Gravity Bugs / Issues

I’m not seeing an option to do a poll, but I’m curious for those who have taken deliver of their Gravity:
Have issues gotten markedly worse over time, or stayed about the same and you’re just losing patience with them not being addressed?

I too spent many years as a software engineer, and after running a software company for 20 years there’s an unfortunate reality when it comes to customer reviews: people are much more likely to take the time to write a review when things go wrong. If everything is working as expected, they are less likely to be seeking out forums to find answers. So, while I have no doubt all the posts here are legit, I would love a better picture of how many total Gravities have been delivered, and what percentage of users are having issues. Is it 100%? 50%? 10%?
 
I’m not seeing an option to do a poll, but I’m curious for those who have taken deliver of their Gravity:
Have issues gotten markedly worse over time, or stayed about the same and you’re just losing patience with them not being addressed?

I too spent many years as a software engineer, and after running a software company for 20 years there’s an unfortunate reality when it comes to customer reviews: people are much more likely to take the time to write a review when things go wrong. If everything is working as expected, they are less likely to be seeking out forums to find answers. So, while I have no doubt all the posts here are legit, I would love a better picture of how many total Gravities have been delivered, and what percentage of users are having issues. Is it 100%? 50%? 10%?
The answer to this question is a bit tricky but I can answer it from my personal experience in addition to what I've gathered from here:

For reference I took delivery of my DE on Jun 26th (in the first handful of them that were delivered). When I first got the car, the biggest issue I had was a connectivity issue requiring me to reboot or switch profiles back and forth EVERY TIME I got in the car which was fixed after the first software update that happened about a week or two after I took delivery.

I *knock on wood* have not been plagued by key issues like others on here....though I may be using my keyfob in a simpler, more consistent way (based on my preference of how I like to use the key) which may be contributing to my luck on that. I have had 2 brief, self resolving instances of "keyfob not detected" and I haven't had any of those in the last 3 months or so. So, those two things have moved in the correct direction along with a marked reduction in erroneous "wireless charging unavailable/headlight error" messages that I used to see with occasional frequency when I first got the car. Those messages along with the occasional random airbag light seem to have been essentially fixed. Nothing truly mechanical or catastrophic that prevented me from getting from point A to B on my drive. As far as I know, the only "mechanical" issue my car has is the 2nd row squeak which I had for 1 day until I moved the seat into a position that prevents it. I haven't had it since but I'm sure I can move the seats around to get it to return--I've opted to not have it fixed yet until Lucid pinpoints it and has a simple fix (currently, the service guy said he'd be instructed to replace the entire rear seat unit--likely with another one having the same issue).

That being said, the most recent 2 updates in an attempt to fix the keyfob issues and erroneous error messages seems to have introduced the black screen issue which is certainly an annoyance that can delay my departure out of the parking space... The latest update seems to have decreased the frequency of this to about 1/10 car starts and lasts about 15-20 seconds. I also occasionally have the disappearing graphic that displays the artist/song/SXM station next to the speedometer that others have reported. This did not happen when I first got the car. I also continue to have the issue where the ambient lighting color seems to revert to white (though this happens less often now than when I first got it).

So, overall, I'd say the software updates follow the mantra of "two steps forward, one step back". I do have faith that things will continue to get better over time.
As for how many people are having issues... that's very hard to say as the sample size here seems to be pretty small compared to the number of deliveries reported by Lucid. I do suspect that things like the erroneous error messages and black screens are probably happening in most (if not all) vehicles if it's an issue inherent to the software. The keyfob issue is a little bit more questionable as to how widespread it is. I suspect it's fairly widespread given the public acknowledgment and "rush" to fix it...but that may be due to some hardware issues that may only plague some of the vehicles. There's definitely a wide range of keyfob problems/successes here on this forum.

Some of the other issues that people seem to have such as window issues, GPS problems, camera malfunctions I think seem to be even less widespread and specific to back luck with certain vehicles.

At the end of the day, the issues I have are pretty minor software gremlins and I do not regret the purchase of the car at all! Hopefully my luck with the car is the majority situation with most deliveries rather than the handful of horror stories you'll see on this thread. My condolences to hmp10--I think he needs to stay inside during any lighting storms given his luck!
 
