Finally received notice that my DA has shipped

I’m the other one with last minute “issues”.

The sales center seemed annoyed that I called to check on status yesterday and promised me an update by this afternoon. I’ll be calling them insisting on an update, as they have my money and my car now :(. I expect to at least be told what is wrong
Did they give you a loaner and if so, what was it?

The doors with the Dream currently have a traditional soft close feature but not the hard close feature where you push a button and door closes. That hard close feature requires a piston or something in the door frame. There is a much better explanation of it somewhere on this site by @hmp10.
So I guess it doesn’t work like my Tesla Model X where I can click on the close door icon on the touchscreen to close the door?

Is it known whether that feature is coming with future builds?

So I guess it doesn’t work like my Tesla Model X where I can click on the close door icon on the touchscreen to close the door?

MB yanked it from their EQS also. I’m guessing it’s related to chip shortage. Tesla is still doing it because you can’t open those doors otherwise

Not sure I would want this feature?? For closing the doors probably okay but for opening them I don't think so; too many chances of dinging the doors.

MB yanked it from their EQS also. I’m guessing it’s related to chip shortage. Tesla is still doing it because you can’t open those doors otherwise

Tesla did not include the power-operated doors in the Model S update, either. The Service Center Manager told me that Lucid ran into some sort of legal issues. Given that Mercedes has also dropped the feature and Tesla did not include it in their new flagship sedan, maybe the regulators are taking a look at this for some reason. The technology itself is certainly there for Lucid, as the Air has power-operated front and rear trunk lids.

Tesla did not include the power-operated doors in the Model S update, either. The Service Center Manager told me that Lucid ran into some sort of legal issues. Given that Mercedes has also dropped the feature and Tesla did not include it in their new flagship sedan, maybe the regulators are taking a look at this for some reason. The technology itself is certainly there for Lucid, as the Air has power-operated front and rear trunk lids.
probably too many clumsy people putting their fingers in the way.

Not sure I would want this feature?? For closing the doors probably okay but for opening them I don't think so; too many chances of dinging the doors.
On the Model X it’s awesome. Works all the time. Once you’re in the car you press the break pedal and the drivers door closes. I love it. But you’re right about opening. You can enable or disable it from the menu.

Afternoon,

I am officially a new Dream owner…vehicle was delivery to my Virginia home and my car number is 200. Took it for a spin after setting things up and everything seems to be working great (1.0.8)…this car feels way faster than my previous Mclaren 570s or even my Lamborghini Huracan EVO.

Attachments

• FEFF6F6E-DAF6-4952-ACBD-F6A2A7106135.jpeg
    FEFF6F6E-DAF6-4952-ACBD-F6A2A7106135.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 195
  • B152116F-5B09-4157-9C64-B30B32E422FE.jpeg
    B152116F-5B09-4157-9C64-B30B32E422FE.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 188
Afternoon,

I am officially a new Dream owner…vehicle was delivery to my Virginia home and my car number is 200. Took it for a spin after setting things up and everything seems to be working great (1.0.8)…this car feels way faster than my previous Mclaren 570s or even my Lamborghini Huracan EVO.
Congratulations. Its gonna be a different driving experience from the 570s and Huracan for sure. Enjoy and can't wait to hear more of your impressions with the car.

Yes…I kind of knew it was going to be different…the huge difference I have found so far is the acceleration from 50 to 100 plus….It just keeping pulling the car forward without the jerking from shifting gears with paddle shifters

Yes…I kind of knew it was going to be different…the huge difference I have found so far is the acceleration from 50 to 100 plus….It just keeping pulling the car forward without the jerking from shifting gears with paddle shifters
The high end pull is intoxicating. Very similar to the 720S in my mind but less visceral without that engine vibration, if you know what I mean.

I do…the lack of sound at speed is different but I actually like that especially in residential area

I do…the lack of sound at speed is different but I actually like that especially in residential area
Speed in a residential area! Surely, you meant thinking about all the speed you could tap once leaving the residential area. :)

It’s hard to drive a Lamborghini quietly no matter if you are going 25 or 100

The high end pull is intoxicating. Very similar to the 720S in my mind but less visceral without that engine vibration, if you know what I mean.
"Intoxicating" is a very apt description, especially since you don't feel the car moving out. The only thing that suggests your speed are the passing objects in your peripheral vision and the surprise when you glance at the speedometer reading!

gmoney will definitely need to consider a detector system in Virginia. You are going to get a LOT of eyes on your absolute gorgeous Eureka Gold. Enjoy!

Thx…I have one…but it is illegal in Virginia…The one I have needs a cigarette 12volt for power so I need to get an adapter and see if it reaching where the USB’s are located in the Lucid

Thx…I have one…but it is illegal in Virginia…The one I have needs a cigarette 12volt for power so I need to get an adapter and see if it reaching where the USB’s are located in the Lucid
Of course, I was thinking of the detector as a novelty item in Virginia. Yep, that's it! (Check out some earlier posts about interference from the canopy coating.)

Could always run a cable into the trunk

You can purchase a USB to cigarette lighter socket on Amazon for about $6. Then you probably will have to mount your detector in the lower right corner of the windshield to avoid the coating on the windshield.

Back