Garage Door Opener

ConcernedOwner

Cars
Licid Air Touring
I have issues with my vehicle opening and closing my garage door. I have spoken to Customer Service twice and have been told that a local technician would contact me. The first time was 6 days ago, the second was 4 days ago. Has anyone experienced a similar problem.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure. Several of us are experiencing the same problem.
I am sure the Homelink module works fine by itself. However, it seems like it doesn't work properly when the backup camera is invoked.
This is exactly the kind of problem you encounter when each module (SW and HW) developer valiadte their own modules but no one tested the whole system working together (or inadequate testing).
In the end, the Homelink/garage door problem is trivial....I just carry my clicker (which defeats the whole purpose of the Homelink integartion). But the more serious questions are the unintended interactions between other SW/HW modules when they operate together that affect safety.
I back out of the garage completely. Put car in drive, Close out the front camera and tap homelink. This works reliably. Sometimes My profile appears when I close the front camera. Just need more taps to get to the homelink. This is the improvement that is needed to eliminate all the taps.

Upon arrival, it opens fine. But on departure, it's crazy how it works. If I'm moving at all, it literally cancels the garage close command and the door reopens. The vehicle has to remain perfectly still, or better yet I just switch to Park. I was thinking this is a bug because it didn't used to do this, but started a couple months back. Touch the gas too soon and it sends a second garage door command which effectively reverses the garage door.

Get a garage opener that is Siri Homekit compatible or else connect it via homebridge (I use HOOBS, homebridge out of box solution). I just say hey Siri, close garage door as I’m backing out and my phone or watch sends the command. I don’t know how to do it on android phones. I think someone on here figured out how to get Alexa to do it also but I forget who it was. Honestly I think voice command is the best solution here since you need to be looking at the screen and shouldn’t be tapping buttons at the same time (unless Lucid listens to @Bobby and puts the homelink button in the right place!).

Get a garage opener that is Siri Homekit compatible or else connect it via homebridge (I use HOOBS, homebridge out of box solution). I just say hey Siri, close garage door as I’m backing out and my phone or watch sends the command. I don’t know how to do it on android phones. I think someone on here figured out how to get Alexa to do it also but I forget who it was. Honestly I think voice command is the best solution here since you need to be looking at the screen and shouldn’t be tapping buttons at the same time (unless Lucid listens to @Bobby and puts the homelink button in the right place!).
You can connect Alexa and MyQ using IFTTT. The door can only be closed and you have to use the trigger command : Alexa, trigger close garage door

ED38C206-6FB7-47A5-95EC-7C1A6868B0C7.jpeg

In the end, the Homelink/garage door problem is trivial....I just carry my clicker (which defeats the whole purpose of the Homelink integartion). But the more serious questions are the unintended interactions between other SW/HW modules when they operate together that affect safety.
I agree that it is trivial but you make a great point about systems integration. But I also question whether some high end cars are changing too many things that have always worked well. The traditional three buttons on the rear view mirror for homelink don't pop up through geo fencing (but don't need to since they are always there) but they work consistently and no problem with the backup camera. Why change a fairly simple system that works for a complex system that sort of works and even if it does, would presumably be more likely to breakdown.

There are many reasons why I would not buy a Tesla but, aside from the Model S, Elon has changed too many things that work where folks have useful muscle memory, like turn signals.

I use Alexa having connected a Refoss module to the opener and setting it up with the eHomeLife app. I can both close and open the garage door with Alexa by just saying "close the garage door" or "open the garage door" (need to use a PIN to get Alexa to open, but I only use Alexa to close).

Lucid can come up with a better homelink integration that is not annoying and just works. We shouldn’t need to explain to them how to fix it. Can you imagine going in to your physician’s office and having to explain to the Dr. how to perform your surgery?

We aren’t car designers or manufacturers, Lucid is! Figure it out please!!

I did a rough mock up in early 2022

There are lots of easy fixes to UI issues.

Somewhat disappointing the UI hasn’t had any improvements except moving buttons on the cockpit screen to the left. Which does help with reaching them, but not much of an overall improvement.

The Homelink function is so ridiculously bad, I just use my good old remote controls. It's a lot easier than reaching/looking for Homelink on the cockpit panel. I'll wait until they have the auto open like Tesla's.

Upon arrival, it opens fine. But on departure, it's crazy how it works. If I'm moving at all, it literally cancels the garage close command and the door reopens. The vehicle has to remain perfectly still, or better yet I just switch to Park. I was thinking this is a bug because it didn't used to do this, but started a couple months back. Touch the gas too soon and it sends a second garage door command which effectively reverses the garage door.
Some have reported issues with the car's Lidar confusing their garage door's safety sensors as they exit the garage. You could rule this out by blocking the car's lidar sensor temporarily with electrical tape. I think the solution was to replace the door sensors but do not recall exactly.

Some have reported issues with the car's Lidar confusing their garage door's safety sensors as they exit the garage. You could rule this out by blocking the car's lidar sensor temporarily with electrical tape. I think the solution was to replace the door sensors but do not recall exactly.
You can also move the sensors up higher, but yeah I haven’t had this happen.

I agree with the suggestion to use LiveKey and MyQ. Now my routine is to pull out of the garage, point my car away from the garage, and ask Alexa to close the garage door. Works much better than pressing the button while the car is pointing at the door. The Lidar interference issue solved.

I use an app called Livekey which allows Siri to control my MyQ Liftmaster garage door.

Weird, for me the MyQ app works perfectly fine with Siri without LiveKey as an intermediary.

I have a Meross SMG100 connected to my garage opener. I just use Homekit or Siri to open/close garage door. No need to fuss around the Homelink button.

Back