First recorded 60-130 pull. 32 degrees out.

Had some wheelspin right off the bat, but hooked surprisingly well considering the temp!

Also ran some 0-60's but a ton of wheelspin. Still managed 2.3 with 1 foot rollout. Car is ridiculous
You forgot to mention that it happened in Mexico!

And yeah, thats insane acceleration.. handles it like a champ! Pulling 1g at a roll from 80 is absolutely bonkers. How is the stability at those speeds?

Absolutely! Day grip to chilly Mexico on a closed course, of course. Car is absolutely rock solid.
Gee, that must be a long racetrack straight that has a hairpin at the end of the straight... maybe thats why I see a car going the other way! 🤣

The car does indeed look very stable, aerodynamically. Do post a full review once you've had it for longer!

Doug's reaction times are rather slow, except for the first one (lucky, I guess).
So 2,000 lbs advantage over the Sapphire and they put additional 4 passengers? How about 10 extra sand bags to make it "equalier"?
Silly show, but entertaining nevertheless.

Yeah the Audi jumped the 2 launches where they added weight to the Lucid (or did Doug react slower?), but I expected the Audi to win because of track tires and better power to weight ratio, so that was impressive that 2000 lbs more and only 200 HP more still beat a track car on racing tires. I’d really like to see real track times on a Sapphire as opposed to these silly straight line runs though.

Had some wheelspin right off the bat, but hooked surprisingly well considering the temp!

Also ran some 0-60's but a ton of wheelspin. Still managed 2.3 with 1 foot rollout. Car is ridiculous
Good to FINALLY see a Lucid on the Dragy App. Particularly a Sapphire. So 2.3 with rollout is bloody impressive.

One favour if you get a chance, 0-1/2 mile with video logging would be peachy.🙃

What’s also great is I always learn something new anytime David Lickfold speaks. I did not know that smooth mode actually front wheel drive biases the car, I thought it was just 50/50 AWD and then swift and sprint rear biased it more.

Oh man I wish. I don't have the roads around me to do that, and even if I did that's gonna be approx 180mph!

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/lucid-air-sapphire-prototype-first-test-review/

"The Lucid Air Sapphire test mule beats the Plaid, popping off a gut-punching 9.2-second quarter mile with a massive 157.1-mph trap speed."

"We ran the half mile with the Sapphire, which it did in 14.4 seconds at 187.3 mph. Madness. Utter madness."

Prototype yes. Indicative? Absolutely. So a few more MPH!

🙃

Now the REAL burning question is without it's limiter what do you think she can do, bearing in mind SIX YEARS ago~

I believe she'll one day top 250MPH +/- 5MPH. There's a reason why that numbers is important to at least me. 0-400-0km/h? Can't say, maybe one day at Kennedy Space Centre.

Coming home from Meeting today (St. Paddy's Day Parade in Philly) It took me 2 hours to drive 22 miles.
I have Doby Pro + Tidal Atmos.

no worries mate.

Oh, I've videoed that before, also in Mexico in 2022, just never posted it. Kudos!;)

Wondering, what tire set up did they use.

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/lucid-air-sapphire-prototype-first-test-review/

"The Lucid Air Sapphire test mule beats the Plaid, popping off a gut-punching 9.2-second quarter mile with a massive 157.1-mph trap speed."

"We ran the half mile with the Sapphire, which it did in 14.4 seconds at 187.3 mph. Madness. Utter madness."

Prototype yes. Indicative? Absolutely. So a few more MPH!

🙃

Now the REAL burning question is without it's limiter what do you think she can do, bearing in mind SIX YEARS ago~

I believe she'll one day top 250MPH +/- 5MPH. There's a reason why that numbers is important to at least me. 0-400-0km/h? Can't say, maybe one day at Kennedy Space Centre.
In motortrends first real test of the production car in Feb it ran a 14.5 at 185.3! Almost identical to prototype

Coming home from Meeting today (St. Paddy's Day Parade in Philly) It took me 2 hours to drive 22 miles.
I have Doby Pro + Tidal Atmos.

no worries mate.
This is the route I assume most Lucid owners take from Philly to DC to enjoy their car, am I correct?
1710122589796.png

Could someone (if you can that is) please tell me if at WOT (wide open throttle) at 100% SOC (state of charge) how long the Lucid Air Sapphire produces it's maximum quoted horsepower and torque figures?

Thanks.

Could someone (if you can that is) please tell me if at WOT (wide open throttle) at 100% SOC (state of charge) how long the Lucid Air Sapphire produces it's maximum quoted horsepower and torque figures?

Thanks.
paging @_DL_

Back