Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were to order a silver GT today, you're looking at December timeframe for delivery.
This makes sense since Silver isn't supposed to available until Q3 right? "Available" meaning ready to produce or ready to deliver? If the former, then delivery in 3 to 5 months would put you in that timeframe.
Your confirmation date dictates your place in production, once you get your confirmation email, your reservation date is now obsolete.
Yes, reservation date is a factor in when you are offered the opportunity to confirm but when you get put in the production queue is determined by confirmation date assuming you didn't order something that wasn't ready to be produced.

It would be nice if Lucid released a breakdown, I don't see how doing so would be a negative business move. But given how secretive they have been, I don't see them doing so.
That's what the quarterly shareholders calls are for. You're not going to get a running monthly report. Nobody has time for that. It's not like a simple word document that they throw together in 2 days. The language and tone has to be vetted by lawyers and ceo and they're not going to be doing that every few weeks. Anything misconstrued can be basis of lawsuits.

Your comment about demand being Lucid’s long term challenge reminded me — I’ve been seeing a second wave of tv commercials, first since early last year. Is everyone seeing them across the country or is it a regional campaign (I’m in the mid-Atlantic)? I don’t know the cost / benefit of these ads but unless management is really out of touch they must have confidence their production will soon catch up. Otherwise, why advertise now?

My guess is that it’s less about the car and more about brand recognition. And 6 figure cars are not an impulse buy for most people and have a prolonged buy cycle, so Lucid’s probably trying to take some headspace before Mercedes and BMW really get going.

Nov 4 order date. White, Santa Cruz interior, 21 in wheels, VIN assigned March 22. I am told my car is in the FL service center being inspected, that was 2 weeks ago.

Nov 4 order date. White, Santa Cruz interior, 21 in wheels, VIN assigned March 22. I am told my car is in the FL service center being inspected, that was 2 weeks ago.
When I picked up my car there a couple of weeks ago or so, it was packed with cars being inspected. As best I could tell that’s all they were working on.

My guess is that it’s less about the car and more about brand recognition. And 6 figure cars are not an impulse buy for most people and have a prolonged buy cycle, so Lucid’s probably trying to take some headspace before Mercedes and BMW really get going.
That’s a good way to think about it, especially if the wait time is no longer than other comparable EVs. I would add that my wife has been more positive since seeing the ads even though she’s heard me talk about the car for a year!

Reserved Air GT, cosmos silver, tahoe, 19" 3/19/22, ordered 3/30/22, invited to first DA call 4/19/22

I reserved my GT Zenith Red, Mojave 21" on 3/15/22 and confirmed my order on 3/29/22 and haven't heard from a DA yet. I clearly have some time, but hopefully I hear from one soon.

Reserved Air GT, cosmos silver, tahoe, 19" 3/19/22, ordered 3/30/22, invited to first DA call 4/19/22
Were they transparent with you about the major delay in silvers or did they just give you the general spiel about 2-4 months?

I reserved my GT Zenith Red, Mojave 21" on 3/15/22 and confirmed my order on 3/29/22 and haven't heard from a DA yet. I clearly have some time, but hopefully I hear from one soon.
I believe there is a general internal line you can call with questions like this to see if a DA can be setup for you.

Were they transparent with you about the major delay in silvers or did they just give you the general spiel about 2-4 months?

I believe there is a general internal line you can call with questions like this to see if a DA can be setup for you.
They didnt mention silver delay. Found out myself on web site. Silver delay wasnt on web site when i reserved but appeared some time later. Yes, spiel 2-4 months.

They didnt mention silver delay. Found out myself on web site. Silver delay wasnt on web site when i reserved but appeared some time later. Yes, spiel 2-4 months.
That’s concerning to me. We know they read our feedback and their takeaway is to continue the general spiel of 2-4 months for those with Silver reserved. Four months from March is July. Which is the month they plan to start producing the color for those with confirmation dates five months before yours. I don’t mean to come off as rude to you, but the 2-4 month range is a pipe dream for Lucid to say.

