• ⚠ MARKETPLACE RULES ⚠

1. Photos Required. Post your own taken photo(s) of the item you are selling. No generic/stock photo(s) allowed.
    2. Be detailed. Please be detailed with your listing including pricing, location, specifications, and reason for selling (optional).
    3. No promotion or spam. Self-promotion, promotion of your business, or posting spam isn't allowed.
    4. No sabotaging listings. If you don't agree on an asking price for a vehicle or item, scroll by. The marketplace is not a place for negative discussions or criticisms.
    5. Lucid related items only. This marketplace is for Lucid vehicles or related items only.
    6. Listing Status. To keep things organized, please update your listing if the item is sold or no longer available.
    7. Transactions are between the parties involved. You are dealing with an online stranger. Please use the same common sense as you would when doing an online payment. We strongly recommend doing all proper due diligence with anyone here on the forums to avoid being scammed or losing any money!

FS: 2023 Lucid Air Touring

sellinglucid

I have a 2023 Lucid Air Touring for sale in San Antonio Tx.
1300 miles, bought it 2 months ago, and don't drive it as much as I thought I would. I have attached pictures and a spec sheet. I don't know if this is the best method of selling it, if there are easier more convenient methods your advice would be appreciated. I also don't know what to price it at. You can PM me with offers, thank you!

Attachments

• PHOTO-2023-02-02-19-56-55.jpeg
    PHOTO-2023-02-02-19-56-55.jpeg
    103.5 KB · Views: 260
  • PHOTO-2023-02-02-19-56-56.jpeg
    PHOTO-2023-02-02-19-56-56.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 239
  • PHOTO-2023-02-02-19-56-57.jpeg
    PHOTO-2023-02-02-19-56-57.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 241
  • PHOTO-2023-02-02-19-56-57_2.jpeg
    PHOTO-2023-02-02-19-56-57_2.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 223
  • PHOTO-2023-02-02-19-56-57_3.jpeg
    PHOTO-2023-02-02-19-56-57_3.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_8536.jpeg
    IMG_8536.jpeg
    27.6 KB · Views: 266
  • PHOTO-2023-02-02-19-54-51.jpeg
    PHOTO-2023-02-02-19-54-51.jpeg
    36.4 KB · Views: 266
Surely the simple answer is to drive it more!

Where to sell depends on how quickly you need to sell it. CarsAndBids will get it gone inside of a couple of weeks but at some financial cost - but assuming you got legacy pricing, Lucid credit and tax credit you should end up in an OK place. Autotrader, cars.com etc if you don't mind taking a little longer and dealing with potentially time-wasting inquiries. To my own surprise, I sold my previous two EVs quickly and easily through facebook.

Love that colour combination, btw.

Do my eyes deceive me? Do you have two other Lucids in your possession?

I'll reach out to see if I know anyone interested in that color combination.

These are showroom pics, I can update with pics of it in my garage if needed. Thanks for the insight!

Surely the simple answer is to drive it more!

Where to sell depends on how quickly you need to sell it. CarsAndBids will get it gone inside of a couple of weeks but at some financial cost - but assuming you got legacy pricing, Lucid credit and tax credit you should end up in an OK place. Autotrader, cars.com etc if you don't mind taking a little longer and dealing with potentially time-wasting inquiries. To my own surprise, I sold my previous two EVs quickly and easily through facebook.

Love that colour combination, btw.
What do you think is a good asking price?

These are showroom pics, I can update with pics of it in my garage if needed. Thanks for the insight!
Gosh, why would you post showroom pics of an unknown car.
Of course post pics of YOUR car (not your neighbor's car, lol).
And snap pics from every angle.

there should probably be a basic format/minimum requirements for classified posts to streamline and prevent fishing

Which makes me wonder….
Point of the pics is to show the car in its cleanest form of pics I have, from the dealership floor. If you're interested come see it in person. San Antonio Tx. DM With an offer and we can meet up you can check It out.

I put 2600 miles on my first touring (black, santa cruz, SSP, DDP, glass roof-MSRP $127 but paid legacy price and got the tax credit) and sold it for $105k via ebay to a dealer. He then drove it for a month and 1000 miles and sold it on ebay for $85k!!! The resale value of these cars drop like a stone. I'd suggest you drive the car. I love my second Touring already at 2500 miles in 5 weeks. Bring a Trailer and Cars and Bids have less visibility than eBay, and will decrease the final selling price by $4-5000. Those sites are best for collectible cars, not daily drivers. Ebay only charges $49-$79 to sell a car.

Last edited:
I put 2600 miles on my first touring (black, santa cruz, SSP, DDP, glass roof-MSRP $127 but paid legacy price and got the tax credit) and sold it for $105k via ebay to a dealer. He then drove it for a month and 1000 miles and sold it on ebay for $85k!!! The resale value of these cars drop like a stone. I'd suggest you drive the car. I love my second Touring already at 2500 miles in 5 weeks. Bring a Trailer and Cars and Bids have less visibility than eBay, and will decrease the final selling price by $4-5000. Those sites are best for collectible cars, not daily drivers. Ebay only charges $49-$79 to sell a car.

CarsandBids have a lot of visibility. THe $99k GTP that sold was promoted by Matt Farrah who has million + subscribers and you see the view count on the listing.

The price on CarsandBids is about $4k lower because bidders are charged a 4% commission. I sold a car on CarsandBids and it was worth it because it allows you to interact more with the buyer base and CarsandBids has standards for the car being listed and importantly they charge bidders when they bid so it ensures the transaction is completed.

On eBay you have a lot of flakers that will bid a car and then not pay. Like the first listing you posted, that buyer backed out and who knows if the 2nd buyer went through with it.

Also ebay is kind of like autotrader, you arrive and still negotiate. The used market for Lucids is not good right now and Lucid has plenty of inventory of Touring models available. Also it seems to be a better option to lease them these days for $1,500 and not be exposed to the health of the company and possible depreciation.

That said, if you don't want to sell at market, there is always the option to just continue enjoying the ride?

Value drops are not isolated to Lucid as Teslas are also dropping because of Tesla price cuts. Which also impacts Lucid prices and resale.

Haven’t figured out how to send private message on here, so thought I’d see if this has sold. I’m in San Antonio.

Pure on order at legacy price, but looking at Touring on resale market.

Haven’t figured out how to send private message on here, so thought I’d see if this has sold. I’m in San Antonio.

Pure on order at legacy price, but looking at Touring on resale market.
Unknown if this one has sold but I have a touring as well with 5k miles bought in March. White/Tahoe interior with SSP and 20 inch wheels that I’m looking to sell. Looking for around 92k. Let me know if you are interested.

Unknown if this one has sold but I have a touring as well with 5k miles bought in March. White/Tahoe interior with SSP and 20 inch wheels that I’m looking to sell. Looking for around 92k. Let me know if you are interested.
Thanks, still procrastinating. location?

Why are you selling? Also, in previous messages you state you registered the car from new jersey..

Back