MKBHD Lucid Review #2

Is he correct you can't have music on one screen and navigation on the other? (Still waiting for my Touring so no experience with the UI)

Is he correct you can't have music on one screen and navigation on the other? (Still waiting for my Touring so no experience with the UI)
Correct. The navigation turn by turn will now show on the glass cockpit but as of yet, you still can’t run one app on the bottoms screen and another on the top.

Hopefully a future update will allow this but for now the turn by turn addition to the cockpit was a good compromise.

The intro graphics in this video were amazing

Yes. The pilot panel the lower panel is pretty well done. The upper panel is awful. The recent big update did fix boot time, but made only a minor UI change to the upper screen. The whole concept of moving content between screens on an interface you use while driving is flawed. Hopefully there will be a significant UI update in the future.

...Hopefully there will be a significant UI update in the future.
My latest tea leaves reading revealed major UI 2.04 update at the end of 2022

My latest tea leaves reading revealed major UI 2.04 update at the end of 2022
Could you send me some of that tea? I really think thisis Lucids biggest software stumble, not being able to run music and Nav at the same time on the pilot panel and upper centrol. I could care less about the gimmick of moving info from the upper to lower screen

MKBHD reviewed the Lucid Air again, this time 5 years later

I actually like his channel. Some influencers are very amp’s up talking and making endless bias comments. I like to hear influencers can share all perspectives.

Could you send me some of that tea? I really think thisis Lucids biggest software stumble, not being able to run music and Nav at the same time on the pilot panel and upper centrol. I could care less about the gimmick of moving info from the upper to lower screen
I assume what Lucid originally had in mind was to design pilot panel as strictly SETTINGS panel like in real AIRplane, and infotainment stuffs as in cockpit panel as frequent go to switches. Good thing it’s not hardware switches set in stone like HVAC buttons, all can be dynamically changed later from customers inputs and preferences. From what I have seen of recent relentless pushing of OTA updates, Lucid is a car that will age well down the road unlike my other cars.

Got this info from a friendly Lucid's customer care guy. He didn't want to reveal anything else, saying, "just wait, you will be realy impressed".
2.024 fixed a lot of issues, not all of them. I'm trusting the guy with the info and more so I'm trusting Lucid to continuously working on software improvements.

I always enjoy Brownlee's reviews. He doesn't make it about him and gives you what appears to be an unbiased opinion, if that is possible. Good stuff!

I assume what Lucid originally had in mind was to design pilot panel as strictly SETTINGS panel like in real AIRplane, and infotainment stuffs as in cockpit panel as frequent go to switches. Good thing it’s not hardware switches set in stone like HVAC buttons, all can be dynamically changed later from customers inputs and preferences. From what I have seen of recent relentless pushing of OTA updates, Lucid is a car that will age well down the road unlike my other cars.
They should have set a few common things in stone, meaning physical buttons, like lock/unlock the doors, adjust the steering wheel, HomeLink, etc.

They should have set a few common things in stone, meaning physical buttons, like lock/unlock the doors, adjust the steering wheel, HomeLink, etc.
But then we wouldn't get things like de-ice mode or the new frunk button. I'm cool with screen buttons as long as they are static and not buried somewhere else

But then we wouldn't get things like de-ice mode or the new frunk button. I'm cool with screen buttons as long as they are static and not buried somewhere else
How can I access de-ice mode? Is there a separate button to it?
Before 2.0 update it was activated automatically with a front windshield defrost button. What has changed?

How can I access de-ice mode? Is there a separate button to it?
Before 2.0 update it was activated automatically with a front windshield defrost button. What has changed?
I think with 2.0.15 they put a deice mode on the left cockpit panel, right next to the front and read defrost

I think with 2.0.15 they put a deice mode on the left cockpit panel, right next to the front and read defrost
Yup, just checked it, it's there. Thank you.

Back