Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

All final quality control fixes should be done at the factory where the staff who built the units has the tools and knowledge to make the cars right. Shipping them off to service centers with a lot of mistakes makes no sense.

Got the call today. Update for tracker!

Confirmation Nov 2, Quantum Grey, Santa Cruz
VIN assigned May 11, Delivery June 25
Congrats. Now they need to work backwards and get those April VINs delivered.

In general, I'd agree with you. And in fact, I've said every part of the way that I very much expect Lucid to take their time and make sure everything is perfect before I take my car. I reserved early enough that I could have easily had a Dream Edition a long time ago but I chose GT because I didn't want to take the first batch-- I wanted the car to be a bit more baked.
But my concern, like so many on here, has been the setting of expectations and communication. If I had stuck with a grey car, I'd say a 6 week time between VIN and delivery would be good. But I literally switched colors because I was told delivery would be immediate. It wasn't.
Thankfully, despite the out of office email, my DA has replied and things are moving forward. I hope he's not replying from some beach somewhere. I'd be happy with a competent backup.
Update#2. Thanks to my DA and the great folks at the Scottsdale Delivery Center, I picked up my Zenith Red Grand Touring on Wed 6/22. They had to void my previous signed purchase documents as they were too old, and I signed new ones.
All other cars ready for delivery at that center were under wraps so I didn't get to see any Quantum Grey, but I am extremely happy with my switch to Zenith Red. It is amazing in person.
I took it to my local detailer for a paint correction/ceramic coating quote and he was quite surprised at the finish quality as well-- he didn't think it would really need very much correction.

I have the same timeline with

Right there with you. My middle to end of June VIN estimate is looking iffy at this point.

Yep. Heard from my SA and he said he might know what's going on in about 3 weeks. I went ahead and picked up a certified pre-owned Taycan 4S this week because this timeline doesn't seem to be working out they way I needed it to.

I foresee a very busy next week at the service centers if they plan on following through their end of June promise.

In their defense, they only said completion and not necessarily pickup or delivery. Will see 🙈

Took delivery two hours ago! So far love the car, but for me will be a steep learning curve. I arrive using adaptive cruise control, awesome!

Just on case you haven't seen inside of Millbrae.

20220624_115705.jpg

Took delivery two hours ago! So far love the car, but for me will be a steep learning curve. I arrive using adaptive cruise control, awesome!

Just on case you haven't seen inside of Millbrae.

View attachment 3016

The black trim pieces at the bottom of the side windows on the left look misaligned, on the red studio model.

Congratulations on your taking delivery!

I foresee a very busy next week at the service centers if they plan on following through their end of June promise.

In their defense, they only said completion and not necessarily pickup or delivery. Will see 🙈

In the wording of their email I still don't think they promised to have all the cars delivered by end of the June but the "review" process would be over by the end of june and then delivery would be scheduled.

For anyone interested: you can get Lucid Air toy cars (hot wheels), at Target and Walmart now.

Has no one been issued a VIN since 6/16? How are they going to deliver 12,000 cars befote years end, thats like 90 cars per work day if you count the maybe 1000 or so they have done so far.

Has no one been issued a VIN since 6/16? How are they going to deliver 12,000 cars befote years end, thats like 90 cars per work day if you count the maybe 1000 or so they have done so far.

Lucid is very careful with their words. It’s 12,000 cars produced, not delivered.

Includes test cars, demo cars, and customer cars.

For a company that only has enough cash on hand to get through most of 2023 (plus a $1B line of credit) I would hope its mostly customer cars to generate much needed revenue. I am getting a little concerned about overall financial health. By the way my DA simply ignored my email inquiries laat week until my sales person got him to call me. He told me like many others, VIN by the end of June. My delivery location would be Torrance CA. My wife and I are still excited and hope for the best from Lucid.

Update#2. Thanks to my DA and the great folks at the Scottsdale Delivery Center, I picked up my Zenith Red Grand Touring on Wed 6/22. They had to void my previous signed purchase documents as they were too old, and I signed new ones.
All other cars ready for delivery at that center were under wraps so I didn't get to see any Quantum Grey, but I am extremely happy with my switch to Zenith Red. It is amazing in person.
I took it to my local detailer for a paint correction/ceramic coating quote and he was quite surprised at the finish quality as well-- he didn't think it would really need very much correction.

Congrats!

For a company that only has enough cash on hand to get through most of 2023 (plus a $1B line of credit) I would hope its mostly customer cars to generate much needed revenue. I am getting a little concerned about overall financial health. By the way my DA simply ignored my email inquiries laat week until my sales person got him to call me. He told me like many others, VIN by the end of June. My delivery location would be Torrance CA. My wife and I are still excited and hope for the best from Lucid.

My hope it is customer cars, too. Let's not forget the major customer in the Kingdom which has an open order for 100,000 cars which is required to start this year.

June 7, 2022 confirmation Email date
Zenith red, Tahoe interior, 19” wheels

just got notification that my Air GT ( white, santa cruz) is ready for pickup this Wednesday! I'll post pictures for you all. Reservation 11/1/2021, Confirmed 1/11/2022, Vin 5/5/2022
Congrats! Sorry you had to wait so long....

just got notification that my Air GT ( white, santa cruz) is ready for pickup this Wednesday! I'll post pictures for you all. Reservation 11/1/2021, Confirmed 1/11/2022, Vin 5/5/2022

Congrats, yes interesting it took so long.

Congrats! Sorry you had to wait so long....

Love your picture, that VR experience is very unique!

Back