FSD: "Some feel compelled to defend the indefensible."

Mostly, yes. No more screen freezes. The only software issue I'm still having that doesn't seem to be among the general complaints is that the bass has dropped out again since the CCV module was replaced. Lucid is working on that.

We drove across the state to the Riviera Beach Service Center this morning for them to recalibrate the ADAS system -- particularly the lidar sensor -- after the radar/laser install. It took about an hour, and everything realigned easily. However, they found that the two small rubber airfoils that hang under the bumper just ahead of the front wheels had been knocked off, apparently by my pulling over curbs or concrete bump stops. The staff was both friendly and helpful. They waived the charge to recalibrate the ADAS system, even though it was my own doing that necessitated it. They also waived the labor to replace the airfoils. After years of paying exorbitant prices for replacements parts for my cars at dealers' counters, I assume they would cost $50-100 apiece. Lucid did the whole job, including tax, for a whopping $24. I really find the service experience with Lucid thus far to be flawless.
Gotta ask, was that the furthest you drove it? How was that drive without any of the screen freezing issues or gremlins you had before?

Mostly, yes. No more screen freezes. The only software issue I'm still having that doesn't seem to be among the general complaints is that the bass has dropped out again since the CCV module was replaced. Lucid is working on that.

We drove across the state to the Riviera Beach Service Center this morning for them to recalibrate the ADAS system -- particularly the lidar sensor -- after the radar/laser install. It took about an hour, and everything realigned easily. However, they found that the two small rubber airfoils that hang under the bumper just ahead of the front wheels had been knocked off, apparently by my pulling over curbs or concrete bump stops. The staff was both friendly and helpful. They waived the charge to recalibrate the ADAS system, even though it was my own doing that necessitated it. They also waived the labor to replace the airfoils. After years of paying exorbitant prices for replacements parts for my cars at dealers' counters, I assume they would cost $50-100 apiece. Lucid did the whole job, including tax, for a whopping $24. I really find the service experience with Lucid thus far to be flawless.

Lucid had the parts in stock? I am waiting for my brake light, that is full of water from driving in the rain, for a few weeks already.

Yeah it really depends. They had all of the parts to service my car except the fascia for the front door handles, which took like a month to procure. So it seems really dependent on the part.

Gotta ask, was that the furthest you drove it? How was that drive without any of the screen freezing issues or gremlins you had before?

The round trip today was just over 300 miles. The only software issues we had related to the navigation system. First, when we made a rest stop, the nav system erased the destination. We had to reprogram the route every time we got back into the car. Second, when I input an address, the system gave us no choice of alternate routes such as our Tesla does. We wanted to come back a more rural route (which is given as an alternate route on Googlemaps), but I could get directions only by loading one leg of the trip to a midpoint town, driving to that terminus and then programming the second half of the trip. Third, as I was leaving the Service Center, I asked them how far it was to an Electrify America charging station. (They tried to charge us up at the Service Center but found their Level 3 charger was tripping the breaker repeatedly.) They told me there was a charging station under 10 miles away. So I hit the "Charging" icon on the Pilot Screen and called up charger locations. It brought up a very long list of Charge Point locations, with a few less common brands peppered in -- but not a single Electrify America station. I had to use the search feature to get the location of the Electrify America station which, at 7.8 miles away, was actually closer than some of the Charge Point locales that came up.

And . . . this trip included our first try with an Electrify America charger. There were four charging positions. One was occupied by a Hyundai Ioniq 5. The first charger we pulled up to was out of service. We went to another charger (150 kW), which recognized our car and Lucid account. However, after less than two minutes of charging, it terminated the session and e-mailsd me a statement for the session. I had to unplug the car and start over, at which point the station brought the battery from 37% to 96% in the ~40 minutes we spent at the sushi restaurant next door.

Another thing was our range. We drove over via Alligator Alley. Traffic was moderate, the weather was clear, and the temperature ranged from 77-80 degrees. I set the cruise control for 81 mph (which is actually 79 mph per our more accurate GPS tracker). The whole trip was into a stiff headwind, and we never registered above 2.8 m/kWh, finally averaging 2.7. On the return trip, we drove very good rural multi-lane roads, often devoid of any traffic, and mostly around 80-85 mph, but occasionally hitting 90 mph. However, we had a bit of a tailwind, and the trip ended with 3.0 m/kWh. It really brought home how much effect wind conditions can have on range.

So there are still bugs with the software and the charging infrastructure, and the range is a bit less than I expected. On the other hand, the driving itself was the most pleasant and physically comfortable five hours we both could remember spending in a car.

Yeah it really depends. They had all of the parts to service my car except the fascia for the front door handles, which took like a month to procure. So it seems really dependent on the part.

The Service Center told me they didn't have the airfoils on hand, but they would have them FedEx'd to me. They then showed me how to install them when they arrived (pretty straightforward). But a few minutes later the manager came into the waiting room and said he had called the parts manager, who was home sick. I was told Lucid is beginning to build inventory in their Service Centers based on the unfolding repair history with the cars, and it turned out they had just received a pair of airfoils. So they tracked them down and put them on my car then and there.

Second, when I input an address, the system gave us no choice of alternate routes such as our Tesla does. We wanted to come back a more rural route (which is given as an alternate route on Googlemaps), but I could get directions only by loading one leg of the trip to a midpoint town, driving to that terminus and then programming the second half of the trip.

I've successfully gotten around this by doing what you did except adding the 'midpoint town' as a stop in the directions. I've had to add two in the past in order to get it to use the route I prefer (we were doing Hwy1 down CA and it *really* wanted us on the efficient route rather than the 1, haha.

