Off-Topic GMC Hummer EV

Curious .. what did you end up getting?

I got a call from the local GMC dealer today and he wanted to verify/put-in our Hummer EV2X SUV order (will send a Build-date early next week). Caught me and the wife by surprise ..

If you got the Hummer .. would love to hear your feedback!
Did they give you an approximate delivery date?

I am still waiting for my Hummer. GM did confirm my order but no delivery date yet. My wife doesn't like it because it's a big step up to get into.

I rented a Rivian R1S and didn't like it so I cancelled my reservation.

I still have a Lotus Eletre reserved but at $169K, I am not interested.

I am seriously thinking about cancelling all of my EV reservations and waiting for an EV Escalade or Navigator.

I am still waiting for my Hummer. GM did confirm my order but no delivery date yet. My wife doesn't like it because it's a big step up to get into.

I am seriously thinking about cancelling all of my EV reservations and waiting for an EV Escalade or Navigator.
No delivery date, just told me that they received "a slot(s)" and was going down the reservation holders list to confirm orders. Said he will get a build date early next week (not sure if that will also include an estimated delivery date ... will let u know).

100% on the frustration. I saw an R1S at the National EV Week show here, but they're still not taking me off of "Processing Estimate" hold, so I'm just letting that ride.
In the meantime, my Fisker Ocean One is on a ship and I have an estimated delivery date of Nov. 11. (a bit nervous about it as I've read some interesting issues .. will have to drive it a bit before I hand it over to my son).

So, just to let off some steam, I picked up a GTC V8S .. letting the few/gray hair on my head get some air !!! 😉

No delivery date, just told me that they received "a slot(s)" and was going down the reservation holders list to confirm orders. Said he will get a build date early next week (not sure if that will also include an estimated delivery date ... will let u know).

100% on the frustration. I saw an R1S at the National EV Week show here, but they're still not taking me off of "Processing Estimate" hold, so I'm just letting that ride.
In the meantime, my Fisker Ocean One is on a ship and I have an estimated delivery date of Nov. 11. (a bit nervous about it as I've read some interesting issues .. will have to drive it a bit before I hand it over to my son).

So, just to let off some steam, I picked up a GTC V8S .. letting the few/gray hair on my head get some air !!! 😉
I want a full-size EV SUV and the Hummer, to me, is just a really big Jeep with low range and long charge times. Having said that, I think that it will be a lot of fun to drive around town.
I really like driving a fast EV but my Navigator is so comfortable, quiet and has great range! :)

Keep me posted on your EV exploits!

I want a full-size EV SUV and the Hummer, to me, is just a really big Jeep with low range and long charge times. Having said that, I think that it will be a lot of fun to drive around town.
I really like driving a fast EV but my Navigator is so comfortable, quiet and has great range! :)

Keep me posted on your EV exploits!
will do.
Received my "Order confirmation" email today. I'll report back if/when I get a delivery date.
I believe you test drove a Hummer EV ... how did you manage to do that? Did the dealership reach out to you? The wifey would like to test drive it before committing our $$.
Thx

will do.
Received my "Order confirmation" email today. I'll report back if/when I get a delivery date.
I believe you test drove a Hummer EV ... how did you manage to do that? Did the dealership reach out to you? The wifey would like to test drive it before committing our $$.
Thx
I called a couple of GMC dealers in Houston, and one had a demo unit that they let me drive. It drives well but obviously not as fast as a Lucid DE however it still has that EV instant torque. Controls and software are nice, IMHO. Even in "squat mode" there is about an 18" step up to get into it. It's also very wide so parking in a narrow garage will be a challenge.

will do.
Thx
Do you have an Edition 1 reservation?

Just curious what you didn’t like about the R1S. I’ve had mine since Spring and love it! I found one very slightly used (500 miles) and other than maybe wanting a bit more range than the 280 I get from the quad motor, 22” wheel set up, it’s been great. It’s no Lucid Air through the turns, but drives much nicer than my previous Yukon Denali. UX is definitely more solid than my AGT. And thoughtful features like car wash mode, pet mode and gear guard cameras.

