Floor mats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill55

Verified Owner
Cars
Sapphire - Dream Edition
DE Number
I got this mat from a post somewhere on the site. I don't think there was a picture.
Motortrend deep well OF-923-GR from Amazon. I got the grey.
The mat is trimmable. The picture is of a full sized mat right out of the box.
This is not going to be my longterm floor mat, but will be in the car for my cross country trip.

Attachments

• IMG_1389.jpeg
    IMG_1389.jpeg
    268.4 KB · Views: 675
i bought the same ones. Hydbob recommended them! My only problem is I don't have my DE yet, just the mats!!

Can anyone recommend floor mats that are a little bit more aesthetically pleasing than the rubber mats? I'm sure those rubber mats are heavy duty and get the job done. But, are there any other types that folks here have used and can recommend? Thanks.

I understand wanting to use protective mats during the winter in areas with a lot of snow, slush, and mud. But for mild weather conditions, putting mats over the very nice mats that come with the car strikes me as akin to putting plastic covers over the living room furniture, thereby making it look worse in the pursuit of keeping it looking better. I'm sure Lucid will sell replacement mats once the originals get beyond the reach of an occasional shampoo. Why not just go that route and have the interior look as nice as intended meanwhile? We've hit 1,000 miles with the car, and the blonde mats still look brand new, even in the driver's footwell.

I understand wanting to use protective mats during the winter in areas with a lot of snow, slush, and mud. But for mild weather conditions, putting mats over the very nice mats that come with the car strikes me as akin to putting plastic covers over the living room furniture, thereby making it look worse in the pursuit of keeping it looking better. I'm sure Lucid will sell replacement mats once the originals get beyond the reach of an occasional shampoo. Why not just go that route and have the interior look as nice as intended meanwhile? We've hit 1,000 miles with the car, and the blonde mats still look brand new, even in the driver's footwell.
Because my 3 kids are terrors on anything light colored.

Because my 3 kids are terrors on anything light colored.

That could certainly quality as "winter conditions". I suspect, though, that relatively few Lucid Air buyers will have three small kids in the car very often. I just think that the factory floor mats will hold up fine in a car used mostly by adults in non-winter weather conditions.

My only worry is that, unless the Santa Monica interior is eventually brought back for other trim levels, those mats may be hard to find down the road. I'm thinking about buying an extra set (and maybe two extra pairs for the front) as soon as they become available just to have them on hand if ever needed.

Every car I've owned I've installed WeatherTech mats right at delivery and saved the original mats stored in a sealed plastic bag. Then when I sell the car I put those original mats back in and they look great and you even get some "new car" smell back. I've found the WeatherTech mats are very good and generally look decent. Unfortunately, they don't have a set yet for the Lucid Dream Edition.

The factory mats in the Air really would be hard to beat looks-wise with any aftermarket mat. For those who haven't seen them, here are close-ups of the front and rear mats, with stitched leather edges and the Air logo embroidered into leather inserts. The mats are also very firmly anchored to the floor, and I don't know that aftermarket mats would attach so securely. It seems kind of a shame to save these mats for the next owner and not enjoy them yourself.

IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0946.jpg

I wish the factory mats were longer in front to cover the slope in the footwell. These motortrend mats for me are not suitable for daily use, but I’ll use them on a as needed basis. I understand there are many locals that need a better looking daily use mat that can resist snow, mud, etc. I‘ll be a buyer also once there is a better choice. My driver side mat looks good after 1100 miles of daily use with no conditions worse than the beach and a little rain.

You definitely have a good point. If in fact I can buy an additional set then perhaps I will do that and use the original ones. We’ll have to wait and see if they will sell me a set. In the interim, once I actually have the car, I’ll use the rubber ones.

Totally agree with @hmp10 here, assuming you can buy an extra set or two of the original mats. I split my year between Florida and CT and will likely leave the AGT up north for the winter so will go ahead with the installed mats which look awesome.

Every car I've owned I've installed WeatherTech mats right at delivery and saved the original mats stored in a sealed plastic bag. Then when I sell the car I put those original mats back in and they look great and you even get some "new car" smell back. I've found the WeatherTech mats are very good and generally look decent. Unfortunately, they don't have a set yet for the Lucid Dream Edition.
I’ve been using 3D Maxpider mats in my cars. They’re a bit more, but they look great, fit well and have excellent wear characteristics. They’re also very easy to clean. Unfortunately they tend not to make them for low volume cars. They didn’t have them for the e-Tron when I last looked.

I have a feeling we will all have to wait for Lucid to release their own, which is supposedly in the pipeline.

The Costa Mesa service team detailed my car when they had it and the mats and the whole car came back looking like the day I first picked it up. There must be some kind of coating on the mats and carpeting from the factory.

I just sent a request to Tuxmat for mats for the GT. For another low-volume EV we have (Volvo XC40 P8) they were willing to do it if someone was willing to drive their car to the Toronto office for scanning. It worked for the Volvo.

Can anyone recommend floor mats that are a little bit more aesthetically pleasing than the rubber mats? I'm sure those rubber mats are heavy duty and get the job done. But, are there any other types that folks here have used and can recommend? Thanks.
Yes, I bought off white matching carpets for my Dream Edition from Kohls.

The size is perfect and fit the front each side. For back I had to use two separate ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back