• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

First EA charge today

Unmutual

Cars
Unverified AGT Owner :)
150 kW charger. Started at 61 going to 88. Preconditioned. Max delivery was 80 kW, dropping into the 20s after 20 minutes or so. 30 minutes for 27 kW. Underwhelmed, but at least the charger recognized the Lucid and charged without problems, unlike the guy with the Leaf next to me.

150 kW charger. Started at 61 going to 88. Preconditioned. Max delivery was 80 kW, dropping into the 20s after 20 minutes or so. 30 minutes for 27 kW. Underwhelmed, but at least the charger recognized the Lucid and charged without problems, unlike the guy with the Leaf next to me.
What state of charge did you start and finish at?

As the car gets charged more, the rate of speed drops significantly. If you are a lower state of charge initially, you'll start off faster but then slow down. Often times the rate of charge is limited by the station itself. Some days I'm able to get 175kw off a 150kw, the next day, I'll only get 80kw on the same charger. Its hit or miss. But the convenience of just plugging in and having it start charging on its own is nice. I don't have to swipe or manually start it through the app like others have had to do.

You need to time charging well. Pulling in with a high SOC isn’t your friend. Chargers permitting, I will always try to run it down to 5% to 15%.

Went to the EA station today for a charge. Plugged in and was recognized immediately. Charged from 29% to 84% without a hitch. Took 1/2 hr.

No need to do the rigamarole of opening the phone, pressing the EA button, pressing the charge station button etc.

I guess EA and Lucid fixed the problem and things are back to normal the way they should be. Just plug in and charge.

Thank you Lucid for correcting this.

You need to time charging well. Pulling in with a high SOC isn’t your friend. Chargers permitting, I will always try to run it down to 5% to 15%.
5% seems dangerously low, you're not on a road trip when you do that right? I assume you're close enough to home or another level 2 incase the EA station doesn't work, right?

5% seems dangerously low, you're not on a road trip when you do that right? I assume you're close enough to home or another level 2 incase the EA station doesn't work, right?
LOL - @HC_79 likes to live on the edge. He's been down to 1% while needing a long downhill grade to get him home. 5% is a luxury to him.

After getting my car back from Lucid, I finally went back to EA to charge. I mistakeingly charged at home and charged fully so I had to wait awhile before going to EA. The first charger I plugged into instantly recognized the Lucid which was new for me but was charging at between 6-8 kw/. I called EA, and after about 10-15 minutes waiting, they checked the charger and they said that the car was not charging and suggested that I move to another charger. Luckily there was another charger available, plugged in and car was instantly recognized and started to charge at around 130 kw. I was at around 50 % SOC and went to 81 % in about 15 minutes so I was quite pleased. Hopefully this will be the norm from now on.

After getting my car back from Lucid, I finally went back to EA to charge. I mistakeingly charged at home and charged fully so I had to wait awhile before going to EA. The first charger I plugged into instantly recognized the Lucid which was new for me but was charging at between 6-8 kw/. I called EA, and after about 10-15 minutes waiting, they checked the charger and they said that the car was not charging and suggested that I move to another charger. Luckily there was another charger available, plugged in and car was instantly recognized and started to charge at around 130 kw. I was at around 50 % SOC and went to 81 % in about 15 minutes so I was quite pleased. Hopefully this will be the norm from now on.
This is super encouraging to hear. I will try this when I get my car back from Lucid. I’ve had 0 successful plug&charge sessions without some ridiculous intervention on my part.

Picked up my GT today from the guys (in Naples FL) who installed the PPF, window tint, and ceramic coatings. Don't know what charge the car had at actual delivery (to them) but as I drove off today, it had 157mi on the odo and only 109 miles of charge on it. Took it first to a Walmart parking lot (in the Florida midday heat, so left the A/C running b/c they told me not to put the windows down for the 3 days it’ll take the window tinting to 'cure') and went thru all the systems like lights, rear view mirrors, climate control, music (so I wouldn't make some stupid mistake on the actual road), THEN decided I needed to get her a charge b/f taking her to see some friends (whom I’d promised). Went to an 'Electrictrify America' (EA) location (the ONLY ONE in the area), where there were only 4 stations…. to my chagrin, it turned out two of 'em were out of service. Tried my best (after logging into the Lucid app and then the EA app, providing a credit card of course) to get the charger to 'recognize' the car… spent almost 3 hours trying to learn how to do it, but even with the help of the owners of a Porsche, Tesla S and Ford truck, could NEVER get the EA charger head to 'connect' to the car. Made the decision to head back to the house 28 miles away (b/c the next nearest charger is in Punta Gorda… 45 miles to the N) to charge the car at home. Got home (with all of 19 miles left on the battery) only to find out that the 240v plug is NOT the same as the dryer outlet… it’s a special configuration only for EVs.

So….. tonite she sits in the garage getting no more than 4 miles/hr from my std 120v outlet; I have to get up tomorrow and go to the hdwre store to pickup the special 240v plug that is required, then come home to rewire my dryer plug so I can charge the doggone thing. We have a ton of charging stations around here…. but I come to find they’re ONLY Tesla chargers… won’t accept non-Teslas. Can also use ChargePoint charging stations, but these aren’t free (for the first 3 years like EA’s are), and are usually at doc offices or college parking ramps, and often need a special passcode given only to residents or students. Huge bummer of a day....NOT at all what Lucid should deliver for this kind of $$ commitment.

To be fair, the ride and quiet is sublime, but the experience, like mine today, could be entirely ruined by the whole 'gotta get this sucker charged' hassle. Can’t believe they haven’t yet negotiated with Tesla to allow Lucid to provide a converter… if they don’t, it could kill both Lucid and every other EV that comes on the market.