I’m not seeing an option to do a poll, but I’m curious for those who have taken deliver of their Gravity:
Have issues gotten markedly worse over time, or stayed about the same and you’re just losing patience with them not being addressed?

I too spent many years as a software engineer, and after running a software company for 20 years there’s an unfortunate reality when it comes to customer reviews: people are much more likely to take the time to write a review when things go wrong. If everything is working as expected, they are less likely to be seeking out forums to find answers. So, while I have no doubt all the posts here are legit, I would love a better picture of how many total Gravities have been delivered, and what percentage of users are having issues. Is it 100%? 50%? 10%?
So I've had my Gravity for only about a month. I'd say that there should be at least 200–300 DE trims delivered (just based off of the sequence counts), and hopefully 2–3× of the GTs delivered with some multiple of that being shown in those drone fly-bys at the AZ factory.

As you say, the dozen, 2 dozen people reporting errors here are likely more anec-data, in accordance to what we see with complaints about software. When things are working well, you don't tend to seek out forums or giant bug threads. My own experience has been pretty mixed; I wouldn't say that the random erroneous notifications have gone up or down, and so far I've been able to handle the more fundamental showstoppers with the straightforward tips here: soft reset the infotainment, pull out the fob battery, wait 20 sec. for it to load back up (though with 3.3.5 it seems to be going more quickly) or go away with the next drive.

In a way, I'm actually more optimistic that there are widespread, well-reported issues. When you're debugging, the absolute worst bugs are the one-off client errors that only show up some of the time, like a bad race condition on a custom configuration on-prem solution. When a dozen people are reporting the same issues, that's a lot of data and correlation that can be pulled to identify and fix the root cause, which is what Lucid is doing.
 
Man, I’m guessing this MAY have been suggested to you, but after market modification can introduce gremlins. I did see the pic you posted of the entire front end of your Gravity off to install radar/laser jammer. Now I PROMISE I am not victim blaming, your cars are still majorly busted, but the amount of anomalies you’re experiencing are beyond what literally any other owner I know has had. I’ve had behind the scenes conversations with Lucid engineers and given they BARELY have a handle on the nuances of Gravity tech and assembly and disassembly, I have just the slightest suspicion that taking the car apart to hide a radar detector on both cars could have scrambled things on both cars. Again on stable cars this may not break things, but on a gen 1 car adding this variable to the chaos soup may have complicated things. I just stuck my Uniden R8 in front of the A pillar and ran RJ11 to USBC in the center console, and my car has been more stable than my Air was in 2022 with V1. Knock on wood (aka Tahoe wood trim) but aside from keycard fail my car just works. 🤷‍♂️ But I still remember what after market audio installl could do to break pillar airbags due to custom heat sensitive retention clips, and I can’t help but think that anybody who’s not a Lucid employee who’s willing to take apart the car is VERY brave.
Yeah have to second this. Taking apart a g1 car is bold.
 
I feel like I may be making a really bad decision, like getting into a relationship with a girl I know I really shouldn't.... but can't resist....

oh man, this is ME!..wanting to place my order hoping as I trudge through these threads to see some glimmer of hope that things are being addressed, getting worked out..
But dang, I keep reading posts from longtime loyal Lucid customers that things are not going well with the software in this vehicle. She's got issues!!
And yet I SOOOOO want the car. She's NOT out of my league, she's NOT! 🤪 though she'd EASILY be the nicest car I've ever owned...and the fastest.
Test drove her twice to confirm she's a rocket, and super comfy inside for my wife on longer drives (Tahoe is 4 1/2hrs from the coast).
Measured the back multiple ways to make certain she actually holds four full grown dudes and all their surfboards or can be shoved full of camping gear or skis and drives/handles like my wife's Taycan if not better...but knowing she has a personality disorder (the car, not my wife!) and that, despite her beauty, would bring a world of hurt or regret....decisions, decisions. I want to pull the rigger on this purchase but I'm being given serious pause trying to stave off doubt 😫
 
Both Gravities had 3.3.5 downloaded last week.
3.3.5 does not fix the keyfob issues alone, without the keyfob update from the SC.

