Fender Bender

vkb

Cars
GT
somebody hit our GT last night from the back :-(. there is quite a bit of damage on bumper. Lucid service is asking to go to a certified auto body shop which is a disappointment,. I was hoping they will replace the bumber, especially when the car is so new and not depend upon 3rd party body shops. Anybody has any experiences on this?

I take all my body work to a independent which is not unusual. Lucid’s studio showrooms and service centers are so few at this point I doubt they have trained body and paint personnel on staff yet to perform major body damage repair.

Last edited:
That’s sucks so early into ownership. The issue is going to be if they can fix it or whether it needs to be replaced. Given Lucid’s production woes getting spare part may take a while.

somebody hit our GT last night from the back :-(. there is quite a bit of damage on bumper. Lucid service is asking to go to a certified auto body shop which is a disappointment,. I was hoping they will replace the bumber, especially when the car is so new and not depend upon 3rd party body shops. Anybody has any experiences on this?
Hmm...they have trained many shops for repairs so it makes sense to go there. Not to mention insurance issues, but if there is significant damage they will end up replacing the bumper anyways with an OEM part so you shouldn't have to worry. The very first Dream that got into an accident went to a 3rd part repair shop, no issues as they got trained in the Lucid service center.

Sorry to hear your GT was involved in an accident. Hopefully the person that hit you is insured by a company that recognizes your Lucid has unique construction and requires OEM repair methods. Policy limits can also be an problem, you may have to go through your own carrier if that's the case. Lucid recommends that damaged vehicles be repaired at their collision network which are properly trained and equip to repair to original standards. The procedure can range from powering down the vehicle during repairs, have access to the repair procedures, familiar with parts that are one time use and require the ADAS recalibration once the repairs are completed. If the accident was severe enough , you may also have hidden damage to the structural part of the vehicle which parts are restricted to only authorized Lucid repair centers. Hope this helps.

Sorry to hear about your accident. Hopefully it will be repaired to look like good as new. However you need to file a diminished value claim as the accident will go on the Carfax report for your vehicle and reduce its future value when you decide to sell or trade it in

Aw man, sorry that happened! I’m scared of that happening to me. It’s usually texting drivers or giant SUV driving people without any concept of space. That happened to my Mercedes and it broke the navigation which has components housed in the bumper. Not sure what key components are housed there but at bare minimum I bet the sensors need replacing in addition to the bumper.

Is it bad if I ask for photos of the damage that I can share? Sorry you are going through this. :( Keep us posted on the repair work...

I just got rear ended today too! Super low speed <1mph but the front license plate screws of the car put a small hole in by bumper. Taking the car to a Lucid 3rd party shop tomorrow for an estimate.

I just got rear ended today too! Super low speed <1mph but the front license plate screws of the car put a small hole in by bumper. Taking the car to a Lucid 3rd party shop tomorrow for an estimate.
Ouch. I hope that it can easlily be repaired back to new condition.

Oh no really sorry to hear of both misfortunes. Hope the repairs are simple and straightforward. Imagine the front unit getting damaged. It seems like that part literally houses the entire soul of Lucid.

What a bummer! Sorry to hear.

Sorry to hear about that. It’s a bummer to have a new car rear ended.

That happened to my Mercedes’ at a car wash (it was a lease so I wasn’t as fussy about washing it myself), of course driver was an tiny older lady with big Jeep Cherokee SUV with a tow hook on the front and it put one 1/2” dent into the rear bumper. Ended up being 2 weeks and a $4500 repair because the GPS electronics are back there, even though it was less than 5mph collision. Keep us posted as to what Lucid says!

Had a nice chat with the body shop who is licensed to do Rivian, Tesla, Lucid, Hyundai, GM, and Fords. Guy says that for build quality Lucid is the top without a doubt, complicated but worth it according to him. Good choices fellas!

Sorry to hear that, Hydbob. It has been a pain, to say the least, getting repairs on Lucid. There are only 2 trained shops in entire Bay Area and both of them just don't have relationships, knowledge or maybe it is just pure red tapism - I don't know what, everything just moves at a snails pace. Been weeks for me and still the car has not even gone in for bumper replacement. Lucid needs to strengthen the ecosystem, what's the point in buying a top of the line car without dependable good ecosystem to get it right when things happen. It feels one is left stranded to figure it out themselves....

Sorry to hear about your accident. Hopefully it will be repaired to look like good as new. However you need to file a diminished value claim as the accident will go on the Carfax report for your vehicle and reduce its future value when you decide to sell or trade it in
Thank you for the pointer. I wasn't really aware of diminished value claim, spoke to the insurance, it seems one needs to wait for repair and then file a separate claim for DV and it is very vague how the insurance calculates it (if they accept it). At least that is the information I got from the insurance.

After my visit to the body shop, took my car over to Lucid BH and had them inspect damage and check sensors. Everything is good and service guys are awesome.

Back