Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Non issue for me - my car was going in to get the interior door panels to match the rest of the car. They will take car of headlight warning and a couple of minor things.
But this is why I wanted to take delivery in Florida where I’m 10 minutes from service center. I figured there would be a bug or two to get resolved before it heads north.

Non issue for me - my car was going in to get the interior door panels to match the rest of the car. They will take car of headlight warning and a couple of minor things.
I had to read this twice. I forgot about your interesting mix and match interior for a moment 😂

I just had my first call with my DA yesterday. The DA said I should see a VIN for my Zenith Red Mojave 21" around mid-May with delivery estimated to be around mid-late June. I'll take it with a grain of salt given there is a lot of fluidity in deliveries right now.

When we discussed delivery options (I'm in Northern VA) he gave the option of home delivery vs delivery at the Tysons Corner showroom. What I found interesting is the the quality assurance inspections for my area happen in Chicago. If I opt for a home delivery the car is individually trailered from Chicago to my house. He suggested delivery at the showroom might be preferential so the car gets one more once over after transport from Chicago when it is staged for delivery. It made sense to me and I think that is my preference anyways.

Also, the DA said final payment would be due at the time the car is transported from Chicago. When I asked about what happens if I want to refuse delivery if there are significant issues when I inspect it he talked about generating a due bill and that the issues so far have been minor. I couldn't help myself and asked him if he knew a car was delivered with the wrong color doors and he said its well known among the DAs. Looks like your famous @Pete44. He even talked about how they gave the option to keep as is or swap the doors. Thought that was funny. :)

The explanation for why they request payment before the car is transported from final inspection is that they want to confirm the purchase before incurring the expense of shipment.

Picked my up yesterday. Unfortunately headlight warning came on 10 miles into the ride home - passenger side headlights stopped work. So back to the service center she goes!
At least those are a straightforward fix. Congrats on getting the car!

Just got the call from my DA that the car has cleared PDI. Payment made and I am just waiting to hear from the Service Center when I can pick it up.

Florida,
Black, Santa Cruz, 21's
Reservation 10/18/21
Order 12/14/21
VIN 4/6/22
Arrived 4/16/22 Service Center in FL
PDI Complete 4/21/22
Delivery...

Just got the call from my DA that the car has cleared PDI. Payment made and I am just waiting to hear from the Service Center when I can pick it up.

Florida,
Black, Santa Cruz, 21's
Reservation 10/18/21
Order 12/14/21
VIN 4/6/22
Arrived 4/16/22 Service Center in FL
PDI Complete 4/21/22
Delivery...
So close....

I’d be very hesitant, myself. Having said that, friends of ours drove to LA 2 weeks ago to pick theirs up and drove it back to Palm Springs on the 10. They didn’t have any problems except after a 2 hour orientation they gOT upon delivery they couldn’t remember anything they were told.
Tom, did your friends get a red one? If so, it might be what I saw in Rancho Mirage two weekends ago.

I guess I may be stuck between a rock and a hard place. We are planning a house remodel and adding an induction range. We need a new Circuit panel so this is opportunity to put in circuit for Lucid AGT and other electrical items. Knowing that only a few loads can go in the sub-panel for the car to cover knowing how the car will send power to panel when there's an outage would be nice.

I need to get my ticket on an airline with no change fees, if that exists. A sudden delay would make my plans harder.

Let's hope they have caught up by end of May.

Wait, what? I was told max time held in studio is a week?

I've always used quick ammonia soak followed by power wash.
I guess I may be stuck between a rock and a hard place. We are planning a house remodel and adding an induction range. We need a new Circuit panel so this is opportunity to put in circuit for Lucid AGT and other electrical items. Knowing that only a few loads can go in the sub-panel for the car to cover knowing how the car will send power to panel when there's an outage would be nice.

I need to get my ticket on an airline with no change fees, if that exists. A sudden delay would make my plans harder.

Let's hope they have caught up by end of May.

Wait, what? I was told max time held in studio is a week?

I've always used quick ammonia soak followed by power wash.
My DA has told me the VINs are assigned after painting.
That's what my DA told me as well.

Well at least your DA is talking to you, mines is not, guess I forgot to brush my teeth..

Tom, did your friends get a red one? If so, it might be what I saw in Rancho Mirage two weekends ago.
Indeed, that was likely it. Gorgeous.
Question about converting a reservation to an order. At what point in the process does your $1000 deposit become non-refundable? When is the point of no return?

Thanks.
Once you have taken (or waived) the test drive you can convert a res to an order immediately.

If you are upgrading or upgraded to the performance edition, please let me know, I will update our tracker to represent that!

I just had my first call with my DA yesterday. The DA said I should see a VIN for my Zenith Red Mojave 21" around mid-May with delivery estimated to be around mid-late June. I'll take it with a grain of salt given there is a lot of fluidity in deliveries right now.

When we discussed delivery options (I'm in Northern VA) he gave the option of home delivery vs delivery at the Tysons Corner showroom. What I found interesting is the the quality assurance inspections for my area happen in Chicago. If I opt for a home delivery the car is individually trailered from Chicago to my house. He suggested delivery at the showroom might be preferential so the car gets one more once over after transport from Chicago when it is staged for delivery. It made sense to me and I think that is my preference anyways.

Also, the DA said final payment would be due at the time the car is transported from Chicago. When I asked about what happens if I want to refuse delivery if there are significant issues when I inspect it he talked about generating a due bill and that the issues so far have been minor. I couldn't help myself and asked him if he knew a car was delivered with the wrong color doors and he said its well known among the DAs. Looks like your famous @Pete44. He even talked about how they gave the option to keep as is or swap the doors. Thought that was funny. :)

The explanation for why they request payment before the car is transported from final inspection is that they want to confirm the purchase before incurring the expense of shipment.
I had my call a couple of weeks ago and was told something similar for my Zenith red with 21s. Based on the ramp up we are seeing, I believe it. Well, more than anything, I want to believe it.

For what it’s worth, it’s secure. Plaid is a service that connects to these banks securely and doesn’t save your information.
I'm going to have to disagree. While it's common practice I don't find it to be a secure process at all. Sure, the information is transmitted with encryption and they may or may not store anything which is always questionable. Some process requires temporary storage and I have seen my share of temporary that stuck around for months. The front end part (your direct interaction) is not at all secure unless you are like me and paranoid about IT security. You need to make sure your computer is not compromised with key loggers or Trojans reading your screen. DO NOT do this on any kind of public wifi. I much prefer using wire transfers. The few times I have had to do something like this I used personal virtual machines, vpns and (kid you not) a completely separate bank account that I set up just for that type of thing. Yes I am that crazy.

Scheduled pickup tomorrow afternoon. For tracking purposes, the car was ready last Tuesday the 12th but with spring break, travel and both our work schedules, tomorrow is finally the day! Nov 30 confirmed, VIN March 31, black Santa Cruz 21”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back