And with the car already powered up, why would a failure to recognize the key fob shut everything down? We've had failures to recognize before in both cars, causing it not to go into gear, but nothing like this ever happened.
I don't know. It was a guess. I have no data and was simply surmising, because the symptoms otherwise make sense. If it thought there was no key, and that the car was uninhabited (the weight sensor didn't go off, you hadn't fully sat down, who knows), all the other symptoms flow from it.

Not always easy to do when not at home or with other people in tow.
Totally agreed. Wasn't suggesting you shouldn't had to. Just suggesting it might have fixed it.

Consider all the things that happened more or less simultaneously:

- screens going black
If you're not in the car (or the car thinks you're not) and/or have no key, they'd do that.

- doors not opening electronically but windows still working
If you're not in the car (or the car thinks you're not) and/or have no key; they can do that. You can remotely open them too from the app.

- then windows subsequently freezing
This was either a seal issue (if it's still happening), or something weird, but my guess is seal.

- horn blasting when you exit the car
If you're not in the car (or the car thinks you're not) and/or have no key

- first ever occurrence of window failing to stay closed.
Seal issue above. The symptom, if you can repeat it, if it is the seals, is: you try to close an open window, and it goes up, then comes back down to about halfway. It will do that three times, and on the third (or fourth, I can't remember) time, it will not go up automatically, but you can hold the button to go up and it will close. Alternately, if you open the door it will close on the first time.

If that isn't the case, my guess is wrong.

Frankly, I no longer give a shit what causes what and what workarounds cure what. I don't care if it's hardware. I don't care if it's software. I don't care if it's because our car is a one-off lemon (or a two-off in our current case). I'm just sick and tired of these Gravities throwing curve ball after curve ball at me as the Air did for the first ten months. As a habitual automotive early adopter I've had a few experiences close to this with one car from a brand, and I've cultivated a lot of patience. But I've never seen this with three cars.
That's a separate issue. I'm curious what went wrong. I'm not suggesting knowing what went wrong should make you feel better about your experiences, just because it satisfies my curiosity.

I've noticed something interesting on the forum for some time now. When I began reporting the issues with our first Gravity, there were several posters who said more or less, "hey, sorry, but my Gravity is just fine, functioning perfectly . . . ." Yet in looking over their other posts I have found either things to the effect of "well, I did have that problem" or "mine is beginning to do this, too", or "I have found that if you do x (reboot, remove and reinsert the fob battery while holding some button, put one seat x inches ahead of the other, get away from the car and cool your heels while the car goes through a sleep cycle, let the window up and down three times and then open to door while pressing the window, forgo this or that feature, pat your head while dancing on your left foot and spinning three times, etc.), the problem will go away."
I've had three issues:
1. Key fob unrecognized, which the battery reset fixes; since 3.3.2, this has exclusively been errant error messages but no inability to go into gear, and no need to reset the fob at all (for us). An errant 'key fob not found' message without any actual 'getting in my way' does not bother me, and will be fixed, so meh.
2. My second row squeaked, so I moved the seat and it stopped squeaking; it's on an eventual due bill.
3. The black screen issues happened, but only when you got in the car and waited 20-60 seconds. This was the 'fresh boot' thing, and it happened once every few days for a few weeks, but only at the outset. Once the car booted, no issues. And it hasn't happened in a long time.

That's it. So you're right; not technically flawless, but effectively flawless.

I suspect there are more like mine than there are like yours, but I don't have the numbers.

And even if that's true, I am still sad there are any like yours, and that that number is higher than I wish it were, even if it ends up being small (if we ever know).
 
I finally cooled down enough to venture back onto the forum, only to find this.

Maybe you missed post #2,551 on this thread:



The only thing I've had done to the black Gravity that went haywire today was having it wrapped with PPF. And the radar installation had nothing to do with the first Gravity's distorted HUD screen, seats rattling, frozen navigation system, non-functioning GPS, key fob failures -- all of which were present upon delivery -- or with its failed drive unit. In fact, the only software that has worked consistently in the car has been the software in the radar detector system those guys installed.

