Formula E

MarathonGuy

“As before, manufacturers will design and build their own rear MGUs. But the front MGU will be common across each team, supplied by Atieva, part of the same company that includes Lucid Motors. Atieva previously supplied battery packs for the Gen2 car, so it is no stranger to Formula E.”

So front MGU by Atieva, but Williams is doing the batteries. Interesting.

And strangely enough, the press release that Lucid makes the front drive unit came out today, although the press release makes it sound like it’s a new drive unit to replace the one that Atieva/Lucid already supplies? I dunno. It’s not the clearest PR piece I’ve ever seen.

I watched a video of Peter at a WEP Keynote - he talked about a smaller version of the motor.

That's how I took what he said. Now you'll be able to fit two motors in your airline overhead bag 😜

Comprising motor, inverter, differential and transmission all combined, the new motorsports drive unit produces 469 horsepower – despite a weight of only 70.5 pounds (32 kilos) – and is capable of a max rotor speed of 19,500 rpm. It features the same state-of-the-art high-voltage continuous wave winding and proprietary microjet cooling system that can be found in the motors powering the Lucid Air sports sedan.

Pretty impressive density!

Not sure if Air Pure RWD will be using that before mass production.

Back