Fun fact: Lucid Air DE has the equivalent of a 3.5 gal gas tank

Dortreo

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT
A gallon of gas is equal to 33.7 kilowatt hours, so Lucid DEs with 118kwh battery packs carry the equivalent of 3.5 gallons of gas.

And this is why efficiency wins the EV game..

A gallon of gas is equal to 33.7 kilowatt hours, so Lucid DEs with 118kwh battery packs carry the equivalent of 3.5 gallons of gas.

And this is why efficiency wins the EV game..
Wait so at current gas prices I could actually fill up my DE for less using gas?!?! Going to the nearest station to pump some gas into the inlet. The extra holes are for filtering right?

Wait so at current gas prices I could actually fill up my DE for less using gas?!?! Going to the nearest station to pump some gas into the inlet. The extra holes are for filtering right?

At $6 a gallon, filling the Lucid with gas costs about $21. How much would that be with home charging?

I’m surprised you never noticed the gas cap. Let us know how the trip to the gas station goes! :D

At $6 a gallon, filling the Lucid with gas costs about $21. How much would that be with home charging?

I’m surprised you never noticed the gas cap. Let us know how the trip to the gas station goes! :D
at the rates for SoCal Edison, Super off peak would cost me $24...why do people even buy EVs?

Just for kicks, if you insisted on using gas to power your Lucid, you could buy a Honda EM6500S generator for $5K. It'll charge up the 118 kWH battery pack in the DE using DC 12V at 8.3A. It'll only take 21 gallons of gas.

Back