Glovebox Stuck

Ksa23

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT, 21", White/White
I was suprised I couldnt find other posts on this, but is there a workaround for the glovebox being jammed? I can hear the latch trying to release when I press Glovebox, but it doesn't open. I tried very gently prying the side with a spudger but no luck.

Is there a manual release somewhere, or other ideas?

I remember this happening to someone else, I think it’s a complex repair, like they have to remove the pilot panel housing or something to get to it. I’d text service.

I remember this happening to someone else, I think it’s a complex repair, like they have to remove the pilot panel housing or something to get to it. I’d text service.
As soon as I read this I went to the car and kept slapping it harder and harder while tapping the Glovebox button repeatedly. Hand a bit tingly with how hard I slapped it. It popped open!

As soon as I read this I went to the car and kept slapping it harder and harder while tapping the Glovebox button repeatedly. Hand a bit tingly with how hard I slapped it. It popped open!
Yeah @Cosmo Cruz had this happen to him. I haven’t had the issue and haven’t heard of anyone else having it. I wonder what caught?

My glove box was inaccessible because a video module failed, so I'd lost both R screen and pilot panel/console screen = had no user control over any functions.

Apparently there is no way to open the glove box without the pilot panel button!
The Lucid glove box is secured by Catch 22.

The failed video module that controls the user panels ie glove box latch, is behind the glove box.
To service the bad module you must open the glove box to gain access.
Catch 22

else...it takes a couple of weeks to wait for the "secret tool" that nobody seems to have that you can snake behind the glove box after removing a bunch of stuff and if you manipulate it just so it will ( rumor has it ) release the glove box cover. Or ... you can just brute-force the install if your tech can hang upside down under the dash with his spine draped over the sill and the seat corner in his kidney with a torch in his teeth and a set of security torx bits, a ratchet driver and a boroscope... and pliers... and a multimeter...duck tape is always handy to have in reach; all whilst tapping on the laptop waiting for CA to wake up. I'm sure this process is a lot less expensive than making a mechanical release...like those pinholes you push a paper clip in to pop out a tray kinda thing....

or...you can put a piece of tape over the latch....I use the same tape I have been using for decades to repair "Czech engine" lights: a small strip of black vinyl electrical tape.

I'

Last edited:
My glove box was inaccessible because a video module failed, so I'd lost both R screen and pilot panel/console screen = had no user control over any functions.

Apparently there is no way to open the glove box without the pilot panel button!
The Lucid glove box is secured by Catch 22.

The failed video module that controls the user panels ie glove box latch, is behind the glove box.
To service the bad module you must open the glove box to gain access.
Catch 22

else...it takes a couple of weeks to wait for the "secret tool" that nobody seems to have that you can snake behind the glove box after removing a bunch of stuff and if you manipulate it just so it will ( rumor has it ) release the glove box cover. Or ... you can just brute-force the install if your tech can hang upside down under the dash with his spine draped over the sill and the seat corner in his kidney with a torch in his teeth and a set of security torx bits, a ratchet driver and a boroscope... and pliers... and a multimeter...duck tape is always handy to have in reach; all whilst tapping on the laptop waiting for CA to wake up. I'm sure this process is a lot less expensive than making a mechanical release...like those pinholes you push a paper clip in to pop out a tray kinda thing....

or...you can put a piece of tape over the latch....I use the same tape I have been using for decades to repair "Czech engine" lights: a small strip of black vinyl electrical tape.

I'
You should write a memoir.

Back