Gravity at Tysons Corner Studio

segbrk

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
A gorgeous silver Gravity is visiting!

It's in the Tysons Corner Studio (not the service center, where I mistakenly showed up first!) now until May 30th. Roped off as usual, but you can still get a good view, and James was kind enough to open all kinds of doors and fiddle with things for me.

View attachment 20638
View attachment 20639
View attachment 20640
View attachment 20641
Tyson’s corner studio also have the Sapphire on display. I was totally shocked this past weekend that it was not behind the ropes…..and kids, mall shoppers and everyone else were just abusing it……in and out taking pics.

Rumor is the Sapphire is moving out tonight. It was still there when I visited, but I don't think it will be tomorrow. But yeah, I was also surprised it was just open to all, with rowdy teens cranking its steering wheel while I was there.

Rumor is the Sapphire is moving out tonight. It was still there when I visited, but I don't think it will be tomorrow. But yeah, I was also surprised it was just open to all, with rowdy teens cranking its steering wheel while I was there.
Exactly! It was a total joke and a big disappointment

Let’s hope the reservation gates open soon.

Let’s hope the reservation gates open soon.
This is the most confusing thing to me since the beginning of the rollout. If Gravity is really on track for late 2024, then shouldn't reservations open up now? And when will more info be released about the various trims?

Never a great sight…..When you see rowdy teens and non auto enthusiasts throwing up all over a masterpiece :(

Pretty sure that VIN needs to be deep cleaned and lots of swirls and interior defects fixed.

Never a great sight…..When you see rowdy teens and non auto enthusiasts throwing up all over a masterpiece :(

Pretty sure that VIN needs to be deep cleaned and lots of swirls and interior defects fixed.
I would argue that is how auto enthusiasts get started, but that's just me =)

I would argue that is how auto enthusiasts get started, but that's just me =)
Cough cough

(but seriously, that sounds like what i did… when i was 6 in a honda dealership. teens really shouldnt be treating the car like that! for reference, i got hooked as a 3 year old when my parents used to walk me down the street to the stop sign and let me just stand and watch the main street. about a year later, i think me calling out the make and model of every single passing car got on their nerves 🤣)

Last edited:

That second photo is the clearest one I've seen yet of how Lucid positioned the upper battery tier under the leading edge of the front seat in order to create more toe room in the second row. And the fourth photo really brings home how nice the leg drop will be in the second rose.

Good shots. And Lucid really seems to have done their homework on this interior layout. Of course, coming off the Air, who would have expected otherwise?

I'm just hoping the steering squircle works out better than the Tesla yoke. (We finally got ours swapped out for a proper wheel, and it's astonishing how much it improved the driving experience in that car.)

That second photo is the clearest one I've seen yet of how Lucid positioned the upper battery tier under the leading edge of the front seat in order to create more toe room in the second row. And the fourth photo really brings home how nice the leg drop will be in the second rose.

Good shots. And Lucid really seems to have done their homework on this interior layout. Of course, coming off the Air, who would have expected otherwise?

I'm just hoping the steering squircle works out better than the Tesla yoke. (We finally got ours swapped out for a proper wheel, and it's astonishing how much it improved the driving experience in that car.)
You’re right, as the pictures were very clear. The Gravity does seem to be packaged marvelously well, especially regarding the cargo space and the third row. I do have a couple of very specific questions I would like answered:

Compared to the Air, is the distance between the edge of the 2nd row seat and the seatback of the 1st more or less? And by how much?

Will the captains chairs shown during the Gravity tease be available at launch with all trims? And will they have ventilation/possibly massaging functions? (with our new car, the recliners with the leg-rest are genuinely useful for sleeping on long road trips. It's not just a gimmick!)

Is there any space underneath the front seat, and how big is it? Is there any space under the 2nd row seat for third row passengers?

What will be available to view on the rear screen?

Not very likely that all these questions will be answered, but one can hope. There's a lot of other questions I have, but I held off on posting them because I'm sure the detailed specs for those questions will be released with the advent of reservations opening. Almost every aspect of the Gravity is shaping up to be perfect, but as seen above, the second row is the only concern left!

You’re right, as the pictures were very clear. The Gravity does seem to be packaged marvelously well, especially regarding the cargo space and the third row. I do have a couple of very specific questions I would like answered:

Compared to the Air, is the distance between the edge of the 2nd row seat and the seatback of the 1st more or less? And by how much?