Just curious what you didn’t like about the R1S. I’ve had mine since Spring and love it! I found one very slightly used (500 miles) and other than maybe wanting a bit more range than the 280 I get from the quad motor, 22” wheel set up, it’s been great. It’s no Lucid Air through the turns, but drives much nicer than my previous Yukon Denali. UX is definitely more solid than my AGT. And thoughtful features like car wash mode, pet mode and gear guard cameras.
It was more personal preferences than anything really wrong with the R1S. I am used to a full-size SUV, the Navigator, so it felt a little small. A lot of the controls are very Tesla like, and I don't like that, or I would probably have bought a Model S Plaid. The software works great, and it drove well. The one that I rented is the Rivian version of the Dream Edition and it had a lot of squeaks and rattles, but I am sure that the newer ones are better. And lastly the range was a little short for my taste.

So my Rivian reservation is coming, my wife and I are debating, which EV SUV to convert from ICE.
1) Another R1S (long range)
2) Model-X
3) wait for Gravity.

Verdict is so far is wait for 2024.

So those are mid to late 2024 production?
Yes, that's what we were originally told (about 1 yr after you guys) .. that's why we didn't expect the call from the dealership until next year ..

So my Rivian reservation is coming, my wife and I are debating, which EV SUV to convert from ICE.
2) Model-X
3) wait for Gravity.

Gravity. Model x is... we all know... and another R1S may not be that good of a solution beacuse you already have one.

Taking into account all your cars, I would use your current R1S as the avocado green jeep replacement(offroad cars) and a new gravity as your people mover! Fully electrified then...

Gravity. Model x is... we all know... and another R1S may not be that good of a solution beacuse you already have one.

Taking into account all your cars, I would use your current R1S as the avocado green jeep replacement(offroad cars) and a new gravity as your people mover! Fully electrified then...
In your (@Tesla2.0) case, I have to agree .. the Gravity may be a better choice .. though I have a Volvo EX90 reservation .. that may also be worth a look for you 😉

2) Model-X
3) wait for Gravity.

The wild card for me is the Lotus Electre. It's now slated for late 2024. It looks really nice, IMHO, and has lots of great features BUT the price, un-officially, seems to be creeping up to the $170-180 range for a fully loaded "R" model.

I am number one on the list of the Houston Lotus dealer and they "think" that they will be a "drive" event in late Q1 of 2024 so I will wait and see what it's like in person.

The wild card for me is the Lotus Electre. It's now slated for late 2024. It looks really nice, IMHO, and has lots of great features BUT the price, un-officially, seems to be creeping up to the $170-180 range for a fully loaded "R" model.

I am number one on the list of the Houston Lotus dealer and they "think" that they will be a "drive" event in late Q1 of 2024 so I will wait and see what it's like in person.

Electre is like Urus and Corvette had a baby together. 🧐

Isnt the Eletre supposed to be around 100-150k? Thats what I heard the last time I was researching it..

Isnt the Eletre supposed to be around 100-150k? Thats what I heard the last time I was researching it..
The R model, fastest with 900 HP, and options, is rumored to be at least $169K, maybe more. I hope that the current state of US interest rates and general market for expensive cars, makes Lotus price it accordingly. Wishful thinking, I am sure.

So those are mid to late 2024 production?
Yesterday, I got an email letting me know that my order was confirmed.
Today, the dealer told me that my scheduled build date is 12/4/23 .. (and they have an EV3X pickup we can test drive .. which we plan on doing tomorrow)

Yesterday, I got an email letting me know that my order was confirmed.
Today, the dealer told me that my scheduled build date is 12/4/23 .. (and they have an EV3X pickup we can test drive .. which we plan on doing tomorrow)
Wow! I have an Edition 1 reservation and no build date yet.

Back