Gravity 75 mph Range

All I know is my 21/22, 7 seater has rated range of 386 and dynamic range is equal to rated range when dynamic shows 3.30 kWh. Which matches with about 117 kw usable on battery.

I can get 3.3+ on highway, but I have to be conscious of speed, have good weather, etc.
Now that we know the 7 seater can achieve the same 407 mileage as the 5 seater, sounds like a dynamic rating of 3.47 is even more possible for you than before.
The best I've gotten is a dynamic of 3.12.
I prefer highway driving.

The one efficiency tip I receive is to keep my speed below 70; I kinda knew that.
What kind of speed are you driving to get that 3.3?
 
Now that we know the 7 seater can achieve the same 407 mileage as the 5 seater, sounds like a dynamic rating of 3.47 is even more possible for you than before.
The best I've gotten is a dynamic of 3.12.
I prefer highway driving.

The one efficiency tip I receive is to keep my speed below 70; I kinda knew that.
What kind of speed are you driving to get that 3.3?
About 68 max - even if speed limit is 70mph. So about 5-7mph over limit unless limit is 70.

I think we all knew the efficiency for the 21/22 could be better than rated as it wasn’t tested - they just tested 22/23 and gave same number to 21/22.

But I am “stuck” in bad efficiency world for winter. Struggling to get above 2.6 when it’s cold and dynamic took massive hit on last road trip and won’t get above 2.4 now. I wish you could reset dynamic manually.
 
About 68 max - even if speed limit is 70mph. So about 5-7mph over limit unless limit is 70.

I think we all knew the efficiency for the 21/22 could be better than rated as it wasn’t tested - they just tested 22/23 and gave same number to 21/22.

But I am “stuck” in bad efficiency world for winter. Struggling to get above 2.6 when it’s cold and dynamic took massive hit on last road trip and won’t get above 2.4 now. I wish you could reset dynamic manually.
Thank you.

I may try it, but I also know I've become more of a "positional driver" on highways.
I used to try to maintain a certain speed limit, but knowing the cost of replacing a Gravity windshield, I now try to find a sweat spot away from trucks (mostly dump trucks and tractor trailers) and heavy traffic. I accelerate as needed. Quite a challenge.

Something to consider since the dynamic range value cannot be reset in the Dynamic Efficiency widget is collecting your own data and monitoring it.
I keep my charging data in spreadsheet.
See the higlighted column in the image below.

Screenshot 2026-01-11 at 1.54.55 PM.webp
 
I may try it, but I also know I've become more of a "positional driver" on highways.
I used to try to maintain a certain speed limit, but knowing the cost of replacing a Gravity windshield, I now try to find a sweat spot away from trucks (mostly dump trucks and tractor trailers) and heavy traffic. I accelerate as needed. Quite a challenge.
Yeah, I'm not paying $108k for the ultimate car to feel stuck driving slower than I normally like to drive. Just ain't happening unless I'm truly desperate on a leg where it looks like I won't make it to the charger. But I also don't speed like crazy either. My normal highway mode is doing 78 in a 75 zone, and 80-81 in an 80. That's pretty much the point of getting a super-range EV like the Gravity -- having all that range so I don't have to compromise.

What is the cost of a Gravity windshield? I hate to think. Our Mustang Mach-E windshields were ~$1000 and I had to replace 3 of them (no insurance). I'm guessing this Gravity windshield has to be upwards of $3000+? Not looking forward to that.

Following in the same lane as a semi usually isn't the problem. It's being in the next lane over while passing one. The mud flaps seem to protect straight behind but they throw the rocks off to the side. Gotten 8 chips/cracks in 5 years, all from creeping up on a semi in the next lane on interstates. I too have started getting in the habit of speeding up to get past them, as though it were a 2-lane highway instead.
 
Yeah, I'm not paying $108k for the ultimate car to feel stuck driving slower than I normally like to drive. Just ain't happening unless I'm truly desperate on a leg where it looks like I won't make it to the charger. But I also don't speed like crazy either. My normal highway mode is doing 78 in a 75 zone, and 80-81 in an 80. That's pretty much the point of getting a super-range EV like the Gravity -- having all that range so I don't have to compromise.

