Gravity Delivery Discussion

3.3.2 fixed the screens going black for us. It was a temporary issue with 3.3.1.

Halo works. No idea why your delivery guy was high.

I like where they put the USB stick, precisely because it’s not obvious to steal if the car is ever stolen.
My screens weren’t blank today either.

USB placement issue is mainly an issue because the glove compartment is SO deep. But not too awful as I hope to only access it once.

Perhaps most importantly, my time continues to be correct!🕦
 
But not too awful as I hope to only access it once.
Yeah; you’d only need to access it if: a) the car doesn’t properly load it (an intermittent bug right now), or b) you want to get the videos off.
 
3.3.2 fixed the screens going black for us. It was a temporary issue with 3.3.1.

The car already had 3.3.2 on it. It was 3.3.3 that was waiting to download.

As aggravating as I find all these software bugs, I have learned that Lucid will eventually get around to eliminating most of them, even though they're occasionally replaced with new ones. (I've also had enough experience with Apple, Microsoft, and other software over the years to know that updates often are a two-steps-forward-one-step-backward exercise.)

I've also learned that today's software-everything environment means a constant plague of (mostly minor) annoyances. When the delivery guy called to ask where we were, we were actually hung up at a Tesla Supercharger with the Air. We were charging the car during a food/bathroom break and did not notice that the charging had been interrupted. We had initiated the charge through the Tesla app (in order to get our monthly subscription fee discount), but we could only restart the session via the Lucid app. Also, for some odd reason, the Tesla app would not open on my iPhone unless I first got out of the car. (Fortunately, the rain storm that hit us a half hour later had not yet started.)

There's almost no such thing these days as getting into a car -- especially a Lucid -- for a long drive without experiencing something hinky with the its software or one of the third-party's software.

I like where they put the USB stick, precisely because it’s not obvious to steal if the car is ever stolen.

I like it there, too. But a lot of owners may never know it's there unless they find it in the owner's manual or they are told by their delivery person. Fortunately, as I knew how deep and dark was its location, I had taken a flashlight with me to make it easier to plug in the USB stick. I also took a 6" extension with me (which might work against keeping it well hidden).
 
Ugh. Super annoying day but glad this second one appears to be working far better than the first.

Halo story is crazy. The usb outlet IS in one of the worst positions possible, but it’s there and it should work for you.

It is shocking how little the delivery and most SC folks know. They’ve had at least one Gravity for demos and one sitting in the showroom for months. Feels like a one page doc regarding what folks get/don’t get at delivery would be helpful.

I think Lucid could spend under an hour with anyone delivering a Gravity and they’d be prepared. Disappointing they’re not doing that.

One does wonder what “normal” owners will do if issues occur during/post delivery.
Our delivery advisor spent at least 1/2 hour on helping us set up the car and acct. He then helped me by putting the front plate mount and Titanium bears on the car. We were very pleased after never having that much attention from a Tesla delivery.
 
I have a GT with Power Package that I'm picking up on Monday.
Decided to order an available GGT that had everything except Tech & Tow package in Quantum Grey, Mojave Purluxe, 20" wheels
It appears to be someone else's canceled order from Natick MA - which guarantee it will be delivered in 2 weeks to me
Otherwise my existing In Production Black have no delivery estimate at all - currently at 45 days
What would you do?
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20250927_213247_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20250927_213247_Chrome.webp
    63.4 KB · Views: 126
What is Photo Sync and what brand of PPF is this? Thanks
PhotoSync is window tinting:

It has the highest TSER (Total Solar Energy Rejection) of any window tint. Even their 70% light transmission film is better than most other brand’s higher % films. It’s ideal for windshields and obviously for other areas using the higher percentages . I’ve been using it on all my cars for over 10 years. Great for places like AZ.

They also make great PPF films. I have it on my Lucid Air:
 
I'm curious if anyone has tried to buy an extra fob for their Gravity, and whether Lucid accommodated that? I did a test drive at Millbrae on Friday, and they were firm that a GGT comes with only one fob. I know, I know, PaaK and all that, one is enough, but I guess I'm just old school. And it seems a bit absurd to me that you spend $120,000 on a car and only get one fob. Considering that GDE purchasers are mostly only getting one fob, I'm guessing that they're supply constrained and won't sell you an extra one.
 
Today we accepted delivery of GDE #257. There are only a couple of fit and finish items. So far no rattles, creaks, etc.

We received 2 fobs and 2 key cards, the adapters, mobile charging cable, Bear center caps (21/22 wheels with aero covers installed) and lug nut covers.

We have not yet received the frunk seat or other DE gifts.

HUD: much better than the one in the demo car. No driver-visible blue ovals...but my wife could see some from the passenger side. Much more refined fonts and navigation layouts. No longer any lag in the displayed speed--always matches the cockpit panel display.

