Garage Door Opener

ConcernedOwner

Cars
Licid Air Touring
I have issues with my vehicle opening and closing my garage door. I have spoken to Customer Service twice and have been told that a local technician would contact me. The first time was 6 days ago, the second was 4 days ago. Has anyone experienced a similar problem.

Last edited:
Funny. I just got an extra RPi, and set up Homebridge yesterday. The MyQ integration refuses to let me log in. I guess they are blocking access again
Yup, same thing on Home Assistant. What happened was MyQ got rid of the webapp and moved to mobile-only, but the APIs are still there; in addition to killing the webapp, I guess they also banned a bunch of user agents. Easy fix though - they’re just blocking the user agent; so if you modify the code to specify a new “User-Agent” header of “leavebritneyalone” or literally almost any other random string of characters you’ll be back in a jiffy.

Or wait, and Homebridge will eventually likely update it for you. :)

Yup, same thing on Home Assistant. What happened was MyQ got rid of the webapp and moved to mobile-only, but the APIs are still there; in addition to killing the webapp, I guess they also banned a bunch of user agents. Easy fix though - they’re just blocking the user agent; so if you modify the code to specify a new “User-Agent” header of “leavebritneyalone” or literally almost any other random string of characters you’ll be back in a jiffy.

Or wait, and Homebridge will eventually likely update it for you. :)
On a whim, I just tried to log in again on HB with the MyQ plugin and it worked. Created a child bridge, scanned the QR code and my 2x Liftmaster 8500 openers are showing up in the Home app. We'll see if it lasts. MyQ was the primary impetus for me setting up a HomeBridge as I use Hubitat and Alexa for most of my home automation. I've added plugins for most everything else that supports HomeKit via HomeBridge, I'll see if there are any other benefits to using HB in the future.

On a whim, I just tried to log in again on HB with the MyQ plugin and it worked. Created a child bridge, scanned the QR code and my 2x Liftmaster 8500 openers are showing up in the Home app. We'll see if it lasts. MyQ was the primary impetus for me setting up a HomeBridge as I use Hubitat and Alexa for most of my home automation. I've added plugins for most everything else that supports HomeKit via HomeBridge, I'll see if there are any other benefits to using HB in the future.
Use Home Assistant. It’ll seem overwhelming for like an hour, then you’ll find yourself having fun, and then you’ll realize why it’s so much better. :)

Use Home Assistant. It’ll seem overwhelming for like an hour, then you’ll find yourself having fun, and then you’ll realize why it’s so much better. :)
I may play with HA on an extra RPi - I really want to control my 2x Wallbox units to charge the Lucid and R1S off of excess solar and that seems to be the best way to do it locally. Honestly, my Hubitat setup is VERY dialed in. I have 200+ zigbee, Zwave and Lutron Caseta devices with integrations for smoke/CO/leak sensors, valve shut offs, Bond fan, Ecowitt temp sensors and Tesla Powerwall control and everything works perfectly ... maybe once a month a light won't shut off in a scene and I have to manually turn it off via app or voice.

I may play with HA on an extra RPi - I really want to control my 2x Wallbox units to charge the Lucid and R1S off of excess solar and that seems to be the best way to do it locally. Honestly, my Hubitat setup is VERY dialed in. I have 200+ zigbee, Zwave and Lutron Caseta devices with integrations for smoke/CO/leak sensors, valve shut offs, Bond fan, Ecowitt temp sensors and Tesla Powerwall control and everything works perfectly ... maybe once a month a light won't shut off in a scene and I have to manually turn it off via app or voice.
I'm just being an ass :p

They're all fine, and to each their own. :)

I found a work around for Homelink by putting the vehicle in park after backing out of the garage. Close the camera's front view and only then activate the garage door to close. After the garage door fully closes, I can put the vehicle in reverse, back out into the street and drive away. As for the sensor placed higher, we placed the MyQ sensor at the top of the garage door. The results were the same. The door reversed and reopened if I put the vehicle in reverse prior to fully closing. Haven't really experienced issues opening the garage door when entering the driveway. The vehicle appears to require a straight shot toward the garage door in order to initiate opening. Hey, it works, just not like it was imagined. It only reinforces a favorite comment, "How is the technology working for you?”
After a year of ownership, I have noticed that if reverse out of my garage and angle the car at a 45 degree to the garage door when I press the Homelink button, there is less chance of interference with the Lidar causing the garage door to not fully close. Basically what I'm saying is there is a sweet spot where the Homelink signal isn't affected by the Lidar to close the garage door. And that's usually at an angle.

I find that if I'm facing directly at the garage door, there's a much higher chance of the garage door closing and going back up during the process.

None of this matters when you open the garage door, only issues when closing.

Livekey is no longer.

I got a new Apple Watch and was trying to re-pair the livekey connection.

I couldn't log in, so I tried to reset my password, but never got a reset link.

If you go to the website, you get this message: "LiveKey is no longer active. Thanks to all who have supported the cause."

Is there any easy way to reorder the list of Homelink devices? I replaced a board in my primary opener and the car had to relearn it. With the Lucid, it's now fourth on the list, but it's the one that I use most. Since geolocation doesn't reorder the list or show the nearby one at the top, it affects usability.

I always thought the one at the top was the most recently used. Maybe not?

Back