Wow, before August 1st? I got my VIN assigned on August 18th and no ETA since then.Anyone still "In Production" that got their VIN before August 1st?
Wow, before August 1st? I got my VIN assigned on August 18th and no ETA since then.Anyone still "In Production" that got their VIN before August 1st?
FWIW my SA txted to let me know I could apply for financing on 9/25. My dashboard still says in production but SA states CGT was completed 9/23. I was able to submit my credit application. On 8/31 I switched to a vehicle already In Production and got a VIN .I am leasing.August 1st? Mine has been in production since August 22nd and I’m getting less patient each day I couldn’t imagine 21 days more!
Power package is a supply chain issue. So it comes in bursts of production and then goes away. Seems to be getting more consistent though.Yes August 13th, only unique is the Power - but I am noticing available Gravity with that option, not sure what is going on
Or lucky…Ordered on Aug 15th, delivery tomorrow Sept 28th in Scottsdale. Just need to be nice to your SA.
GGT, Aurora Green metallic, stealth, 20/21” wheels. 7 seat, Yosemite, ….
What is Photo Sync and what brand of PPF is this? ThanksProbably, but since it's a lease, I'm not sure about doing the complete wrap PPF. Will do the window tint at least with the PhotoSync.
I sit very high in the car and the hud is a bit low for me… so more of a Head not so low, rather than head up… display… but i do like the info in it… especially the directlions from the Navigator.Have not seen discussions about HUD recently. There is one coming to New Jersey with Tech package. For those who have HUD, are things working? Does it worth the money?
I got mine with the 20” option… maxi range for roadtrips… maxi sidewalls for ride quality.The Dream Editions are available with any of the three tire/wheel options. Our first one has the 21/22" Michelin all-seasons, and our second one has the 22/23" Pirelli summer tires.
I was quoted $2,000 for ppf “chrome” delete.Thinking about just picking up an inventory platinum gravity (at this point I will pay extra to get it sooner…sigh). Anybody know how much chrome delete would cost?
Got it. Was that for just the “chrome” delete portion? Seems pricey but I’ve never done it before so have no idea.I was quoted $2,000 for ppf “chrome” delete.
Yes, just for the parts that are platinum per the website. Seemed high to me but then again, there weren’t any templates at the time so it would’ve been custom and they’re all trim work and need to probably be gently removed to wrap. IDK. Whole car would’ve been $10,200.Got it. Was that for just the “chrome” delete portion? Seems pricey but I’ve never done it before so have no idea.
When I upgrades GT to DE, it originally said 5 or 7 seater, then 5 was removed the next day.Yeah, the Lucid website can throw you some curves. If I remember correctly, the Dream Edition was first offered with the choice of 2 or 3 rows, but the choice was quickly removed. Possibly an error in the first place. Same thing with the Mojave interior, which later disappeared. However, I think the option for all three wheels was there from the get-go on the order configurator. But I'm no longer sure.
Yeah, the Lucid website can throw you some curves. If I remember correctly, the Dream Edition was first offered with the choice of 2 or 3 rows, but the choice was quickly removed. Possibly an error in the first place. Same thing with the Mojave interior, which later disappeared. However, I think the option for all three wheels was there from the get-go on the order configurator. But I'm no longer sure.
My SA asked me if I could forgo Sept 30th and pick up on the 24th. Couldn’t so I’m getting it Tuesday.Bumped mine by 1 week early… got it Wed. Loving it so far!
Getting mt GGT Tuesday and goes for PPF on the front then ceramic coating on the rest. Will take a week.Yes, just for the parts that are platinum per the website. Seemed high to me but then again, there weren’t any templates at the time so it would’ve been custom and they’re all trim work and need to probably be gently removed to wrap. IDK. Whole car would’ve been $10,200.
Ceramic coat is $1,200 so I am doing that to help keep it shiny but couldn’t justify the delete as I am leasing. If I love Gravity in 33 months, I will either buy a new one or buy this one and delete platinum.
Also, while I live in an area with lots of expensive cars, ppf and ceramic coat are not very popular here, so finding really top notch companies to do it is hard. Lots of crappy guys do it.
Ugh. Super annoying day but glad this second one appears to be working far better than the first.We took delivery of our second Gravity Dream Edition today at the Miami Worldcenter.
Scheduling:
The day got off to a rough start. I had received an email on Thursday, September 25, telling me that our scheduled delivery for September 30 had been rescheduled to 9:00 a.m. on September 27 and to call H____ W__, our delivery advisor, if we needed to reschedule. I did so, telling him that a 9:00 a.m appointment meant leaving our house around 6:00 a..m.. He agreed that we could arrive late morning instead. Shortly after 10:00 a.m. I received a call from the employee who was to deliver the car, sounding rather irritated as he informed me we had a 9:00 appointment and asking where we were.
General:
The car (Abyss Black / Yosemite / Large wheels / Dream #268) looked great. The couple of wheel arch trim pieces that were out of alignment on our first Gravity were better aligned on this one.
We were given one key fob, two key cards, and no frunk seat. When I talked to H____ W__ on Thursday, I asked him specifically about whether the second fob and the frunk seat would be with the car. (We still haven't received the second fob for the first GDE we received in late June, but that one did have the frunk seat.) He assured me I would receive both today. One of the Lucid employees argued with me that Gravities only came with one key fob. Finally, the guy delivering our car intervened and confirmed we would be sent a second fob later, as Dreams do receive a second fob. Same for the frunk seat.