Car is on version 3.3.1. They told me the key fobs do have the latest firmware.

We had several of the key not detected false alarms--did not prevent car from driving.

After dinner came out to car with black screens. Took about 3 reboot attempts to get everything back on. Looking forward to v3.3.2.

Very excited to have this beautiful car.

There were 5 Gravitys in the delivery showroom. At least one outside.

The two just behind the front delivery position were a Black and a Quantum Gray, both on 20/21 wheels.

Here's pictures of those two. And some of us with our new ca...spaceship on wheels.
PXL_20250927_223052386.webp
PXL_20250927_223041296.webp
IMG_20250928_022043.webp
IMG_20250928_022105.webp
IMG_20250928_022027.webp
 
Took delivery of a GGT on Saturday. Drives great but recognized two major issues.

Frunk opening was faulty. I have to hit open twice to open it.

Key fob doesn’t work.

They gave me the key cards and the fob in a ziploc bag lol…so much for a 130k car.
 
Our delivery advisor spent at least 1/2 hour on helping us set up the car and acct. He then helped me by putting the front plate mount and Titanium bears on the car. We were very pleased after never having that much attention from a Tesla delivery.

Our delivery advisor also spent quite a bit of time with us and tried to help with everything we asked of him. No issues on that front. He even insisted on installing the canopy sunshades, which is something I was planning to do myself. He said he had never seen them before and wanted to check them out.
 
I'm curious if anyone has tried to buy an extra fob for their Gravity, and whether Lucid accommodated that? I did a test drive at Millbrae on Friday, and they were firm that a GGT comes with only one fob. I know, I know, PaaK and all that, one is enough, but I guess I'm just old school. And it seems a bit absurd to me that you spend $120,000 on a car and only get one fob. Considering that GDE purchasers are mostly only getting one fob, I'm guessing that they're supply constrained and won't sell you an extra one.
Definitely not know, as you mentioned.

Are they available for the Air?

I would expect, at some point, they will do this but it could be 12+ month from now as I don’t think it’s a priority and it will eat up SC team as they need to be paired at SC, if my understanding is correct.
 
3.3.3? Do you have any details about this update? Are you able to access release notes or something?

@Ron_Burgundy posted the details on the 3.3.1 thread. All the release notes say is that it addresses some of the false alerts & warnings people have been getting in their cars. It's only a 10-minute download. No mention of any new features.
 
We received 2 fobs and 2 key cards, the adapters, mobile charging cable, Bear center caps (21/22 wheels with aero covers installed) and lug nut covers.

Our delivery advisor said we would be getting a second fob soon as Lucid now had an adequate supply of them. He did not say why that meant we only got one fob yesterday. I reminded him that we are still owed the second fob for the first GDE that was delivered to us three months ago. He said that Miami has not yet been sent any of the new supply.
 
Took delivery of a GGT on Saturday. Drives great but recognized two major issues.

Frunk opening was faulty. I have to hit open twice to open it.

Key fob doesn’t work.

They gave me the key cards and the fob in a ziploc bag lol…so much for a 130k car.
The fob doesn’t work at all? Did you replace the battery? Does your fob have the new firmware update and 3.3.2 software? What is Lucid doing about it? You’re just using the keycards to drive? And yeah I agree, this is a stupid problem that was supposed have been fixed by Lucid like how many times now? Like the frunk….which I have to tap open twice on my Air to get it open.
 
FWIW my SA txted to let me know I could apply for financing on 9/25. My dashboard still says in production but SA states CGT was completed 9/23. I was able to submit my credit application. On 8/31 I switched to a vehicle already In Production and got a VIN .I am leasing.
Oh really? Mine said they couldn’t generate a purchase agreement until the vehicle had passed PDI and arrived at SC for delivery. That then caused delays because the purchase agreement was wrong 3 times and the lender wouldn’t finalize the loan without a correct purchase agreement. So I’ve had to delay my delivery till some time next week cuz of having to wait for the check from the lender to arrive cuz PenFed is very old school and sends a physical check via FedEx you have to sign. Yeah I saved 0.75% on interest going with them, but wish I’d used BofA because it would have been a lot faster.
 
Anyone have a quick hit list of recent issues/things to check on with SC up on taking delivery.

Things like the key fob update etc
 
Here’s my short list I made.
-confirm brake hold works (return vehicle if any brake hold errors on driving out of studio)

-confirm fob updated and works

-confirm 2nd and 3rd row climate work

-test all window controls and shades

-test all seatbelts and recognition of passenger in seat

-confirm audio working

-Frunk opens without issue?

-Trunk opens without issue?

-Seats fold correctly?

-use Keycard with battery removed from Fob to prove keycard can drive the car if fob fails

-Test all door opens and close correctly from inside and outside.
 
Back
Top