5 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
The $2,000 loyalty credit DOES apply for Gravity beginning this month if you’re taking one on site, per the website. See attached snapshot. Would love to know if they’re giving it or if the website is incorrect.
My SA told me earlier it applied to pre-ordered vehicles. I called and asked him to get official confirmation. Waiting to hear back.
 
My SA told me earlier it applied to pre-ordered vehicles. I called and asked him to get official confirmation. Waiting to hear back.
I think the SA is wrong based on the website. It’s pretty clear it has to be on site inventory. Really curious to know what you hear back.
 
Coming from having sequentially owned two Model Xs, I agree wholeheartedly and add the following -- watching folks flinch in surprise (or in some cases terror of not knowing what's happening) whenever the doors open for egress; or watching same poking at the exterior door 'handles' to activate auto open, followed by me shouting '...you have to press harder!" ... and the folks standing outside waiting for the rear FWDs to open, always standing too close to the doors, so the sensors (having detected an 'obstacle') decide not to open the doors fully, forcing passengers to contort themselves to get inside. Ugh... if I had a nickel hahaha! Good riddance!
I almost always operated the FWDs with my key fob specifically to avoid confusion.

My driver’s door though would often fight against me when it didn’t agree with what I was trying to do manually. In tight parking situations if I opened the door and tried to squeeze out without banging the door against an obstacle the door would often just try to close on me and shove me against the car. I think that was the most irritating thing about the front doors of the X.

The one option that I do absolutely miss from the X is auto-closing on brake press.
 
All but one of the 5-seaters we've seen delivered thus far were delivered this way. Someone posted today on the forum that their's didn't have the tracks, but that's the first I've seen like that, so you're at least in good company.

They didn't 'mess up,' in other words.
From

No tracks. Appears it was delivered yesterday.

1759374604715.webp
 
I almost always operated the FWDs with my key fob specifically to avoid confusion.

My driver’s door though would often fight against me when it didn’t agree with what I was trying to do manually. In tight parking situations if I opened the door and tried to squeeze out without banging the door against an obstacle the door would often just try to close on me and shove me against the car. I think that was the most irritating thing about the front doors of the X.

The one option that I do absolutely miss from the X is auto-closing on brake press.
Agree on the auto close, but I like the butler doors when there is enough space for the doors to open & my hands are full carrying everyone else's stuff into the car
 
There’s a post on the Lucid subreddit from an hour ago about “all deliveries being on hold until a safety issue is resolved.” Has anyone else heard that from their SA?
My car is getting held up for this notice until it is corrected. I also told my SA, by the way, can you make sure they apply the fob update and update to 3.3.3 - all for now. Sucks as right now there is no effort given on how long the 'TSB' will take to perform. From my home office, I have the shutters open just in case some big Lucid transport shows up.
 
Back
Top