Finally here

Lucidcrazy

Cars
Lucid Air GT
Ordered my Air GT (Quantum w/21" wheels) on 5/8/22.. got a call today that it'll be delivered on Sunday evening 10/16 in Annapolis MD. Have arranged for it to be delivered to Frontguard Protections, a co. that does most of the McLarens that come into the MidAtlantic region. After a full day of 3 guys, 8 hours doing surface prep, they're applying an 8mil PPF coating over all the front-facing surfaces, then the following day, a ceramic coating over the entire car, including over the PPF, so gloss level is identical across all surfaces. I'm a guy who loves a clean car... I take my cars thru scratchless carwashes several x per week, so the ceramic coating is a must. Not big on hand waxing either. Cost for the PPF is $3K, ceramic another $4k. Figure I'll get most of that back at resale when the car still looks showroom... well, that's the hope. What are y'all doing to protect your Lucid from the inevitable road dings?

Ordered my Air GT (Quantum w/21" wheels) on 5/8/22.. got a call today that it'll be delivered on Sunday evening 10/16 in Annapolis MD. Have arranged for it to be delivered to Frontguard Protections, a co. that does most of the McLarens that come into the MidAtlantic region. After a full day of 3 guys, 8 hours doing surface prep, they're applying an 8mil PPF coating over all the front-facing surfaces, then the following day, a ceramic coating over the entire car, including over the PPF, so gloss level is identical across all surfaces. I'm a guy who loves a clean car... I take my cars thru scratchless carwashes several x per week, so the ceramic coating is a must. Not big on hand waxing either. Cost for the PPF is $3K, ceramic another $4k. Figure I'll get most of that back at resale when the car still looks showroom... well, that's the hope. What are y'all doing to protect your Lucid from the inevitable road dings?
Pretty much exactly what you are having done 😁

I can’t speak to the thickness as this is the first time I’ve ever done PPF or ceramic coating. But got the full car with Xpel Ultimate Stealth and ceramic coating on top.

I'm picking up my Lucid in a few days. Are you happy with Frontgaurd ? I am booked at Capital Wrappers near the Tysons Lucid pickup location. They have done 3 so far. They quoted me a full STEK wrap and ceramic for $8400. Also adding some tint. Do you know if Frontgaurd has done more than one Lucid? I don't see many on the street so most haven't wrapped any yet. Thanks for the reply.

Mark

Back