Floor mats!

3D is live to order for GTs. TuxMat should also be going live soon to order for GTs. I asked both if they would only sell me the front mats because the rears would not fit a Pure, 3D said no, TuxMat said yes
What did Tuxmat say about when they could ship for GTs?

Just asked TuxMats a moment ago about Touring mats, and the online chat rep says they would still need a Touring to scan.

I asked 3D Maxpider last night about frunk and trunk mats for the GT, and they said:
"
Rear Cargo Liner, SKU # M1LU0001309 currently under development. (ETA 7-9 months)
Front "Frunk" Cargo Liner, currently under development. (ETA 7-9 months)
"

Not good news for Touring and Pure owners. Even worse for those with Tahoe interiors.
Per 3D Mats USA:

Hi there.

We are only manufacturing in colors Gray, and Black.

Tan/Beige will not be developed as the color dye factory has been out of production.

Products for model trims Touring & Pure are being developed, as our Grand Touring product does not fit.

Please check back in the next 7-9 months.

Thank you.

Regards,
7-9 months??? Is that for Touring & Pure?

7-9 months??? Is that for Touring & Pure?
Yes, Melissa confirmed that with an email. I don't think the numbers matter. If they can produce a product for the AGT, then they will definitely make one for the Pure/Touring. The Pure will probably outsell all the other Airs combined, so that shouldn't be an issue. Hopefully the 7-9 months is a WAG. After all, the fronts are essentially done. Unless I'm wrong, the fronts for all Airs are identical.

I ordered the 3D grey mats yesterday. A pity that the $275 Lucid mats do not cover the carpet and have fasteners that rust and stain the carpets. FWIW, Lucid seems to think that sending me another set of the same mats will somehow solve the rust problem. It would have been better if Lucid acknowledged its faulty, non-utilitarian design and just refunded the $275, but in my initial post about the rust staining with a photo of the bottom of the mat I was not optimistic about redesigned Lucid mates or a refund for the sub-standard ones.

I ordered the 3D grey mats yesterday. A pity that the $275 Lucid mats do not cover the carpet and have fasteners that rust and stain the carpets. FWIW, Lucid seems to think that sending me another set of the same mats will somehow solve the rust problem. It would have been better if Lucid acknowledged its faulty, non-utilitarian design and just refunded the $275, but in my initial post about the rust staining with a photo of the bottom of the mat I was not optimistic about redesigned Lucid mates or a refund for the sub-standard ones.
Interesting. The metal on my mats is not rusting at all after several washes.

Yes, Melissa confirmed that with an email. I don't think the numbers matter. If they can produce a product for the AGT, then they will definitely make one for the Pure/Touring. The Pure will probably outsell all the other Airs combined, so that shouldn't be an issue. Hopefully the 7-9 months is a WAG. After all, the fronts are essentially done. Unless I'm wrong, the fronts for all Airs are identical.
I think I may order the black 3D mats and just continue to use the Motor Trend beige mats I currently have for the back in my Touring with tahoe interior. Motor Trend beige matches pretty well.

Why is it interesting?
Interesting that they suggested sending you new ones. I’m wondering if they’ve changed the metal they are using to stainless steel.

Interesting that they suggested sending you new ones. I’m wondering if they’ve changed the metal they are using to stainless steel.
I trust that they will have or will switch to stainless steel fasteners to attach the Air logos to the mats, but since they do not cover enough of either front seat carpeted areas I will go with the 3D mats. My SM forwarded the report and photo of the corroded fasteners to Lucid. Glad that your carpet was not stained.

Thanks! Ordered the Grey 3D Kagu for AGT with Mohave Interior. Use MADDIE3D10 coupon code for $10 off. Free shipping for orders >$100.

I think I may order the black 3D mats and just continue to use the Motor Trend beige mats I currently have for the back in my Touring with tahoe interior. Motor Trend beige matches pretty well.
I have the black 3D mats on my Mini and they are really a dark gray. I'm going to wait and get the gray ones. That may be a perfect match for the front seats.

I have the black 3D mats on my Mini and they are really a dark gray. I'm going to wait and get the gray ones. That may be a perfect match for the front seats.
Thanks for the info! I’ll take a look at the gray.

Back