I've noticed something interesting on the forum for some time now. When I began reporting the issues with our first Gravity, there were several posters who said more or less, "hey, sorry, but my Gravity is just fine, functioning perfectly . . . ." Yet in looking over their other posts I have found either things to the effect of "well, I did have that problem" or "mine is beginning to do this, too", or "I have found that if you do x (reboot, remove and reinsert the fob battery while holding some button, put one seat x inches ahead of the other, get away from the car and cool your heels while the car goes through a sleep cycle, let the window up and down three times and then open to door while pressing the window, forgo this or that feature, pat your head while dancing on your left foot and spinning three times, etc.), the problem will go away."

Rationalize and blame owners or third parties all you want, but the fact remains that the Gravity's user software is a stinking hot mess, and a lot of owners (and now some reviewers) are finding it out.
Yeah sorry I did miss that post in this long thread that your second Gravity had not been disassembled. And you’re right some problems cannot be explained away by electrical voodoo. If anything you’ve inadvertently created a case-control experiment and shown that the new Gravity are potentially screwed up also. The window issue you had in particular should be a “never” event, as it could lead to severe water damage if it happens during a typical Florida thunderstorm. The one thing this all seems to point to is the vehicle software doesn’t seem to accurately recognize many things about the status of the car at a given time which then leads to operating malfunctions, like key present but can’t drive, windows go back down when you try to raise them, seat lies flat on approach instead of easy entry position, cameras staying on or freezing an image after signal turned off. It’s like the “verification” step parts of code keep getting dropped. In any case sorry for all these stupid problems, it’s so weird as it’s like you got at least one, possibly two 2025 Volvo EX90s and some of us got a Gravity/V1 Air software chimera, and a few of us somehow just managed to get the car we expected. The inconsistency is what makes me think they truly don’t know how to correctly build or program what they’ve designed and their suppliers cannot handle Lucid’s cutting edge needs either, so there’s this post production scramble to figure out how to make the car work, overburdening service and customers alike. That’s especially unfortunate as their brand awareness is so much bigger this time around thanks to excellent advertising and customer relations presence, so now LOTS of people are getting to peek behind the curtain and see all the ways the car is acting up.
 
I’m not seeing an option to do a poll, but I’m curious for those who have taken deliver of their Gravity:
Have issues gotten markedly worse over time, or stayed about the same and you’re just losing patience with them not being addressed?

I too spent many years as a software engineer, and after running a software company for 20 years there’s an unfortunate reality when it comes to customer reviews: people are much more likely to take the time to write a review when things go wrong. If everything is working as expected, they are less likely to be seeking out forums to find answers. So, while I have no doubt all the posts here are legit, I would love a better picture of how many total Gravities have been delivered, and what percentage of users are having issues. Is it 100%? 50%? 10%?
Count me along with @DrZorro and @borski that I also have a car functioning basically as expected in this stage of the game, although I think we can all agree the software shouldn’t be this glitchy 10 months into delivery, but the wrinkle are getting ironed out. My only real problem which hasn’t caused a problem yet is failure of the keycards to drive the vehicle but I thankfully have two flawless fobs. Knowing of a handful of RDU failures is concerning but also seems to be the exception rather than the rule. 🤷‍♂️
 
I’m not seeing an option to do a poll, but I’m curious for those who have taken deliver of their Gravity:
Have issues gotten markedly worse over time, or stayed about the same and you’re just losing patience with them not being addressed?

I too spent many years as a software engineer, and after running a software company for 20 years there’s an unfortunate reality when it comes to customer reviews: people are much more likely to take the time to write a review when things go wrong. If everything is working as expected, they are less likely to be seeking out forums to find answers. So, while I have no doubt all the posts here are legit, I would love a better picture of how many total Gravities have been delivered, and what percentage of users are having issues. Is it 100%? 50%? 10%?
Others, and myself, have said it before but I'll say it again. You are looking at the thread in which the purpose is to call out bugs and issues, if you are experiencing them. This is the place for doom and gloom. So that's what you will see.

That said, yes, several of us have had issues and the software in the car is definitely in need of all around improvement. For many, the previous update made things worse. That was my experience. I wasn't having key issues anymore and no black screens. So far, the latest update has been better tho.

