Front Camera Blurry Area

GratefulMed

Reaction score
Since 2.4.4, I’ve noticed a hazy gray area of skiing the area right in front of the car on the 360 view making it hard to park against sidewalks without scraping the bottom. The rear of the car is completely clear on the 360 view. I’m enclosing pictures showing how a broom is not visible when you get close to it simulating what a curb looks like. Is this the normal appearance or do I have a front camera malfunction?

Attachments

• IMG_4739.webp
    IMG_4739.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 3,858
  • IMG_4738.webp
    IMG_4738.webp
    2.1 MB · Views: 2,015
normal, it can't see that close to the bumper

Since 2.4.4, I’ve noticed a hazy gray area of skiing the area right in front of the car on the 360 view making it hard to park against sidewalks without scraping the bottom. The rear of the car is completely clear on the 360 view. I’m enclosing pictures showing how a broom is not visible when you get close to it simulating what a curb looks like. Is this the normal appearance or do I have a front camera malfunction?
Mine has been like that since I got it 18 months ago, whatever update we were on back then. Ideally, if you're pulling in forward, the edge if that should be your limit. You can go beyond that, and I sometimes do. But then again, I'm on my third replacement set of air dams. So I'm sure that is a good guide to follow.

normal, it can't see that close to the bumper
But it sees behind the car completely clearly right up to the car. The picture I included shows this. It seems odd that you could not see clearly in front of the car where you need to park against the curb. Can others confirm that this is how theirs looks?

But it sees behind the car completely clearly right up to the car. The picture I included shows this. It seems odd that you could not see clearly in front of the car where you need to park against the curb. Can others confirm that this is how theirs looks?
I have DD premium/360. Mine is this way as well.

I guess that’s just the way it is. Very odd to me. My last car was a Porsche Panamera from 2016 and it showed things in front of the car absolutely clearly. There’s no way this is somehow inherent to such a system.

The position of the front camera is recessed a bit into the grill for better aerodynamics. Hence, the grill blocks the view down. That is one tradeoff for getting such good efficiency.

Going for a third year, it has always been that way for me.

Back