Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I was told they planned to get me my car “before June” earlier today. The above doesn’t jive.

it‘s getting really hard to believe anything they are saying with respect to grey given all the contrary information we are getting.

I just asked for some honesty from my DA and his boss and his boss’ boss. They told me May earlier today and now I see this. When you combine that with no VIN’s being issued, it gets hard to know what to believe.

I am pretty sure I am going to be on some sort of list.

So after yesterday's disappointing news that car won't be ready till mid-April when I would be headed to CT, my DA called today to say good news, car is ready to leave the factory and expect delivery in about 10 days in Florida. Fingers crossed.
Guess I didn't cross my fingers hard enough. DA called to say they are having shipping issues and his promise of no later than April 4 (the soft deadline I gave him for a Florida delivery before I head north) is not going to happen. He did not want to give a new estimate. And of course 2 hours later I get the email with the purchase agreement (with wrong VIN) as well as invitation to pay. Thanks @borski for non legal or binding comments on opting out of arbitration clause. Monday will be 6 weeks from initial VIN. I was hoping to "show it off" around the community (I would have first Air since Dream holder backed out at last minute) and then take a road trip to CT. But really not a big deal. Just a little frustrating.

I was just at the service center and there were two GTs (red and white) and DE (black) ready for delivery. Maybe one is yours? The service manager told me that they had completed between 35 and 40 deliveries from the Scottsdale service center, including home deliveries in AZ.
Good to know. Thanks. Mine is a red with Tahoe interior. At this point I probably couldn't pick it up until next Thursday. But it would be nice to know that it's there :).

I know the process has been frustrating to say the least for many. I must say that my experience, other than being put in a later confirmation batch has been fine. Today I received a call that my car would be ready by the end of the day. (I received my VIN 10 days ago) I was told that I could take delivery at home on Thursday, or at the service center in Costa Mesa tomorrow (a little over an hour from my home). My issue is that I didn't have a ride available. They then offered to send a car for me. We then realized that my wife is also a signer and wouldn't be available to join me tomorrow. I got a call back that they were going to Uber me the paperwork this evening so my wife could sign, and then they are sending a car for me in the morning to pick up my car. Frankly, I'm blown away by the willingness and effort to get me in my car, just because I'm too impatient to wait for it to be delivered on Thursday.
For those of you contemplating cancelling orders this late in the game, I can only say try to hang on a little longer. If this is the treatment they are going to offer their customers, I think the wait will be worth it.

Follow up.... MY DA called to clarify.

Quantum Grey Production deliveries are expected in April/May. He feels confident in that time line.

I wonder if I prompted that. I copied your comments in my email to my DA, et al, and asked him for clarity as I had just been told that I would get my car "before June". It's one thing for timelines to change from week to week, but hour to hour is a bit much. Add that to the fact that their 2-4 months is 6+ months, minimum and a lack of communication up until recently and this becomes a sensitive subject for some. Once the first VIN's for grey actually get issued and they actually deliver a grey car, anxiety might ease a bit (and shift to silver).

Just placed my GT order (Quantum Grey, Mohave, 19"). Reserved 3/13, invite to order 3/29, order placed 3/30. The reservation was originally Zenith Red/Santa Cruz/19.

Picked up this morning. Was told it is among the first GT's in San Diego. She might be a GT, but to me, it rides like a dream. (Not to be confused with Dream) :)
IMG_0673.jpg

It's funny. While it's a minuscule number compared to all of the cars out there and all of the orders Lucid has, with all of the VINs and deliveries being noted on the board, I feel like I'm going to be seeing Lucids all over the place soon. Of course, in my case, I may be since there are about 7-10 of us in the N Scottsdale area. Hell, I think two live in the same neighborhood. We'll do a parade!

Picked up this morning. Was told it is among the first GT's in San Diego. She might be a GT, but to me, it rides like a dream. (Not to be confused with Dream) :)
View attachment 1296
Congrats! The red looks great. …… sigh…… as I am still waiting for the VIN.

Congrats! The red looks great. …… sigh…… as I am still waiting for the VIN.
I’m in the same boat - I feel your pain :D

Santa Cruz cars are moving pretty fast though so we probably don’t have long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back