Feel free to make whatever choice you want for your purpose, I personally wouldn't make it based off a thread like this. Every car forum has one. Good luck!
 
I chose to wait a bit on Gravity. It doesn't cost me anything, and I no longer worry about it.

Also, until Gravity has Android Auto so that I can navigate, it would be a step backward.
 
I’ll chime in as another GT owner from early August with essentially a flawless experience. One minor issue with drivers side mirror not automatically unfolding first thing in the morning and requires a manual push to unfold.

I’m still on 3.2.2 - same software from delivery. It’s working great, I’ll let newer versions bake fully before rolling the dice. 😛
 
If it thought there was no key, and that the car was uninhabited (the weight sensor didn't go off, you hadn't fully sat down, who knows), all the other symptoms flow from it.

I'm going to reply to a couple of your points, not to be argumentative (I really do value your opinions), but in case someone at Lucid is watching this discussion so that they can better understand how this event unfolded and identify its cause(s).

The car unlocked automatically as I approached with the key fob in my pocket. It powered up as I was getting into the car, firing up all the screens, starting the A/C and the music I had been playing from my USB stick. I was squarely in the driver seat and took a moment to pull up another album from the USB stick. I then put my foot on the brake pedal to move the seat into position and put the car in gear. The instant I touched the brake pedal, the screens went black, and the A/C and music shut off. And they stayed shut down for over 20 minutes while I tried reboots, tried getting first Lucid central on the phone and then the Miami SC and then our mobile tech multiple times, and then finally calling my partner to come get me.

This was either a [window] seal issue (if it's still happening), or something weird, but my guess is seal.

I do not think it was a seal issue, at least at this stage. As I began to get hot while trying to do the reboots and call Lucid, I hit both front window switches simultaneously. Both windows lowered normally. When my partner arrived to pick me up, as I prepared to leave the car I tried to close the windows. Both windows were frozen in the fully-lowered position. After several more tries, the driver window finally raised about an inch and froze in that position. The passenger window didn't respond at all. As neither window was approaching the top of the door frame or even moving at all, I really don't think this was a seal issue.

However, after the car came back to life and I finally got both windows to go up and drove off, the passenger window dropped down about 1/3 of the way. That, I suppose, could have been because it had not properly sealed. And maybe, when it finally stayed up with repeated attempts while I was driving, the window finally seated correctly in the seal.
 
I’m not seeing an option to do a poll, but I’m curious for those who have taken deliver of their Gravity:
Have issues gotten markedly worse over time, or stayed about the same and you’re just losing patience with them not being addressed?

I too spent many years as a software engineer, and after running a software company for 20 years there’s an unfortunate reality when it comes to customer reviews: people are much more likely to take the time to write a review when things go wrong. If everything is working as expected, they are less likely to be seeking out forums to find answers. So, while I have no doubt all the posts here are legit, I would love a better picture of how many total Gravities have been delivered, and what percentage of users are having issues. Is it 100%? 50%? 10%?
I took delivery of my GGT on 9/20 so I've had it for basically a month. My "major" issue is that the key card and wireless charging stopped working shortly after taking delivery. It is in service right now getting the center console tray replaced (they are now replacing just the tray with the pinched wire rather than the entire center console). I dropped it off yesterday for service, they gave me an Air GT as a loaner, and they think I should have it back sometime today.

Other than the known pinched wire issue which they tell me has now fixed in production, I have not had any of the other significant issues people have mentioned on this forum -no window issues, no RDU issues, no 2nd row squeak issues, no key fob not being recognized such that the GGT won't go into drive issues, etc. I have had the random error messages, but those have decreased with each software update. I installed 3.3.5 right away and have not gotten any key not detected messages (or any other error messages) since installing 3.3.5. The service folks are updating my fob firmware with this service visit and I will test it to see if I notice any difference after the fob update.