What is the cost of a Gravity windshield? I hate to think. Our Mustang Mach-E windshields were ~$1000 and I had to replace 3 of them (no insurance). I'm guessing this Gravity windshield has to be upwards of $3000+? Not looking forward to that.

Following in the same lane as a semi usually isn't the problem. It's being in the next lane over while passing one. The mud flaps seem to protect straight behind but they throw the rocks off to the side. Gotten 8 chips/cracks in 5 years, all from creeping up on a semi in the next lane on interstates. I too have started getting in the habit of speeding up to get past them, as though it were a 2-lane highway instead.
To clarify, I drove that way ONLY to see how/if one could achieve ideal efficiency. That’s not how I prefer to drive, but it IS how one HAS to drive in order to get 3.30+. That’s really what I was testing.

If I drive with no care for efficiency, it’s well below 2.70. Any EV eats range above 75+ mph.
 
What is the cost of a Gravity windshield? I hate to think. Our Mustang Mach-E windshields were ~$1000 and I had to replace 3 of them (no insurance). I'm guessing this Gravity windshield has to be upwards of $3000+? Not looking forward to that.
Gravity windshield costs 3k. I had mine replaced over Thanksgiving for the passenger visor that fell off. Yes, they cannot glue the visor mount back on, the mounts for the visor come on from the supplier.
 
To clarify, I drove that way ONLY to see how/if one could achieve ideal efficiency. That’s not how I prefer to drive, but it IS how one HAS to drive in order to get 3.30+. That’s really what I was testing.

If I drive with no care for efficiency, it’s well below 2.70. Any EV eats range above 75+ mph.
Oh sure, I didn't mean to imply that you did. I'd be surprised if anyone buying a Gravity does. But I have seen some EV drivers say they do that. I'm always thinking "no thanks!" when I read those comments. :cool:
 
Yeah, I'm not paying $108k for the ultimate car to feel stuck driving slower than I normally like to drive. Just ain't happening unless I'm truly desperate on a leg where it looks like I won't make it to the charger. But I also don't speed like crazy either. My normal highway mode is doing 78 in a 75 zone, and 80-81 in an 80. That's pretty much the point of getting a super-range EV like the Gravity -- having all that range so I don't have to compromise.

What is the cost of a Gravity windshield? I hate to think. Our Mustang Mach-E windshields were ~$1000 and I had to replace 3 of them (no insurance). I'm guessing this Gravity windshield has to be upwards of $3000+? Not looking forward to that.

Following in the same lane as a semi usually isn't the problem. It's being in the next lane over while passing one. The mud flaps seem to protect straight behind but they throw the rocks off to the side. Gotten 8 chips/cracks in 5 years, all from creeping up on a semi in the next lane on interstates. I too have started getting in the habit of speeding up to get past them, as though it were a 2-lane highway instead.
Complete agreement on feeling stuck driving slower than normal.
I may try the challenge of achieving 3.47 MPK. If so, it will be during a single charge-drive-charge cycle.

My common sense keeps trying to remind me that I'm not 16 anymore and to stop fooling with sports cars on the road.
Most of the time I listen, but ... .
Like you, unless I'm concerned about making it to a charger, I'm having fun with this awesome car.
 
To clarify, I drove that way ONLY to see how/if one could achieve ideal efficiency. That’s not how I prefer to drive, but it IS how one HAS to drive in order to get 3.30+. That’s really what I was testing.

If I drive with no care for efficiency, it’s well below 2.70. Any EV eats range above 75+ mph.
I know where you live.
Driving 68 in the DMV is like going 35 in a 55 zone. :)
 
Gravity windshield costs 3k. I had mine replaced over Thanksgiving for the passenger visor that fell off. Yes, they cannot glue the visor mount back on, the mounts for the visor come on from the supplier.
Weird that they couldn't glue that back on, since it appears to literally be glued on. Maybe they just didn't have the right adhesive, or it takes something super special that can only be done at the plant?
 
