Garage Door Opener

ConcernedOwner

Cars
Licid Air Touring
I have issues with my vehicle opening and closing my garage door. I have spoken to Customer Service twice and have been told that a local technician would contact me. The first time was 6 days ago, the second was 4 days ago. Has anyone experienced a similar problem.

Last edited:
I checked with service as I am experiencing times when pushing the Homelink doesn't communicate with the garage door opener. I also asked about pending updates that will allow the car to recognize a set distance from the garage, like the Tesla Model S and was told that it's on this list for development. I find odd as I've had the Homelink on my 2016 Model S from the very beginning and didn't realized how "used to it" I was until having to learn how to select the open/close on the Lucid. Since the tech has been working for Tesla for so long, don't think it should be a challenging software update.

I found a work around for Homelink by putting the vehicle in park after backing out of the garage. Close the camera's front view and only then activate the garage door to close. After the garage door fully closes, I can put the vehicle in reverse, back out into the street and drive away. As for the sensor placed higher, we placed the MyQ sensor at the top of the garage door. The results were the same. The door reversed and reopened if I put the vehicle in reverse prior to fully closing. Haven't really experienced issues opening the garage door when entering the driveway. The vehicle appears to require a straight shot toward the garage door in order to initiate opening. Hey, it works, just not like it was imagined. It only reinforces a favorite comment, "How is the technology working for you?”

I started the linking process...went to the front grille, pressed the button...garage door opens & Lucid honks.

But then I go through the three test steps and no response from the garage door.

Now I have Alexa & Siri programmed & prefer that method for opening, even though it was somewhat involved using LiveKey as an intermediary. I don't like it as much for closing since the MyQ will sound the warning alarm for a few seconds before the door moves.

Did you put the garage door opener into learn mode?

I don't remember. It's been a couple weeks since I tried. I did follow the on-screen instructions.

I remember using the learn button to re-program the clicker. It had been so long since I used it.

I don't remember. It's been a couple weeks since I tried. I did follow the on-screen instructions.

I remember using the learn button to re-program the clicker. It had been so long since I used it.
The problem as you described it would be there if you hadn't convinced the opener to enter 'learn' mode. I had this same experience, though on my part I was hitting the 'learn' button but not in the exact right way it wanted me to. I reread and reread the opener's instruction manual, finally lucked on something that worked.

I found a work around for Homelink by putting the vehicle in park after backing out of the garage. Close the camera's front view and only then activate the garage door to close. After the garage door fully closes, I can put the vehicle in reverse, back out into the street and drive away. As for the sensor placed higher, we placed the MyQ sensor at the top of the garage door. The results were the same. The door reversed and reopened if I put the vehicle in reverse prior to fully closing. Haven't really experienced issues opening the garage door when entering the driveway. The vehicle appears to require a straight shot toward the garage door in order to initiate opening. Hey, it works, just not like it was imagined. It only reinforces a favorite comment, "How is the technology working for you?”
I don't have to put the vehicle in park, but just stop for a second while backing out, close the front view and use the homelink function as you do, then continue backing up once I'm convinced the door will close. (Cat tries to sneak in the garage sometimes and triggers the door's sensors so the door reverses, and I return to find the garage door completely open. Dang cat.)
On returning home, same experience as you ... the opener doesn't appear to get the homelink signal when I press the button unless the car is pointed towards the door.

I don't have to put the vehicle in park, but just stop for a second while backing out, close the front view and use the homelink function as you do, then continue backing up once I'm convinced the door will close. (Cat tries to sneak in the garage sometimes and triggers the door's sensors so the door reverses, and I return to find the garage door completely open. Dang cat.)
On returning home, same experience as you ... the opener doesn't appear to get the homelink signal when I press the button unless the car is pointed towards the door.
i don't have that issue when i return home. my garage is around the corner and is 90 degrees to the road and as soon as i turn around the corner the homelink prompt auto appears. i don't have to wait for my garage to be seen. that said, as a feature improvement, i would like the prompt to show up when i back out of the garage so i don't have to close out the camera view first and then click homelink.

The problem as you described it would be there if you hadn't convinced the opener to enter 'learn' mode. I had this same experience, though on my part I was hitting the 'learn' button but not in the exact right way it wanted me to. I reread and reread the opener's instruction manual, finally lucked on something that worked.