I’m sure it has been discussed at length, but I have a question. In the Lucid website it says Silver is available 3rd quarter. Is that for new orders placed today, or does that mean that those of you who are already confirmed will receive your cars in the 3rd quarter? I read that a couple of Silvers have received VINs, so I’m a little confused.

I received my purchase agreement yesterday. The price on the agreement is correct but when you go to pay it’s 10k more. I can’t figure out why as there’s no breakdown other than a credit for deposit.

I received my purchase agreement yesterday. The price on the agreement is correct but when you go to pay it’s 10k more. I can’t figure out why as there’s no breakdown other than a credit for deposit.
That’s strikes me as an error. I’d ping your DA.

I’m sure it has been discussed at length, but I have a question. In the Lucid website it says Silver is available 3rd quarter. Is that for new orders placed today, or does that mean that those of you who are already confirmed will receive your cars in the 3rd quarter? I read that a couple of Silvers have received VINs, so I’m a little confused.

I believe only gray VINs are assigned and may be what you’re referring to. As for Silver, it has been said that Silver will start production in July.

$10k is right around what taxes, registration, etc. would cost. Did you account for that?

Have you calculated in taxes, title, etc..?

That’s concerning to me. We know they read our feedback and their takeaway is to continue the general spiel of 2-4 months for those with Silver reserved. Four months from March is July. Which is the month they plan to start producing the color for those with confirmation dates five months before yours. I don’t mean to come off as rude to you, but the 2-4 month range is a pipe dream for Lucid to say.
No problem, you're just describing reality! My assumption is their customer-nice-phone/email people may be given only selected info. Many industries still have double+ lead times after covid. I think ill be 4-8 months for me. I base it on trackers on this and the other forum where people keep spread sheets with order, vin, dates, etc. One person even posted a plot with his/her projections months out. Also, it seems cars are stuck at service centers for some weeks before delivery. Perhaps mounting long leadtime smaller items especially since they may not be busy yet with so few cars on the road.

I hope this helps, Formatting is messed up by paste, but the numbers are there for Dallas.

Buyer’s Name & Address1. Purchase PriceTotal Cash Price
Kyle xxxxxCash price of motor vehicle, options, accessories$140,500.00
xxxxxxxxxxxxand destination fee. (See attached Vehicle Configuration for
Dallas, TX 75248itemization.)
Date Prepared:
02/23/2022

Total Cash Price

$140,500.00
Seller’s Name & Address2. Sales Tax Calculation and Other Fees
Lucid Group USA, Inc.Subtotal of Taxable Items$140,500.00
7014 E Camelback Rd. #1428Sales Tax$8,781.25
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Documentation Fee$75.00
Dealer License Number:Out of State Processing Fee$145.00
L10000618Total Cash Price With Sales Tax$149,501.25
Description of Vehicle3. Amounts Paid to Government Agencies*
New / Used: NewRegistration/Transfer/Titling Fees$136.00
Year: 2022License Fees$0.00
Make: LucidInspection Fee$7.00
Model: Air
Style: Grand Touring
Vehicle Identification Number:
Total Government Fees$143.00
NOT YET ASSIGNED4. Subtotal$149,644.25
Order Number:5. Total Credits
AD9712-01976
Deposit-$1,000.00
Expected Amount from Lender$0.00
Payment Remittance:

Lucid Group USA, Inc. Attention: Accounts Receivables 7373 Gateway Blvd.

Newark, CA 94560

Please reference Order Number

Auto Broker: This transaction is not subject to a fee received by an auto broker from Seller unless this box is checked:

☐ If checked, name of auto broker receiving fee:

Name of Lender:

Total Credits-$1,000.00
6. Amount Due from Buyer$148,644.25

Last edited:
I believe only gray VINs are assigned and may be what you’re referring to. As for Silver, it has been said that Silver will start production in July.
Oh, that makes sense. For some reason I thought that gray and silver were in the same situation. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back