For those of you who live far away from a service center as I do, my experience has been positive. I live in Minneapolis area and the closest service center is in Chicago. I dealt with the folks in Chicago to schedule the service with the mobile service tech who is based out of Minneapolis. We have both the mobile service tech and a Lucid certified body shop in the Minneapolis area. The mobile service tech has two loaners for folks who are getting their vehicles serviced - the Air GT I currently am using and, I'm assuming, another Air, but I am not sure. Overall, the experience has been positive and the mobile tech was super nice and excited to get to spend time with the Gravity as, apparently, there are currently only two Gravities in the Twin Cities area. Unlike other folks who seem to live in areas with more Lucids, my mobile service tech seems less busy and I think the one day turn around on replacing the console is quick. It did take about 2 weeks to get the part in, but I think some of that delay was due to Lucid changing the repair from replacing the entire center console to just the tray and I told the service folks that, as my key fob was working fine, there was no rush on the repair. Once the part was in, I was able to get an appointment within one week. Perhaps it is because I have a generally good example of the Gravity, I do not have any regrets getting the Gravity despite being so far from the nearest service center. Even so, when someone who is in the market for a new 3-row SUV asked me about the Gravity, I told him to hold off 6-12 months to let it mature a bit as he is less "techie" than I am and would be less tolerate of software and hardware bugs. I am looking forward to when I can recommend the Gravity without hesitation to anyone who asks.
 
Others, and myself, have said it before but I'll say it again. You are looking at the thread in which the purpose is to call out bugs and issues, if you are experiencing them. This is the place for doom and gloom. So that's what you will see.

That said, yes, several of us have had issues and the software in the car is definitely in need of all around improvement. For many, the previous update made things worse. That was my experience. I wasn't having key issues anymore and no black screens. So far, the latest update has been better tho.

Feel free to make whatever choice you want for your purpose, I personally wouldn't make it based off a thread like this. Every car forum has one. Good luck!
I am still waiting for my GGT to arrive , but I agree this forum thread is going to be sobering unless you remind yourself of why it’s here.

As a gen1 EV, it will have issues similar to ones that other major EV companies have had in the first 1-2 years of production.

I owned a Model S that was one of the first 500 cars off the Fremont line in 2012. The motor and entire battery (!) had to be replaced - separately - in the first 3 month span of ownership. I was also frustrated and concerned about my decision. Lots of black screens, random system resets , door handles not presenting themselves, key fobs dying or not working, mirror and infotainment issues.

But Tesla was able to iron out the problems within 6-7 months and it became the best car i had ever owned to date. Kept it for 5 years and eventually got 2 more Model S cars after that.

Btw, our current Model X (2020 model) just had its battery fail and it was replaced. So they’re still having major issues with their cars, just less often.

This is a tough teething period with the software to say the least, but I have confidence they will fix these issues imminently. The biggest issue I am reading is the lack of communication from service teams. This needs to improve and I hope they can make major strides here. Tesla struggled with scaling their service experience a LOT. It’s still not amazing but much better now. Lucid needs to do better here.
 
go. I dealt with the folks in Chicago to schedule the service with the mobile service tech who is based out of Minneapolis.
Not to hijack the thread but having service techs in cities hundreds of miles from a service center is new to me. Does Lucid publish which cities have these? Sounds like a great idea. Being far away from support is still a bit concerning.

I almost pulled the trigger a week ago when a GGT came up.on the available list close to my spec including tech package. But I passed primarily due to these bugs. Even if only 1% have significant failures, that's too many and will wait on future fixes before ordering. Personally I don't mind workarounds like removing the fob battery, taking a short walk to let the car sleep, reboot, change profiles, or dance like a chicken - but I can't afford to have my wife deal with those. Of course if the fixes go on too long another new, shiny object might get my attention instead.

If anything, Tesla has taught me that you cannot buy a car based on manufacturer's assurance it will do or fix something in the future. WYSIWYG.
 
Yeah have to second this. Taking apart a g1 car is bold.

Apologist nonsense. As a car nut, I have been a buyer of first-generation cars for most of my life, and since the 1990's I have been having radar detectors hard-installed in them with nary a problem. This includes three EVs: a 2021 Model S Plaid and two 2022 Lucid Air Dreams.

The photos I posted of the Gravity opened up by the installer might have looked horrifying, but it was really nothing more than removing the frunk liner and the rearview mirror to gain access for wiring runs between the radar and laser sensors and the radar control unit. (I posted those photos simply because I thought other owners might like to see what was behind the curtains.) Other than a single power pickup off the dome lights near the rearview mirror, there was absolutely no interface between the radar system and the car's electronics. The radar system even uses its own speaker instead of running through the car audio.