Possibly, but I had just done my GV-60's six months before and it works fine ("old-fashioned" rear-view mirror mounted Homelink).

I am actually preferring using Siri/Alexa. I just need to remember to do it when I pull into the subdivision instead of turning into the driveway.

i don't have that issue when i return home. my garage is around the corner and is 90 degrees to the road and as soon as i turn around the corner the homelink prompt auto appears. i don't have to wait for my garage to be seen. that said, as a feature improvement, i would like the prompt to show up when i back out of the garage so i don't have to close out the camera view first and then click homelink.
Ah, sorry to not be clear. I get the homelink prompt based on my location, before I get close to my garage. Pressing the button to transmit the signal to the opener, though, won't yield results unless the car is pointed towards and in signal range of the opener's antenna.
Everyone agrees on your latter point, though, been something people have requested for quite some time.

I added my 2nd garage door to my AT this weekend and now my side won't open from the car. The new side works great. I'm going to redo my side tonight and see if it fixes it.

Anyone ever had this happen?

I added my 2nd garage door to my AT this weekend and now my side won't open from the car. The new side works great. I'm going to redo my side tonight and see if it fixes it.

Anyone ever had this happen?
I have 3 garages in there and they all work as desired.

My solution works with myQ, which controls my garage doors with a remote app that is Alexa compatible. Unfortunately however, Alexa is unresponsive when I first leave my garage, maybe because of a lag in switchover from my home wifi to cellular. When I arrive at home, I can just tell Alexa to open the garage door, but it's leaving that's a problem because of the backup camera overlay. If I wait until the switchover (down the street after leaving), Alexa will close the door for me. The best solution arrived with Carplay. I set up shortcuts on my phone for myQ, and now I can tell Siri to open or close the door and it works any time.

I had Alexa working nicely to close my garage door, but as of yesterday, for some reason it stopped working. When I ask Alexa to close the door, she still comes up with 'OK', but nothing happens. Can't quite figure out what's going on. In the interim I'm closing the backup screen to call up the Home door closing option.

I set up the Alexa voice control to close my garage door but rarely use it. When using the voice command, the garage door opener flashes 10 times before closing which takes a lot longer closing the backup screen then closing the garage door. I like to see that the door is fully closed before driving away. I still want an easier way to close after backing out of the garage.

I set up the Alexa voice control to close my garage door but rarely use it. When using the voice command, the garage door opener flashes 10 times before closing which takes a lot longer closing the backup screen then closing the garage door. I like to see that the door is fully closed before driving away. I still want an easier way to close after backing out of the garage.
I do what you said at the beginning
"Alexa close garage door" and then wait

I had Alexa working nicely to close my garage door, but as of yesterday, for some reason it stopped working. When I ask Alexa to close the door, she still comes up with 'OK', but nothing happens. Can't quite figure out what's going on. In the interim I'm closing the backup screen to call up the Home door closing option.
Interesting, is your garage door opener a Chamberlain one? Mine just quit working a few days ago also, but I'm not using Alexa but instead Siri via Apple Homekit/Homebridge. Chamberlain MYQ app will still open and close it fine but my homebridge logs say there's a 403 error and it can't establish a token with the opener, whereas up until a few days ago I just said "Hey Siri open/close garage door" and it worked. If yours is a Chamberlain opener I wonder if they broke something with their software that allows 3rd party access like Alexa or Siri?

Interesting, is your garage door opener a Chamberlain one? Mine just quit working a few days ago also, but I'm not using Alexa but instead Siri via Apple Homekit/Homebridge. Chamberlain MYQ app will still open and close it fine but my homebridge logs say there's a 403 error and it can't establish a token with the opener, whereas up until a few days ago I just said "Hey Siri open/close garage door" and it worked. If yours is a Chamberlain opener I wonder if they broke something with their software that allows 3rd party access like Alexa or Siri?
I've got a LiftMaster which I believe is essentially the same as the Chamberlain. Exactly like your issue, the MYQ app works fine, but something went south between the LiveKey-MYQ-Alexa communication. I do have an iPhone, but I was following instructions using Alexa, so I never did try the Siri route.

It was nice while it lasted. ;)

Funny. I just got an extra RPi, and set up Homebridge yesterday. The MyQ integration refuses to let me log in. I guess they are blocking access again

Back