Hoping this situation sorts itself out once I get to charge at home and hopefully EA get's its act together, but it sure makes the "Free charging for the first 3 years" a totally hollow benefit. What a joke. Hoping buying this car doesn't prove a H-U-G-E and C-O-S-T-L-Y mistake. Peter Rawlinson, you should be ashamed. My "customer experience" today was awful.

So….. tonite she sits in the garage getting no more than 4 miles/hr from my std 120v outlet; I have to get up tomorrow and go to the hdwre store to pickup the special 240v plug that is required, then come home to rewire my dryer plug so I can charge the doggone thing.
Be careful with this because your dryer is probably on a 30A circuit instead of the 50A circuit that the Lucid mobile charge uses with the NEMA 14-50 outlet. A simple adapter will not work since the car will try to draw 40A on the 30A circuit and trip the breaker. You would be better off getting a EVSE compatible with you dryer outlet.

I have to get up tomorrow and go to the hdwre store to pickup the special 240v plug that is required, then come home to rewire my dryer plug so I can charge the doggone thing
If you're unhappy now, wait till you change out the dryer 240V outlet. The plug types are specifically tied to the breaker and wiring to support a specific amperage. From the Lucid site, "Every Lucid vehicle comes with the Lucid Mobile Charging Cable, which charges up to 40 miles of range per hour of charge. Just plug it into a typical household NEMA 5-15 outlet, or get faster charging if you have NEMA 14-50 outlets — and you’re ready." The 5-15 outlet is for 15 amps, the 14-50 for 50 amps. Make sure you check your dryer circuit breaker for amp rating.

If you're unhappy now, wait till you change out the dryer 240V outlet. The plug types are specifically tied to the breaker and wiring to support a specific amperage. From the Lucid site, "Every Lucid vehicle comes with the Lucid Mobile Charging Cable, which charges up to 40 miles of range per hour of charge. Just plug it into a typical household NEMA 5-15 outlet, or get faster charging if you have NEMA 14-50 outlets — and you’re ready." The 5-15 outlet is for 15 amps, the 14-50 for 50 amps. Make sure you check your dryer circuit breaker for amp rating.
The NEMA 5-15 is for 120V.

Picked up my GT today from the guys (in Naples FL) who installed the PPF, window tint, and ceramic coatings. Don't know what charge the car had at actual delivery (to them) but as I drove off today, it had 157mi on the odo and only 109 miles of charge on it. Took it first to a Walmart parking lot (in the Florida midday heat, so left the A/C running b/c they told me not to put the windows down for the 3 days it’ll take the window tinting to 'cure') and went thru all the systems like lights, rear view mirrors, climate control, music (so I wouldn't make some stupid mistake on the actual road), THEN decided I needed to get her a charge b/f taking her to see some friends (whom I’d promised). Went to an 'Electrictrify America' (EA) location (the ONLY ONE in the area), where there were only 4 stations…. to my chagrin, it turned out two of 'em were out of service. Tried my best (after logging into the Lucid app and then the EA app, providing a credit card of course) to get the charger to 'recognize' the car… spent almost 3 hours trying to learn how to do it, but even with the help of the owners of a Porsche, Tesla S and Ford truck, could NEVER get the EA charger head to 'connect' to the car. Made the decision to head back to the house 28 miles away (b/c the next nearest charger is in Punta Gorda… 45 miles to the N) to charge the car at home. Got home (with all of 19 miles left on the battery) only to find out that the 240v plug is NOT the same as the dryer outlet… it’s a special configuration only for EVs.

So….. tonite she sits in the garage getting no more than 4 miles/hr from my std 120v outlet; I have to get up tomorrow and go to the hdwre store to pickup the special 240v plug that is required, then come home to rewire my dryer plug so I can charge the doggone thing. We have a ton of charging stations around here…. but I come to find they’re ONLY Tesla chargers… won’t accept non-Teslas. Can also use ChargePoint charging stations, but these aren’t free (for the first 3 years like EA’s are), and are usually at doc offices or college parking ramps, and often need a special passcode given only to residents or students. Huge bummer of a day....NOT at all what Lucid should deliver for this kind of $$ commitment.

To be fair, the ride and quiet is sublime, but the experience, like mine today, could be entirely ruined by the whole 'gotta get this sucker charged' hassle. Can’t believe they haven’t yet negotiated with Tesla to allow Lucid to provide a converter… if they don’t, it could kill both Lucid and every other EV that comes on the market.

Hoping this situation sorts itself out once I get to charge at home and hopefully EA get's its act together, but it sure makes the "Free charging for the first 3 years" a totally hollow benefit. What a joke. Hoping buying this car doesn't prove a H-U-G-E and C-O-S-T-L-Y mistake. Peter Rawlinson, you should be ashamed. My "customer experience" today was awful.
Your dryer is almost certainly not on a 50 amp breaker. Changing just the plug, the included charging cable with the 14-50 adaptor will probably trip the breaker. A 30 amp adapter is listed in the early charging manual, but I don’t think it has been made available.
1667964019439.png

i agree with Bill55. You’re better off just getting a 30 amp adaptor. But I think using the included lucid cord should be fine.

I’ve plugged a 16A charger into a 15A outlet that should only supply 12A and didn’t trip the breaker.

What was the error the station/car gave you? You shouldn't have to use the EA App at all to charge your Lucid as it should be done through the Lucid app. Either way, it should have been able to be started through EA station, but of course we know EA is...super reliable 😒

Hi, @Lucidcrazy.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I DM'd you for additional information.

Marqie

Back