Fisker Ocean - This is the Worst Car I’ve Ever Reviewed ~ MKBHD

Tesla2.0

Referral Code - F0ZQ8SWA
Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
F0ZQ8SWA

Lucid should send him a Gravity to review.
I do like the paint color. No frunk? Software complaints about a new startup EV company sounds familiar...😏

Thanks Crayfish. But that's a preliminary prototype review - he didn't even get a chance to drive it. Although "you can hang out in the front trunk" is a pretty good quote!🤣

Thanks Crayfish. But that's a preliminary prototype review - he didn't even get a chance to drive it. Although "you can hang out in the front trunk" is a pretty good quote!🤣
Yeah they should let him try the gravity prototype like they let throttle house.

I found it funny that Fisker wouldn't give him a review unit, and begged him to not review once he found another one to check out. But in all fairness, it seems like most of Fisker's issues can be addressed via OTA. They just need to hop to it!

He should have waited till the updates, pretty sleazy thing to do. He just wants clicks, another self serving YouTuber

He should have waited till the updates, pretty sleazy thing to do. He just wants clicks, another self serving YouTuber
Why? You can review things in a snapshot of time. Just make another review later.

Nah - I can buy this car right now; it’s useful to know about its state.

The early Air reviewers weren’t lying about the original software. It sucked a lot. Didn’t stop me from buying it, and is many orders of magnitude better now, but it is accurate to say that it was complete shite when released.

In fact, I’d argue the progress is more impressive, assuming Fisker can fix it like Lucid did.

I disagree it was sleazy. YES, it'd be sleazy if he got his hands on a pre-production, not-for-sale prototype and did this type of review, but he reviewed a car they're SELLING and DELIVERING to real customers who paid full price for it. Therefore, fair game to review it today, as long as it had the latest software that was available at the time of the review, which he did.

Once a company is selling their product to the public, then anyone can review it. Given MKBHD's prominence, I'm sure they wished he'd wait for a software update that'd make it better, and I guess they can ask nicely, but he's not under any obligation to delay his review for an update. Else he'd forever be delaying reviews as each OTA-updatable EV would probably always want him to get the "next" release.

I disagree it was sleazy. YES, it'd be sleazy if he got his hands on a pre-production, not-for-sale prototype and did this type of review, but he reviewed a car they're SELLING and DELIVERING to real customers who paid full price for it. Therefore, fair game to review it today, as long as it had the latest software that was available at the time of the review, which he did.

Once a company is selling their product to the public, then anyone can review it. Given MKBHD's prominence, I'm sure they wished he'd wait for a software update that'd make it better, and I guess they can ask nicely, but he's not under any obligation to delay his review for an update. Else he'd forever be delaying reviews as each OTA-updatable EV would probably always want him to get the "next" release.
Ok, not sleazy but he could have been more considerate. Maybe I’m too nice to be a YouTuber reviewer! But I do want all EV’s to succeed, whatever the company.

My understanding is he is a top tier reviewer, and the videos of his I have seen show solid knowledge, approach and construction.
Perhaps have a broader look at his work
I thought the VinFast is supposed to be the worst car out there

My understanding is he is a top tier reviewer, and the videos of his I have seen show solid knowledge, approach and construction.
Perhaps have a broader look at his work
I thought the VinFast is supposed to be the worst car out there
Yep Vinfast I agree. But I bet you in 20 years they will be a force to be reckoned with like Kia/Hyundai

Back