GM confirms Cadillac Celestiq starts at a whopping $340K

Does GM really think they can compete with Bentley and Rolls Royce?

Hand built, Cadillac is taking orders and I imagine most of the orders will be bespoke.

1691210012716.png

I hope the experience of actually using this car is really something special.

The range is claimed to be only 260 miles. The rear end is IMHO quite ugly: a Buick Roadmaster station wagon melted in the sun, with very odd taillight placement. The marketing copy on their website is mostly flowery gibberish disguising the mostly uninteresting feature set ("Cadillac first" is meaningless unless you refuse to consider other brands). And no middle rear passenger from what I can tell.

On the plus side the ADAS ought to be better than ours. Their version of the glass canopy appears to be pseudo-dimmable. Hopefully these things will filter down to GM's less expensive cars.

Worth it for 340k, until you look at the i7.
Dont write off gm, recently the quality and interiors have been beautiful.(and im a mopar guy)

GM increased the price on the corvette z06
Think about this a nice well equipped Z06 will run you 150K

Does GM really think they can compete with Bentley and Rolls Royce?
Seriously! Cut the price in half and it’s still twice the price 99% of GM buyers will be willing to pay.

Worth it for 340k, until you look at the i7.
Dont write off gm, recently the quality and interiors have been beautiful.(and im a mopar guy)

I don’t write them off. GM insiders have picked up own shares in last 12 months.
137BC611-8891-4640-8E68-9FF269346DFB.png

While Tesla insiders have picked up ZERO share in last 12 months and purely offloading.
A219B1A2-B57B-4C6A-A853-ECF0C94754F4.png

^^^^
Well makes sense
the TSLA shares have more than doubled since Jan 1…..,
I took some profit on my buys at $125 in January
GM stock has been relatively stagnant past 7 months. I’m tempted to buy in at current levels.

Back