Will the captains chairs shown during the Gravity tease be available at launch with all trims? And will they have ventilation/possibly massaging functions? (with our new car, the recliners with the leg-rest are genuinely useful for sleeping on long road trips. It's not just a gimmick!)

Is there any space underneath the front seat, and how big is it? Is there any space under the 2nd row seat for third row passengers?

What will be available to view on the rear screen?

Not very likely that all these questions will be answered, but one can hope. There's a lot of other questions I have, but I held off on posting them because I'm sure the detailed specs for those questions will be released with the advent of reservations opening. Almost every aspect of the Gravity is shaping up to be perfect, but as seen above, the second row is the only concern left!
I don't know if it's accurate, but Lucid's website (under Events) says a Gravity is at the Short Hills, NJ studio May 1-16. Last day tomorrow. You may be able to take a look? I'd call and ask first to confirm.
I'm fairly sure I'll be seeing the prototype again within the next month, so I'll poke my head (and camera) around a bit more pointedly next time.

I don't know if it's accurate, but Lucid's website (under Events) says a Gravity is at the Short Hills, NJ studio May 1-16. Last day tomorrow. You may be able to take a look? I'd call and ask first to confirm.
I'm fairly sure I'll be seeing the prototype again within the next month, so I'll poke my head (and camera) around a bit more pointedly next time.
Wait a second.. aren't there only two Gravity prototypes in existence being paraded around (the green GT and the silver DE)? I've checked the website, and you do seem to be right; just strange that they made more than one. Perhaps it is preparation for eventually letting people sit in it. Thank you for the heads-up, though.

We would be able to see the exterior design well (which we already love), but seeing as to how I likely can't sit in it, I don't think any of my questions will be answered (they pertain to sitting in the car, which I doubt they would let my parents do, let alone me).

Last I've heard is that the Gravity prototypes would be available to sit in sometime in the middle of this year. When that does happen, we will be going down there as soon as possible, as that will mostly answer all of our questions (other than the trim structure and the captains chairs, which I hope are answered by the reservation time).

Wait a second.. aren't there only two Gravity prototypes in existence being paraded around (the green GT and the silver DE)? I've checked the website, and you do seem to be right; just strange that they made more than one. Perhaps it is preparation for eventually letting people sit in it. Thank you for the heads-up, though.

We would be able to see the exterior design well (which we already love), but seeing as to how I likely can't sit in it, I don't think any of my questions will be answered (they pertain to sitting in the car, which I doubt they would let my parents do, let alone me).

Last I've heard is that the Gravity prototypes would be available to sit in sometime in the middle of this year. When that does happen, we will be going down there as soon as possible, as that will mostly answer all of our questions (other than the trim structure and the captains chairs, which I hope are answered by the reservation time).
There are definitely more than two Gravity vehicles now. The one that was in Valley Fair was not one of the two I saw at the LA Auto Show, as it had stealth cantrails.

There are definitely more than two Gravity vehicles now. The one that was in Valley Fair was not one of the two I saw at the LA Auto Show, as it had stealth cantrails.
Okay, now I'm just confused. The valley fair one was definitely stealth, but wasn't the LA auto show one also stealth on green? It appears they are making multiple in the same specifications for now, which is fine. Upon closer inspection, the Valley Fair Gravity seems to have different rims (stealth version of "dream" rims) vs the similarly specced green LA auto show gravity. Were you able to see which trim the Valley Fair one was? I do hope we see some Gravities in lower trims as well.

Valley Fair (credit to @OCDC ):
1715823737301.png

LA Auto show:
1715823733070.png

PS: Are those Aurora Green calipers on the Valley Fair Gravity? Seriously hoping there's just a simple black option for that, although I admit the matching scheme looks somewhat cool.

Last edited:
This is the most confusing thing to me since the beginning of the rollout. If Gravity is really on track for late 2024, then shouldn't reservations open up now? And when will more info be released about the various trims?
Based on what they mentioned at a factory tour a few months back, they are looking at summer (sounded like July) to have the AZ production line actually stamping bodies and assembling pre-production Gravity models. So one would think they wouldn't open the reservations until then at the earlyest.

Back