Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, just bummed I can’t drive it. Arrived without temporary registration or any paperwork. They say they will fedex overnight. We’ll see. Also, left front turn signal not functioning.
Isn’t the AZ 90 day affidavit we signed a temp registration? That’s how I read it. Disclaimer: I’m not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV 😂

All the red pics got to me. Changed my order today from vanilla white to Zenith red + Tahoe interior.
Are you from Santa Rosa, CA? If so, there will be atleast two Zenith Red with Tahoe interiors darkening the roads.

Ordered 3/30. AGT, silver, 19", tahoe. First DA call today. He said silver production starts in jun, delivery jul-sep. I believe sep more. He said the bidirectional charging box will be available jun and is $1000. Doesnt come with utility disconnect or manual or automatic transfer switch. Im sure anything that invertantly can backfeed power to the utility needs to be installed per utility rules. He said 240 V receptacle takes 10 hrs to charge and the bidirectional box 7 hrs. He offered home delivery in covered truck for free or pickup at service center in Seattle. Im 80 miles north. Seattle doesnt have studio yet.

Are you from Santa Rosa, CA? If so, there will be atleast two Zenith Red with Tahoe interiors darkening the roads.
Funny, I’m in Sebastopol. Except mine will be white with Santa Cruz, lightening the road ;)

Yep, from Santa Rosa. Could be some confusion in the Costco parking someday. We better hope the key fobs won't open the wrong car.
I split time between Minnesota & Sebastopol…but I’ll be wearing grey.

Isn’t the AZ 90 day affidavit we signed a temp registration? That’s how I read it. Disclaimer: I’m not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV 😂
Yes, that’s basically correct. They do need to actually file it and then deliver a paper copy to place in the rear window or temp plate to drive with. Along with temp registration paperwork so you can go to your State office to get permanent registration. I received none of that…

Yes, that’s basically correct. They do need to actually file it and then deliver a paper copy to place in the rear window or temp plate to drive with. Along with temp registration paperwork so you can go to your State office to get permanent registration. I received none of that…
But i do have the car. 6A260063-F1F1-4FE4-83B2-CF3079D8613A.jpeg

I split time between Minnesota & Sebastopol…but I’ll be wearing grey.
My office is in Cotati and I’m always in Sebastopol. Looking forward to doing the motorcycle nod as we pass each other.

Yep, from Santa Rosa. Could be some confusion in the Costco parking someday. We better hope the key fobs won't open the wrong car.
My wife tried to talk me out of Zenith red, telling me that it is a grandma color. This will serve as proof that she is wrong.

Ordered 3/30. AGT, silver, 19", tahoe. First DA call today. He said silver production starts in jun, delivery jul-sep. I believe sep more. He said the bidirectional charging box will be available jun and is $1000. Doesnt come with utility disconnect or manual or automatic transfer switch. Im sure anything that invertantly can backfeed power to the utility needs to be installed per utility rules. He said 240 V receptacle takes 10 hrs to charge and the bidirectional box 7 hrs. He offered home delivery in covered truck for free or pickup at service center in Seattle. Im 80 miles north. Seattle doesnt have studio yet.

Well, this will require some research. Most transfer switches I've come across are proprietary. Something has to trigger the switch, isn't it usually a circuit board ON the power source i.e. generator? I'll have to see what Ronk has. I know it has to be DPDT, or break before make.

O.K. wait, how does the car know to send power??? This is beginning to look like a no go.

Last edited:
I agree, after seeing that, I would be embarrassed to show a picture of my garage. It makes me want to clean everything out, purge, repaint, re-organize....hell with it, too much work.

Between the '68 and '73 Mustangs, I probably have half a car sitting on shelves, not to mention the tools.

Last edited:
Well, this will require some research. Most transfer switches I've come across are proprietary. Something has to trigger the switch, isn't it usually a circuit board ON the power source i.e. generator? I'll have to see what Ronk has. I know it has to be DPDT, or break before make.

O.K. wait, how does the car know to send power??? This is beginning to look like a no go.
You're right. I didnt mention i do electrical engineering of power systems. Didnt mention to DA either pretending i didnt know much to get the true story. For automatic transfer switches (ATS) there are closed and open transition. Closed is seemless whereas for open you loose power for a few seconds before the ats swiches over. Upon loss of utility power, and sensed by the ats, you typically have a time delay of a few seconds before the ats switches over from utility to car battery power to give to the house panel. Thus, this isnt seemless. When utiliy power comes back you have another time delay before switching back and now in minutes since utility power may come and go during a storm and you dont want the ats switching back and forth. For closed transition ats the switch back is seemless. For most people i'd think a manual transfer switch is sufficinet. Upon loss of utility power you manually swich off utility power and then switch on car battery power. This switch is mechanically built such that its impossible to have both utility and car battery power switched on at the same time and thus its also not seemless. Yes, for ats you need to have communication or control wiring between the ats and lucid charger box so both knowns what to do and when. Yes, i think its too early.

For those with December confirmations, we had another delivery this morning but I am waiting for their color/interior combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back