Gravity Delivery Discussion

It was 7. Did it get built and sold to someone else? Did it ever get built? Who knows……
 
Several times when drying my GGT around the windshield area, a brown recluse will crawl out.
Anyone else?

I made the mistake of mentioning it to my wife and in true "consider the worse" fashion, she's wondering if there's a nest.
I think it's from being in the Arizona desert until transport.

I'd post this to the Gravity Bugs thread, but ... you know ... arachnid.
Corny. :)
 
Are you sure it's a brown recluse, and not just a brown spider? They're not common in the mid Atlantic.... (I think that's where you are)
 
Several times when drying my GGT around the windshield area, a brown recluse will crawl out.
Anyone else?

I made the mistake of mentioning it to my wife and in true "consider the worse" fashion, she's wondering if there's a nest.
I think it's from being in the Arizona desert until transport.

I'd post this to the Gravity Bugs thread, but ... you know ... arachnid.
Corny. :)
The brown recluse is not likely to come from Arizona. Other spiders could come from AZ though.
 
Last edited:
Are you sure it's a brown recluse, and not just a brown spider? They're not common in the mid Atlantic.... (I think that's where you are)

So spiders now? Can they swim? Is there maybe an upside to our Gravities constantly ending up in the ocean?
 
Are you sure it's a brown recluse, and not just a brown spider? They're not common in the mid Atlantic.... (I think that's where you are)
Looking closer at images of a brown recluse, I think you're right.
The ones I'm seeing don't have the large, rounded abdomen of a recluse.

Thanks.
False alarm.
Back to your GGTs/GDEs.
 
So spiders now? Can they swim? Is there maybe an upside to our Gravities constantly ending up in the ocean?
Your Gravities are hurricane hunters.
First west coast of Africa. Now off the east coast of south Florida.

Maybe call your newest one Imelda.
 
My current order includes the towing package, but it seems like few models have this option available. Would it be fine to have a tow hitch added later by a local RV shop? I’ve done this before with a Honda Pilot, and it worked out well. I only need the hitch for a bike rack and don’t plan on towing a trailer.

Does it make sense to skip the towing package and add the hitch afterward?
 
My current order includes the towing package, but it seems like few models have this option available. Would it be fine to have a tow hitch added later by a local RV shop? I’ve done this before with a Honda Pilot, and it worked out well. I only need the hitch for a bike rack and don’t plan on towing a trailer.

Does it make sense to skip the towing package and add the hitch afterward?
Not if you may ever need to make a warranty claim. Also, there’s no removable cutout in bumper area if you don’t get towing. Just wait. Seriously. They’re pumping out cars now and you want to get exactly what you want and definitely don’t want to mess with aftermarket towing on a $100,000+ car.
 
Not if you may ever need to make a warranty claim. Also, there’s no removable cutout in bumper area if you don’t get towing. Just wait. Seriously. They’re pumping out cars now and you want to get exactly what you want and definitely don’t want to mess with aftermarket towing on a $100,000+ car.
Thx - good point on the cutout. My Model Y has a nice cutout for the tow hitch, so I understand the point. Appreciate the insight. It does seem like they are cranking out the inventory now, as long as you don't want the HUD option. Thanks again.
 
My current order includes the towing package, but it seems like few models have this option available. Would it be fine to have a tow hitch added later by a local RV shop? I’ve done this before with a Honda Pilot, and it worked out well. I only need the hitch for a bike rack and don’t plan on towing a trailer.

Does it make sense to skip the towing package and add the hitch afterward?

Lucids have a sculpted battery pack underside that is sealed all the way back to the bumper. No aftermarket installer that I would trust would be willing to tamper with that, as it would be folly on several fronts.

I'm pretty sure it would void the battery pack warranty as the least of your problems. @Ron_Burgundy is right. Wait to get the factory package.
 
My current order includes the towing package, but it seems like few models have this option available. Would it be fine to have a tow hitch added later by a local RV shop? I’ve done this before with a Honda Pilot, and it worked out well. I only need the hitch for a bike rack and don’t plan on towing a trailer.

Does it make sense to skip the towing package and add the hitch afterward?
Info from owner's manual to consider.
Features that come with the tow package.
There's more.
Check out manual.


p. 116

Screenshot 2025-09-29 at 1.42.41 PM.webp




p. 153
Screenshot 2025-09-29 at 1.43.59 PM.webp
 
Random curiosity on the current inventory regarding top range figures. Some models with 20"/21" wheels and the Front and rear Motor show a range of 450 miles. Others with that same configuration show 437 miles. I'm truly not concerned about range and certainly not 13 miles difference but I'm curious what option is causing the difference.
If it's not the wheels and the motor, what is it?
 
Looking closer at images of a brown recluse, I think you're right.
The ones I'm seeing don't have the large, rounded abdomen of a recluse.

Thanks.
False alarm.
Back to your GGTs/GDEs.
I've been really worried about the bugs in the Gravity. Now you tell me I have to worry about both bugs and spiders??? 😂
 
I've been really worried about the bugs in the Gravity. Now you tell me I have to worry about both bugs and spiders??? 😂
Hey, it could be worse...

snakes-why'd-it-have-to-be-snakes-indiana-jones.gif
 
Good thing I never watched "Snakes on a plane"
 
Random curiosity on the current inventory regarding top range figures. Some models with 20"/21" wheels and the Front and rear Motor show a range of 450 miles. Others with that same configuration show 437 miles. I'm truly not concerned about range and certainly not 13 miles difference but I'm curious what option is causing the difference.
If it's not the wheels and the motor, what is it?
5 seats vs 7 seats is the difference. 5 seats is 450.
 
Back
Top