The notion that the Gravity is too fragile to handle a radar installation does very little to increase confidence in the car.
 
Not to hijack the thread but having service techs in cities hundreds of miles from a service center is new to me. Does Lucid publish which cities have these? Sounds like a great idea. Being far away from support is still a bit concerning.

I almost pulled the trigger a week ago when a GGT came up.on the available list close to my spec including tech package. But I passed primarily due to these bugs. Even if only 1% have significant failures, that's too many and will wait on future fixes before ordering. Personally I don't mind workarounds like removing the fob battery, taking a short walk to let the car sleep, reboot, change profiles, or dance like a chicken - but I can't afford to have my wife deal with those. Of course if the fixes go on too long another new, shiny object might get my attention instead.

If anything, Tesla has taught me that you cannot buy a car based on manufacturer's assurance it will do or fix something in the future. WYSIWYG.
Yes, if you go onto the main Lucid website and look at locations, you'll see where there are mobile service hubs. For example, if you look in Texas, outside of the service center in Houston, there are mobile service hubs in Austin and in Dallas. Plenty of other places also have mobile service hubs, like Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, and Minneapolis (to name a few).
 
Apologist nonsense. As a car nut, I have been a buyer of first-generation cars for most of my life, and since the 1990's I have been having radar detectors hard-installed in them with nary a problem. This includes three EVs: a 2021 Model S Plaid and two 2022 Lucid Air Dreams.

The photos I posted of the Gravity opened up by the installer might have looked horrifying, but it was really nothing more than removing the frunk liner and the rearview mirror to gain access for wiring runs between the radar and laser sensors and the radar control unit. (I posted those photos simply because I thought other owners might like to see what was behind the curtains.) Other than a single power pickup off the dome lights near the rearview mirror, there was absolutely no interface between the radar system and the car's electronics. The radar system even uses its own speaker instead of running through the car audio.

The notion that the Gravity is too fragile to handle a radar installation does very little to increase confidence in the car.
Please, we do not mean to attack you or anything of the sort. We are just asking questions. No one has reported a Gravity with as many issues as your first one, so we are doing our own little investigations in here to see why. I'm sure others are considering things like radar instalation and the valuable info you have provided may help them in their decision. Maybe you got just an absolute lemon of a car, maybe it was a combo of things, we just can't know. We can wonder and speculate. It's a very new platform from a new automaker and we just don't know what the gotchas can be yet. Someone is always going to be first to push the boundaries and try new things on a car and inevitably someone will find something that pushes too far. We are WONDERING if maybe unintentionally of course, if something went wrong. That is all. We have been on your side and comisserated the craziness you have been put thru since day 1. I think most of us would have walked away long ago and not endured and picked up the 2nd car. You've been a trooper but it does seem even your generous patience is about done and we don't blame you at all.
 
Not to hijack the thread but having service techs in cities hundreds of miles from a service center is new to me. Does Lucid publish which cities have these? Sounds like a great idea. Being far away from support is still a bit concerning.

I'm not in the best mood about Lucid just now, but I will likely come around as they continue to slog through the Gravity launch problems as I eventually did with our Air Dream.

But I can tell you that service over the past four years has not been among my gripes, even though we live well over a hundred miles from the two Service Centers in our state.

Mobile techs are trained and equipped to handle the great majority of service calls, which tend to be fairly minor issues. They have local storage units stocked with the most frequently-needed parts and usually show up for a service visit with a needed part already in hand if they have been told the problem beforehand. And our mobile tech has given us his cell phone number so that he can handle some things without our having to go through Lucid Customer Care scheduling.

For more major warranty work requiring a Service Center visit, if you don't live near one Lucid takes care of picking and and returning the car to your home, leaving you with a loaner if needed.

I can't give any advice on whether you should get a Gravity just yet, but I feel comfortable saying don't let service be a concern. It's not always perfect, but it's at least as good as -- and usually better than -- my service experience over the years with the likes of Mercedes, Audis, and other premium cars.
 
Back
Top