Third, as I was leaving the Service Center, I asked them how far it was to an Electrify America charging station. (They tried to charge us up at the Service Center but found their Level 3 charger was tripping the breaker repeatedly.) They told me there was a charging station under 10 miles away. So I hit the "Charging" icon on the Pilot Screen and called up charger locations. It brought up a very long list of Charge Point locations, with a few less common brands peppered in -- but not a single Electrify America station. I had to use the search feature to get the location of the Electrify America station which, at 7.8 miles away, was actually closer than some of the Charge Point locales that came up.

I haven't had the issue of it not finding an EA station, but god I wish I could filter the charging stations; I really don't want to use ChargePoint while I have EA and my god there are like 1000 of those CP stations no matter where I go.

I've successfully gotten around this by doing what you did except adding the 'midpoint town' as a stop in the directions. I've had to add two in the past in order to get it to use the route I prefer (we were doing Hwy1 down CA and it *really* wanted us on the efficient route rather than the 1, haha.

I haven't had the issue of it not finding an EA station, but god I wish I could filter the charging stations; I really don't want to use ChargePoint while I have EA and my god there are like 1000 of those CP stations no matter where I go.

Once I got a route programmed in, the system actually gave very clear and precise directions, both via graphics and audio. (There was a new roundabout at the intersection of two rural highways that confused it, but the paint was almost still wet on this roundabout.) But, jeez, calling up the route you want can be a real hassle, and the charging locations feature is pretty much useless.

Once I got a route programmed in, the system actually gave very clear and precise directions, both via graphics and audio. (There was a new roundabout at the intersection of two rural highways that confused it, but the paint was almost still wet on this roundabout.) But, jeez, calling up the route you want can be a real hassle, and the charging locations feature is pretty much useless.
Just say "Alexa, find me a Electrify America station nearby"

Just say "Alexa, find me a Electrify America station nearby"

The Alexa "hints" say to use the phrase "Alexa, take me to . . . " for navigation. So I tried "Alexa, take me to the nearest Electrify America station" and a couple of similar phrases. Alexa is a very primitive voice recognition system if it requires an exact phrase instead of normal conversational English to execute a command.

The Alexa "hints" say to use the phrase "Alexa, take me to . . . " for navigation. So I tried "Alexa, take me to the nearest Electrify America station" and a couple of similar phrases. Alexa is a very primitive voice recognition system if it requires an exact phrase instead of normal conversational English to execute a command.
Alexa is actually a guy and can't read between the lines. He/she needs it spelled out exactly what you want..:p

The Service Center told me they didn't have the airfoils on hand, but they would have them FedEx'd to me. They then showed me how to install them when they arrived (pretty straightforward). But a few minutes later the manager came into the waiting room and said he had called the parts manager, who was home sick. I was told Lucid is beginning to build inventory in their Service Centers based on the unfolding repair history with the cars, and it turned out they had just received a pair of airfoils. So they tracked them down and put them on my car then and there.
What are the airfoils supposed to help with?

They help cool the lights, service told me. They’re rubber and mine also got scraped / one of the fasteners got lost because of my garage.

(I live on an extremely steep hill)

From their appearance, it seems they deflect the airflow around the bottom of the front tires.

It's hard to be sure, as we drove home on a different route from the one we took over to the Service Center. But we did notice a bit less wind noise on the ride back as well as the better range. However, that is more likely due to the fact that we were driving into a headwind on the way over and with a tailwind on the return trip.

They're made of rubber or a very pliable plastic:

IMG_1014.jpg

The round trip today was just over 300 miles. The only software issues we had related to the navigation system. First, when we made a rest stop, the nav system erased the destination. We had to reprogram the route every time we got back into the car. Second, when I input an address, the system gave us no choice of alternate routes such as our Tesla does. We wanted to come back a more rural route (which is given as an alternate route on Googlemaps), but I could get directions only by loading one leg of the trip to a midpoint town, driving to that terminus and then programming the second half of the trip. Third, as I was leaving the Service Center, I asked them how far it was to an Electrify America charging station. (They tried to charge us up at the Service Center but found their Level 3 charger was tripping the breaker repeatedly.) They told me there was a charging station under 10 miles away. So I hit the "Charging" icon on the Pilot Screen and called up charger locations. It brought up a very long list of Charge Point locations, with a few less common brands peppered in -- but not a single Electrify America station. I had to use the search feature to get the location of the Electrify America station which, at 7.8 miles away, was actually closer than some of the Charge Point locales that came up.

And . . . this trip included our first try with an Electrify America charger. There were four charging positions. One was occupied by a Hyundai Ioniq 5. The first charger we pulled up to was out of service. We went to another charger (150 kW), which recognized our car and Lucid account. However, after less than two minutes of charging, it terminated the session and e-mailsd me a statement for the session. I had to unplug the car and start over, at which point the station brought the battery from 37% to 96% in the ~40 minutes we spent at the sushi restaurant next door.

Another thing was our range. We drove over via Alligator Alley. Traffic was moderate, the weather was clear, and the temperature ranged from 77-80 degrees. I set the cruise control for 81 mph (which is actually 79 mph per our more accurate GPS tracker). The whole trip was into a stiff headwind, and we never registered above 2.8 m/kWh, finally averaging 2.7. On the return trip, we drove very good rural multi-lane roads, often devoid of any traffic, and mostly around 80-85 mph, but occasionally hitting 90 mph. However, we had a bit of a tailwind, and the trip ended with 3.0 m/kWh. It really brought home how much effect wind conditions can have on range.

So there are still bugs with the software and the charging infrastructure, and the range is a bit less than I expected. On the other hand, the driving itself was the most pleasant and physically comfortable five hours we both could remember spending in a car.

Thank you so so much! Different folks are looking for different features but your review ticked my boxes (range plus performance and initial gremlins). Please keep posting your experiences.

Back