I had asked to have the bear fender logos given to me instead of applied to the car. This was done as requested. I had also asked that the car not be charged beyond 80%, as we were not driving it home and it would be trucked to us next week straight to the PPF shop, where it would also not be driven for a while. The battery was charged to 85% when we arrived. Between test driving it a bit in Miami and then setting the climate control to 85º and turning on all the seat heaters via the app as we drove home, I've managed to get the charge down to 80%.
Software:
The car had version 3.3.2 on it. 3.3.1 had yet not been downloaded, although it was showing on the screen as waiting to download. (The delivery guy started the download just as we were leaving, so I have no idea what it actually fixed . . . or what new bugs it might have introduced.)
The major things that had not been working on our first GDE were working on this one: navigation, GPS, HUD. However, there were still issues. We twice got alerts that no key fob was detected, with one of them keeping the car from going into gear. Once when we got into the car the right side of the glass cockpit and the pilot screen stayed black until we got out and got back in. When I was setting up my driver profile I went into the menu to set the units (speed, temperature, tire pressure) to English units, as they were originally showing in metric. The next time I got in the car, they had all reverted back to metric. When I told the delivery guy, he said, "yeah, you have to set those twice before they will take." WTF?
I had ordered the USB sticks for the Halo Secure system that @hydbob recommended and took one with me to be sure the car could read it and the system was functioning. I plugged it in but could find no way to try out the system. I went and got the delivery guy who, it turned out, was not even aware there was a USB port in the glovebox. I had brought a flashlight with me and was able to show it to him. However, he could find no way to activate the feature and told me it was not yet available. I told him that people on this forum were already using some of the features or at least seeing their sticks recognized, and he just shrugged his shoulders.
Conclusion:
It's been almost three months to the day since we took delivery of our first Gravity in Miami. Now, three months later, they still are confused about how many key fobs you get, what features are and are not yet active, where the USB ports are, etc. I wonder how many buyers who are not members of a forum such as this will ever know how their car is actually supposed to work and what features it has. Remember: the Owner's Manual is your friend.
The first delivery in June was an occasion for excitement, albeit short-lived. This one was mostly one of apprehension. I won't know if we've gotten a good car or another dud for a couple of more weeks after the PPF is on it and we can really put it through its paces.
3.3.2 fixed the screens going black for us. It was a temporary issue with 3.3.1.We took delivery of our second Gravity Dream Edition today at the Miami Worldcenter.
Scheduling:
The day got off to a rough start. I had received an email on Thursday, September 25, telling me that our scheduled delivery for September 30 had been rescheduled to 9:00 a.m. on September 27 and to call H____ W__, our delivery advisor, if we needed to reschedule. I did so, telling him that a 9:00 a.m appointment meant leaving our house around 6:00 a..m.. He agreed that we could arrive late morning instead. Shortly after 10:00 a.m. I received a call from the employee who was to deliver the car, sounding rather irritated as he informed me we had a 9:00 appointment and asking where we were.
General:
The car (Abyss Black / Yosemite / Large wheels / Dream #268) looked great. The couple of wheel arch trim pieces that were out of alignment on our first Gravity were better aligned on this one.
We were given one key fob, two key cards, and no frunk seat. When I talked to H____ W__ on Thursday, I asked him specifically about whether the second fob and the frunk seat would be with the car. (We still haven't received the second fob for the first GDE we received in late June, but that one did have the frunk seat.) He assured me I would receive both today. One of the Lucid employees argued with me that Gravities only came with one key fob. Finally, the guy delivering our car intervened and confirmed we would be sent a second fob later, as Dreams do receive a second fob. Same for the frunk seat.
I had asked to have the bear fender logos given to me instead of applied to the car. This was done as requested. I had also asked that the car not be charged beyond 80%, as we were not driving it home and it would be trucked to us next week straight to the PPF shop, where it would also not be driven for a while. The battery was charged to 85% when we arrived. Between test driving it a bit in Miami and then setting the climate control to 85º and turning on all the seat heaters via the app as we drove home, I've managed to get the charge down to 80%.
Software:
The car had version 3.3.2 on it. 3.3.1 had yet not been downloaded, although it was showing on the screen as waiting to download. (The delivery guy started the download just as we were leaving, so I have no idea what it actually fixed . . . or what new bugs it might have introduced.)
The major things that had not been working on our first GDE were working on this one: navigation, GPS, HUD. However, there were still issues. We twice got alerts that no key fob was detected, with one of them keeping the car from going into gear. Once when we got into the car the right side of the glass cockpit and the pilot screen stayed black until we got out and got back in. When I was setting up my driver profile I went into the menu to set the units (speed, temperature, tire pressure) to English units, as they were originally showing in metric. The next time I got in the car, they had all reverted back to metric. When I told the delivery guy, he said, "yeah, you have to set those twice before they will take." WTF?
I had ordered the USB sticks for the Halo Secure system that @hydbob recommended and took one with me to be sure the car could read it and the system was functioning. I plugged it in but could find no way to try out the system. I went and got the delivery guy who, it turned out, was not even aware there was a USB port in the glovebox. I had brought a flashlight with me and was able to show it to him. However, he could find no way to activate the feature and told me it was not yet available. I told him that people on this forum were already using some of the features or at least seeing their sticks recognized, and he just shrugged his shoulders.
Conclusion:
It's been almost three months to the day since we took delivery of our first Gravity in Miami. Now, three months later, they still are confused about how many key fobs you get, what features are and are not yet active, where the USB ports are, etc. I wonder how many buyers who are not members of a forum such as this will ever know how their car is actually supposed to work and what features it has. Remember: the Owner's Manual is your friend.
The first delivery in June was an occasion for excitement, albeit short-lived. This one was mostly one of apprehension. I won't know if we've gotten a good car or another dud for a couple of more weeks after the PPF is on it and we can really put it through its paces.