Gravity Delivery Discussion

My SA told me last week that our GGT ordered 11/7/24 qualifies for the $2k Loyalty Offer and the $7.5k credit towards a lease. Btw, after 318 days of checking, our status just moved to In-Production. Stellar White, Stealth, 20/21 wheels, Yosemite Purluxe, DD2P, surreal sound, 7seat, Std Hand, Conv&Comf, Power Pkg, and Towing. Estimated delivery 4-6 weeks.
 
My SA stated 30-45 days, but some has been completed outside of that timeline depending on part constraints at that time
We picked up an available vehicle in mid-August that was In Production at the time. Our SA thought it had a gate date of August 24, to be ready to leave I guess. But it is still In Production, so its hard to make any guesses at this point.
 
I'm guessing that an "In Production" status with a VIN and "unexpected error" software status means a car has been batched for production, but not actually produced yet. Is there a general consensus on how long it takes from the time the dashboard flips to "In Production" to when the software updates are visible? And how soon delivery is expected after the software updates start appearing? I'm aware that there are variables like shipping waits and PDI. I'm just curious how trackable things are throughout the process.
 
I'm guessing that an "In Production" status with a VIN and "unexpected error" software status means a car has been batched for production, but not actually produced yet. Is there a general consensus on how long it takes from the time the dashboard flips to "In Production" to when the software updates are visible? And how soon delivery is expected after the software updates start appearing? I'm aware that there are variables like shipping waits and PDI. I'm just curious how trackable things are throughout the process.
Unfortunately the dashboard provides limited info & there is no correlation from "In Production" to "PDI"; there is no average or timeline to anticipate delivery
When updated to PDI & your Gravity is delivered the "Software Updates" still populates an "unexpected error"
You can only get specific visibility to your Gravity from your SA
 
My GGT went into production August 22nd and still waiting.
Ours went into production on 8/20. Our SA said at the time that production should take 4-5 weeks and inspection an additional 2 weeks. So, 6-7 weeks plus travel time.
 
Mine is in a weird state where I have a VIN and the dashboard says Preparing for Delivery but also my SA says it doesn't even show a date to be factory gated in the system yet. I know it's been "In Production / Preparing for Delivery" for a couple of weeks already so fingers crossed there is an update in the next couple of weeks.
 
My SA told me last week that our GGT ordered 11/7/24 qualifies for the $2k Loyalty Offer and the $7.5k credit towards a lease. Btw, after 318 days of checking, our status just moved to In-Production. Stellar White, Stealth, 20/21 wheels, Yosemite Purluxe, DD2P, surreal sound, 7seat, Std Hand, Conv&Comf, Power Pkg, and Towing. Estimated delivery 4-6 weeks.
Can you share your SA name and what studio? I was told that it the Loyalty Offer was only for the available inventory on the website. Thank you. If you prefer you can direct message me. Thank you.
My SA told me last week that our GGT ordered 11/7/24 qualifies for the $2k Loyalty Offer and the $7.5k credit towards a lease. Btw, after 318 days of checking, our status just moved to In-Production. Stellar White, Stealth, 20/21 wheels, Yosemite Purluxe, DD2P, surreal sound, 7seat, Std Hand, Conv&Comf, Power Pkg, and Towing. Estimated delivery 4-6 weeks.
 
My SA stated 30-45 days, but some has been completed outside of that timeline depending on part constraints at that time

mine (GDE) went into production more than a week prior to that and it's also still "in production"

I'm guessing that an "In Production" status with a VIN and "unexpected error" software status means a car has been batched for production, but not actually produced yet.

This is incorrect. The "unexpected error" message usually occurs pretty much right up until delivery of the Gravity. It does NOT mean the car hasn't been built yet.

When my car went into production in mid-August, I was sure it'd be part of an end-of-quarter push, but it appears that will be yet another deadline blowing past the Gravity "ramp".
 
Taking a trip thru Europe right now, happened by a Lucid studio in Zurich. Was really surprised to see a Gravity on display there.

Interestingly, saw a BYD showroom there too.
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20250922_115444330.webp
    PXL_20250922_115444330.webp
    2.5 MB · Views: 141
  • PXL_20250922_163624267.webp
    PXL_20250922_163624267.webp
    941.8 KB · Views: 159
Back
Top