Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing when all those Red Santa Cruz from December are assigned VINs they'll next give the January Reds VINs since they're doing that color batch. At least I can selfishly hope
Yes that seems to be a fair assumption. And to think that when I ordered my car I thought it was going to be a relatively rare combo

Yes that seems to be a fair assumption. And to think that when I ordered my car I thought it was going to be a relatively rare combo
When the first Grey car gets a VIN, I’m sure they will rapidly move through all of the Grey cars in the Nov/Dec batches to catch up to where the rest of the VIN assignments are.

Does the VIN assignment come via email or phone call? Asking for a friend.

My DA (Tony in CA) just called with my VIN. White GT,Mojave,19". Reserved Nov 6, ordered Jan 18. The car is in Houston being prepped for delivery to me in Dallas the next week or so. Flying to Scottsdale Thursday for my test drive. Excited and a bit nervous... Happening faster than expected.
Congrats! Very exiting! I hope to see you driving around the city! I've only seen one Lucid in Dallas so far. It will be some time before I have mine as I reserved a Pure.

I was emailing back at forth with my SA from the Lucid HQ and then I asked about the grey color situation and he stopped responding... :)

giphy.gif

Well, I think we are getting to a point where the "checkmark" placed by "grey in production" may need to come off until they actually start assigning VIN's to them and communicating such to their prospective owners. Weeks and weeks "in production" before the first VIN is assigned does not seem representative. We may soon see VIN's issued for red, black and white cars confirmed in February and March if they continue to have problems with Gray. Silence with respect to Grey status is not encouraging.

I keep expecting to see "Available Q4 2022" on the website.

Last edited:
What are the chances... I recently learned that my brother in law ordered the same car (GT), same exterior color and same wheel size (he went mojave interior, I went tahoe). We never discussed buying a Lucid prior together, I don't think. What are the chances.

Well, I think we are getting to a point where the "checkmark" placed by "grey in production" may need to come off until they actually start assigning VIN's to them and communicating such to their prospective owners. Weeks and weeks "in production" before the first VIN is assigned does not seem representative. We may soon see VIN's issued for red, black and white cars confirmed in February and March if they continue to have problems with Gray. Silence with respect to Grey status is not encouraging.

I keep expecting to see "Available Q4 2022" on the website.
No Grey. See my update post in the other thread.

Picking up car in Riviera Beach Thursday afternoon. Will be using @SaratogaLefty's checklist. Really excited. Have a bunch of people who want to see it before I head north next week.
So just received a call from person in Riviera Beach doing my walk through tomorrow. Delivery is now postponed. Service manager told him the car is not ready to be released. No explanation. No idea of timing. I reminded them if I can't get it by Friday, they have to ship to CT. No explanation is infuriating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back