Gravity accessories slowly appearing

Also ordered a simple curtain kit from Amazon and that seems to be working well, too. It doesn't go all the way to the top, but I think I'll be okay with a little morning light. ;-)

I wasn't sure how I was going to connect this but Lucid made it easy. I found a perfectly sized right angle eye-hook? that I wrapped in velcro so it tucked right into the seam of the pillar with the eye-hook hanging down. The pole that came with the kit works great and again, this stayed in place while driving. The curtain pulls to the sides when you want to see.

Finally, I made my own window blocks. Using corrugated board and auto carpet...small one here to show but I made all of the back windows and they work great.

Now go get me some Camp Mode, Lucid! ;-)
 

Attachments

  • Curtain.webp
    Curtain.webp
    663.6 KB · Views: 214
  • WindowCovers.webp
    WindowCovers.webp
    397.6 KB · Views: 158
Also ordered a simple curtain kit from Amazon and that seems to be working well, too. It doesn't go all the way to the top, but I think I'll be okay with a little morning light. ;-)

I wasn't sure how I was going to connect this but Lucid made it easy. I found a perfectly sized right angle eye-hook? that I wrapped in velcro so it tucked right into the seam of the pillar with the eye-hook hanging down. The pole that came with the kit works great and again, this stayed in place while driving. The curtain pulls to the sides when you want to see.

Finally, I made my own window blocks. Using corrugated board and auto carpet...small one here to show but I made all of the back windows and they work great.

Now go get me some Camp Mode, Lucid! ;-)
Cool, please post the curtain link and maybe some close-up pics of the eye hook and how you attached it
 

Attachments

  • Hook.webp
    Hook.webp
    469.4 KB · Views: 186
Links before thread moves forward:

Blackout window covering: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CDSLY32T?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_fed_asin_title&th=1
Curtain: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CF4875J5?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_fed_asin_title&th=1

Attached is the hook I used. You can see it's coming out a bit so I'll keep working on it. Maybe some velcro around it so it stays in but the pole itself pushes outward so it kinda stays in place anyways.
Awesome...ya, and it's not like you're tugging on the curtains when you're crashed in the back of your cool-ass Gravity camper!

I was thinking of some sort of U shaped plastic or rubber endplate for the curtain rod pole ends to insert into on each side mounted with velcro backing.
Tucking that up it into that notch in the liner is brilliant!
Maybe the endplates I imagined should have a velcro'd top tab that tucks up in there. Thanks for sharing this here.
 
Last edited:
Thought I'd share this in case others are looking at car camping solutions:

I struggled with how to cover the massive top glass in the back for dark-out and privacy. I ordered a blackout curtain from Amazon and wasn't sure how to connect it. Then, realized a tailor/seamstress could do this much better. Went by a local place and they sewed it in for $50. Using same clips it seems to keep it in place even with some bumpy drives since I put it in. It's not perfect as it hangs down about an inch, though I may put a few more stitches in it to keep it more taught. BTW-This still folds the same way as before, which is awesome.

Anyways, just sharing in case others are looking for a solution.
Nice...That must keep some heat in, insulating from the cold glass ...and save a bit of battery as well
 
Links before thread moves forward:

Blackout window covering: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CDSLY32T?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_fed_asin_title&th=1
Curtain: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CF4875J5?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_fed_asin_title&th=1

Attached is the hook I used. You can see it's coming out a bit so I'll keep working on it. Maybe some velcro around it so it stays in but the pole itself pushes outward so it kinda stays in place anyways.

If the bar has a spring and holds in place on its own maybe look at a U shaped 3D printed part with flat prongs (sort of like what the end of a trim removal tool looks like) that fit into the gap? Seems like you could make something with less possibility of tearing up the edge of the headliner that way.
 

All weather Gravity mats are in stock at LinerX. Better price point and if anything like my Air mats, high quality and excellent fit.

Does anyone know if these are actually available yet? They seem still to be a pre-order item.
 
Does anyone know if these are actually available yet? They seem still to be a pre-order item.
They were showing as available a day or two ago. I wonder if they sold out their initial run and have to make more.
 
I found an accessory to fill in the “pit” behind the second row… 🐕‍🦺 For some reason I can’t post a photo right now, but my dog seems to love it! I put all rows down when just going on road trips with one child…
 
I found an accessory to fill in the “pit” behind the second row… 🐕‍🦺 For some reason I can’t post a photo right now, but my dog seems to love it! I put all rows down when just going on road trips with one child…
Oh ya I bet the dog loves having bolstering all around to prevent them flying into the sides of the 3rd row/cargo area on corners or tossed up front when firmly braking.
I used to have a big black Labrador that would stand the whole time for hundreds of miles and fully brace himself in the back of my old OG Jeep Cherokee on highways & dirt roads in Baja.

(Now if you could only get them to sleep quietly there and warm your back and provide support when you're laying on your camping mattress back there! 😂

Pic!
 
Oh ya I bet the dog loves having bolstering all around to prevent them flying into the sides of the 3rd row/cargo area on corners or tossed up front when firmly braking.
I used to have a big black Labrador that would stand the whole time for hundreds of miles and fully brace himself in the back of my old OG Jeep Cherokee on highways & dirt roads in Baja.

(Now if you could only get them to sleep quietly there and warm your back and provide support when you're laying on your camping mattress back there! 😂

Pic!
He began to climb out as I was taking the pic but had been in the trenches for some time!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9919.webp
    IMG_9919.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 165
I found an accessory to fill in the “pit” behind the second row… 🐕‍🦺 For some reason I can’t post a photo right now, but my dog seems to love it! I put all rows down when just going on road trips with one child…
What breed? I'll have to get an order in. 😉
 
I was able to pre-order the Gravity cargo liner from Liner X , and estimated delivery december. First come, first serve.
 
I was able to pre-order the Gravity cargo liner from Liner X , and estimated delivery december. First come, first serve.
I just confirmed with LinerX their shipment is arriving soon and they expect mats to ship this month. Their shipping is quick once they’re here. I know they’re eager to get them out the door.
 
I have created a gridfinity fusion file for the 1st portion of the center console. It is a baseplate that fits and those of you who 3D print can create varying bins as needed. I can send whatever I make if you would like, but I just got a 3D printer and am new to this so bear with me LOL. Let me know!
 
I have created a gridfinity fusion file for the 1st portion of the center console. It is a baseplate that fits and those of you who 3D print can create varying bins as needed. I can send whatever I make if you would like, but I just got a 3D printer and am new to this so bear with me LOL. Let me know!
Would love the STL
 
Back
Top