Finally received notice that my DA has shipped

gmoney

Cars
Lucid Air Dream
Hello All,

I was one of those DA vehicle owners that had fit and finish issues and I received this email last night from my advisor:

Hello Giancarlo,

I hope you had a great weekend.

I am excited to announce that your vehicle is currently in transport and I do anticipate that your delivery is very likely for this week. We will be assigning a day-of-delivery advisor this week to schedule your day and time with you directly but based on what I am seeing, your vehicle has completed production.

“In Transportation” can mean that the car has been loaded onto a truck for transport but has not left the factory. It could also mean that it is already on the road and enroute to Chicago. The next update I will receive will be when it arrives in Chicago and goes through PDI (pre-delivery inspection). Once it passes inspection, it will then be transported to your location.

Best,

Leo Ashner | Headquarters Delivery Advisor

Congrats! I'm in Indianapolis so Oak Brook will be my Studio. Is the Goose Island Service Center open yet?

Great news!! Hopefully this is the beginning of a new sustained round of shipments!

I agree…it feels like a long time since order was confirmed but in hindsight less than 4 months

I agree…it feels like a long time since order was confirmed but in hindsight less than 4 months
We’ll be interested to know your DE # once you get it. Also if any Dream Drive items are functional??

I will post that info…but I am not really going to use Dream drive till March when I am going on my first long trip…so not having it active right away won’t inconvenience me much

Hello All,

I was one of those DA vehicle owners that had fit and finish issues and I received this email last night from my advisor:

Hello Giancarlo,

I am excited to announce that your vehicle is currently in transport and I do anticipate that your delivery is very likely for this week. We will be assigning a day-of-delivery advisor this week to schedule your day and time with you directly but based on what I am seeing, your vehicle has completed production.

“In Transportation” can mean that the car has been loaded onto a truck for transport but has not left the factory. It could also mean that it is already on the road and enroute to Chicago. The next update I will receive will be when it arrives in Chicago and goes through PDI (pre-delivery inspection). Once it passes inspection, it will then be transported to your location.

Best,

Great news!

Hello All,

Hello Giancarlo,

Best,

Great news and looking forward to see the pic. Please share your DE# and experience as well. Thank you and congrats!

1642011305762.gif

Hello All,

Hello Giancarlo,

Best,

when did you order your car and which model did you buy?

My reservation was March,2021 and I confirmed my order in September…where I asked for performance edition in Eureka Gold on 21’s….I got my VIN assumed in early December and I paid shortly after that….car is in DC and it’s going to be delivered this Wednesday to my home

I wish…vehicle had some issues that were discovered at pre delivery and it’s still in Chicago….the latest is waiting for some HVAC part.

We have now heard this type of situation in two of the most recent deliveries we know of. Owner pays and is notified that the car has been "shipped". Car reaches the Service Center to be prepped for delivery. Delivery has been postponed for "issues/errors". This is somewhat concerning...for us, and I am sure, for them.

I agree but I could have received a car with lots of issues and to be honest that would frustrate me even more….I am guessing that it was serious enough that would warrant a fix before delivery….they did make it sound like that “between the lines”

Can’t agree more…I am fortunate to have another vehicle but it is frustrating to pay for the car and paying for insurance without the actual delivered vehicle

Back