Thank you.

I may try it, but I also know I've become more of a "positional driver" on highways.
I used to try to maintain a certain speed limit, but knowing the cost of replacing a Gravity windshield, I now try to find a sweat spot away from trucks (mostly dump trucks and tractor trailers) and heavy traffic. I accelerate as needed. Quite a challenge.

Something to consider since the dynamic range value cannot be reset in the Dynamic Efficiency widget is collecting your own data and monitoring it.
I keep my charging data in spreadsheet.
See the higlighted column in the image below.

View attachment 35827
I love science minded ppl...wish there were more of them to Vote!
 
Yeah, I'm not paying $108k for the ultimate car to feel stuck driving slower than I normally like to drive. Just ain't happening unless I'm truly desperate on a leg where it looks like I won't make it to the charger. But I also don't speed like crazy either. My normal highway mode is doing 78 in a 75 zone, and 80-81 in an 80. That's pretty much the point of getting a super-range EV like the Gravity -- having all that range so I don't have to compromise.

What is the cost of a Gravity windshield? I hate to think. Our Mustang Mach-E windshields were ~$1000 and I had to replace 3 of them (no insurance). I'm guessing this Gravity windshield has to be upwards of $3000+? Not looking forward to that.

Following in the same lane as a semi usually isn't the problem. It's being in the next lane over while passing one. The mud flaps seem to protect straight behind but they throw the rocks off to the side. Gotten 8 chips/cracks in 5 years, all from creeping up on a semi in the next lane on interstates. I too have started getting in the habit of speeding up to get past them, as though it were a 2-lane highway instead.
I'm with you. For me, getting the heck away from idiots for your own safety (something I truly learned riding a Harley) is more important than trying to maximize your efficiency. Speeding up to pass big trucks has always been my chosen strategy. Drivers that get all anxious and slow down next to them and are afraid to pass are so annoying and stupid! Why on Earth would you want to spend MORE time next to a truck?? Shortening your risk exposure is just common sense to me.
 
Weird that they couldn't glue that back on, since it appears to literally be glued on. Maybe they just didn't have the right adhesive, or it takes something super special that can only be done at the plant?
My SC said they cannot glue on and have never heard of it being done. Only solution was new windshield.

I would assume the visor is ultra violet bonded at the windshield supplier. That’s why Lucid doesn’t have a fix for it other than a new windshield. They receive the windshield with the visor mounts already on.
 
Complete agreement on feeling stuck driving slower than normal.
I may try the challenge of achieving 3.47 MPK. If so, it will be during a single charge-drive-charge cycle.

My common sense keeps trying to remind me that I'm not 16 anymore and to stop fooling with sports cars on the road.
Most of the time I listen, but ... .
Like you, unless I'm concerned about making it to a charger, I'm having fun with this awesome car.
Helps to play smooth jazz and classical....
 
Should the range be done with a couple passengers and cargo? If you’re driving empty and solo, why have a gravity.
 
Should the range be done with a couple passengers and cargo? If you’re driving empty and solo, why have a gravity.
I am gunning for worst case scenario like it’s my mission in life…
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2491.webp
    IMG_2491.webp
    806.6 KB · Views: 123
I am gunning for worst case scenario like it’s my mission in life…
I was at 1.97 after I had a climb in elevation of 2500’ in 40 minutes and it was 19 degrees and windy. Crushed my dynamic range. Still recovering. Only back to 2.3 after almost a week of normal driving!
 
I was at 1.97 after I had a climb in elevation of 2500’ in 40 minutes and it was 19 degrees and windy. Crushed my dynamic range. Still recovering. Only back to 2.3 after almost a week of normal driving!
I’m at sea level, hunting along the NJ95. Last one was a poorly informed Audi e-tron GT, was messing lightly for a good 10 min before he finally got some space and gunned past me, was ahead by maybe half a vehicle before Gravity nosed ahead again. If only for a moment. Wasn’t looking to show em the top speed superiority, just enough that he had the jump and still failed.
 
Back
Top