Fender Bender

vkb

Cars
GT
somebody hit our GT last night from the back :-(. there is quite a bit of damage on bumper. Lucid service is asking to go to a certified auto body shop which is a disappointment,. I was hoping they will replace the bumber, especially when the car is so new and not depend upon 3rd party body shops. Anybody has any experiences on this?

Thank you for the pointer. I wasn't really aware of diminished value claim, spoke to the insurance, it seems one needs to wait for repair and then file a separate claim for DV and it is very vague how the insurance calculates it (if they accept it). At least that is the information I got from the insurance.
I just finished the DV process on my GMC truck. After the repairs are complete, it comes down to a negotiation between you and the insurance company for the person at fault.You can find companies on the internet that will write up a value appraisal that you can submit to the insurance company. It’s a lot of negotiation and their first offer is very low. Three offers later we settled.

Been weeks for me and still the car has not even gone in for bumper replacement. Lucid needs to strengthen the ecosystem,
For some perspective - my daughter was told it would be a month and a half to two months before they could get to her Toyota for body work at an authorized shop.

somebody hit our GT last night from the back :-(. there is quite a bit of damage on bumper. Lucid service is asking to go to a certified auto body shop which is a disappointment,. I was hoping they will replace the bumber, especially when the car is so new and not depend upon 3rd party body shops. Anybody has any experiences on this?

Any update?

Sorry to hear that, Hydbob. It has been a pain, to say the least, getting repairs on Lucid. There are only 2 trained shops in entire Bay Area and both of them just don't have relationships, knowledge or maybe it is just pure red tapism - I don't know what, everything just moves at a snails pace. Been weeks for me and still the car has not even gone in for bumper replacement. Lucid needs to strengthen the ecosystem, what's the point in buying a top of the line car without dependable good ecosystem to get it right when things happen. It feels one is left stranded to figure it out themselves....
Was it the same for Tesla in the beginning?

Tesla body was there

not much - parts arrived at body shop but now they have a 4-6 weeks wait before they can get the car in. So its been 2 months already and probably another 2 to go :-(
Crap. My car is in the shop right now too, but no parts needed to repair, remove the rear bumper, sand/repaint and reinstall. $1875!! Guy who hit me didn't have insurance, but he was still an upstanding guy and came in to pay for the repairs out of pocket.

20220629_145700.jpg

Crap. My car is in the shop right now too, but no parts needed to repair, remove the rear bumper, sand/repaint and reinstall. $1875!! Guy who hit me didn't have insurance, but he was still an upstanding guy and came in to pay for the repairs out of pocket.

View attachment 3439
Sorry, but to me an upstanding guy has insurance that complies with the laws in your state. If it was a $20k repair they might not be so upstanding.

Somebody opened their car door and dented my rear right passenger door. It’s a tiny dent but it’s right along the edge of the panel that sticks out the furthest in the middle of the door so even though it’s a tiny pea sized dent it’s pretty noticeable. I should have parked further away from other cars but I thought because it was at work people would be careful. Oh well, I’ll get it fixed at some point, just don’t want to be without the car. Maybe when it’s time for 1 year service visit I’ll look into getting it fixed. I’ve accepted that making this thing my daily driver is going to result in some wear and tear, but do want to try and keep it as pristine as possible for as long as possible.

View attachment 3439
That’s impressive he covered it. Did you not have uninsured motorist coverage? I guess that would help the deductible cost but should cover some of it right?

That’s impressive he covered it. Did you not have uninsured motorist coverage? I guess that would help the deductible cost but should cover some of it right?
I do, but I gave him an opportunity to do the right thing and he did (minus the need to have insurance, but he's visiting from Indonesia...).

I do, but I gave him an opportunity to do the right thing and he did (minus the need to have insurance, but he's visiting from Indonesia...).
I agree - upstanding. He probably googled “Lucid” after the accident and offering to cover it and thought “oh crap” when he saw price though 😂

Somebody opened their car door and dented my rear right passenger door. It’s a tiny dent but it’s right along the edge of the panel that sticks out the furthest in the middle of the door so even though it’s a tiny pea sized dent it’s pretty noticeable. I should have parked further away from other cars but I thought because it was at work people would be careful. Oh well, I’ll get it fixed at some point, just don’t want to be without the car. Maybe when it’s time for 1 year service visit I’ll look into getting it fixed. I’ve accepted that making this thing my daily driver is going to result in some wear and tear, but do want to try and keep it as pristine as possible for as long as possible.

When my BMW 530e was parked someone hit both my passenger side doors putting dents in them. They are aluminum. The body shop tried repairing them (pretty much always a first requirement of insurance) but then found, as they expected, that they couldn't really repair aluminum doors and replaced both door skins. I don't know where I was when it happened and whoever did it to me did not stay around or leave a note.

So the door may need to have its skin replaced, not repaired.

not much - parts arrived at body shop but now they have a 4-6 weeks wait before they can get the car in. So its been 2 months already and probably another 2 to go :-(

Can you drive the car?
Lucid offer a loaner?

This is something that could happen to anyone...advice?

Bummer ... have you considered PDR? Those RI drivers are so wicked whude!! (coming from a former Rhode Islander)

Ok, this is a problem. I've noticed on numerous occasions that people almost rear end me. I alerted my service tech they said everything is working as it should. I think the brake lights are not sensitive enough. Car can slow down and stop without the brake lights illuminating. I watched through mirror and reflection on grill of car behind me, I didn't see lights until car went into "hold." Reaching out to service again. Can anyone else report similar?

Ok, this is a problem. I've noticed on numerous occasions that people almost rear end me. I alerted my service tech they said everything is working as it should. I think the brake lights are not sensitive enough. Car can slow down and stop without the brake lights illuminating. I watched through mirror and reflection on grill of car behind me, I didn't see lights until car went into "hold." Reaching out to service again. Can anyone else report similar?
I have not (I think?) but I will be more aware now. Thanks for the heads up. I’ll check this evening with the reflections as you did.

Bummer ... have you considered PDR? Those RI drivers are so wicked whude!! (coming from a former Rhode Islander)
What’s PDR? Yeah the only worse driver than Rhode Island ones are the Massholes. RI ones are oblivious and really reckless, with Massholes it’s on purpose haha. No offense to any cautious Mass drivers here but you KNOW what I’m talking about.

What’s PDR? Yeah the only worse driver than Rhode Island ones are the Massholes. RI ones are oblivious and really reckless, with Massholes it’s on purpose haha. No offense to any cautious Mass drivers here but you KNOW what I’m talking about.
Your local premium car dealership will know the best local ‘dent man’ as we call them - it’s a real art, and finding a good one will doubtless come in handy again.

Back