Favorite feature of my Lucid is...

I’m surprised no one has said the suspension tuning and handling. You can float down the highway or turn on sprint mode and drive the car like you stole it (while still floating for the most part). Suspension and handling is what makes the lucid special imo. Only other EV that’s close is taycan but the suspension is worse.
Same.

For me, even before you consider the stunning design, incredible packaging, refinement, fantastic seats, material quality, etc., the ride and handling balance is absolutely outstanding. Lucid built a car, not a phone on wheels.

I swear, you just can't upset this car. I've rented the newest generation MB S-Class for a month while in vacation in Germany this fall, and while it was excellent for sure (trust me, it was a dream to experience Germany this way), the Lucid's suspension is definitively better. Even though the suspension was easily one of the best I've experienced in terms of comfort, the S-Class still had a bit of suspension crash whilst going over severe potholes. The Air? None. No harshness ever. It's magic. During spirited driving on normal U.S. roads, mid-corner bumps are just smothered and devoured by the Air. Even more shocking, there's no sophisticated technical wizardry going on here; just fantastic engineering and tuning. For me, this tells me everything I need to know about Lucid as a brand - these are enthusiasts and engineers running the show, not finance people.

Take a look at the "Savage Geese" comparison of Lucid's RWD sedan to BMW's 5-series RWD EV sedan. While they found the BMW a bit quieter with better fit and finish, they loved the Lucid interior design and space. What really upset the old world order, though, was that they found the Air easily bested the BMW in every aspect of handling.

I liked this video. But the ending is best when they were talking about the Lucid “rear wheel drive sedan EV, enough said”. Lucid is just too much fun to drive.

They really made that point that if you buy the BMW i5, you are buying a luxury appliance to get you places. If you buys a Lucid Air Pure, you will love driving the car!!

Just curious... Does having a single rear motor make this Pure more conducive to such 'spirited' driving than the AWD variant?

Regarding the video, I think it would have been good if the same driver drove both cars, as it would have made for a better comparison.

Just curious... Does having a single rear motor make this Pure more conducive to such 'spirited' driving than the AWD variant?

I've seen and read several reviews in which the Pure RWD is found to be the best-handling Air model outside the Sapphire. In fact, Lucid applied some of the suspension tuning they developed for the Sapphire to the Pure RWD, as both cars have such a pronounced rear power bias. The Pure RWD is also the lightest model in the lineup, which gives it an additional handling advantage.

Regarding the video, I think it would have been good if the same driver drove both cars, as it would have made for a better comparison.
As someone who has recently driven a friend's 2024 RWD Pure, and owning a 2023 AWD Pure for 6 months, I did feel a minor difference. (I also own a 2008 335 coupe and it has been my previous fun car.) The RWD felt a tad more nimble when cornering hard. Both cars are on 19" Aero wheels with all weather P Zeros. The suspension seemed a bit more smooth on the AWD. I supposed these traits with the RWD could lead one to have a spirited drive 😜. That been said, I enjoy the entire range of driving options that the Lucids bring to the table. Sometimes, I enjoy a nice leisurely drive while enjoying some classic rock. Other times, I enjoy the robust spirited driving the vehicle is fully capable of while listening to the electropurr of the motors. It does what I want. What more could a driver ask for?

I've seen and read several reviews in which the Pure RWD is found to be the best-handling Air model outside the Sapphire. In fact, Lucid applied some of the suspension tuning they developed for the Sapphire to the Pure RWD, as both cars have such a pronounced rear power bias. The Pure RWD is also the lightest model in the lineup, which gives it an additional handling advantage.
The same phenomenon occurred with the i4. My RWD i4 out handles the AWD version. Having driven both at a BMW event, I noticed that immediately. Truth be told it also out handles my AWD Lucid.

The same phenomenon occurred with the i4. My RWD i4 out handles the AWD version. Having driven both at a BMW event, I noticed that immediately. Truth be told it also out handles my AWD Lucid.

Meaning your RWD BMW -- not the AWD BMW -- out handles the AWD Air?

Yes, the BMW handles better than the AWD Pure, and I'd say marginally better than the RWD Pure. The 2dr 335 is also 1800 lbs lighter and has 300hp so it's not a fair comparison. I still get the same thrill of driving the BMW, with its paddle shifters, stiffer suspension and very responsive handling. But the Pure is definitely a more refined and elevated overall experience. I'm not sure if there are many other people out there who enjoy using the paddle shifters.

It starts with the incredible suspension that can soak up brutal city streets and then handle like a slot car in the twisties, all while keeping 819 HP under control. I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the splendid interior and the compliments from strangers while on the road and in parking lots.

Obviously love the range and driving dynamics, but the interior fit/finish as well as the interior space are gamechangers for me. Always surprises people when they get in and realize how roomy the vehicle is. Still remember my test drive where I set up the driver seat for me (6" tall) and then climbed in back seat and was shocked that I still had plenty of room.

When people ask how I like my GT, I usually go with something along the lines of "Performance of a Tesla/Rivian, but with at least 25% more range, higher efficiency, interior fit/finish on par with an S-class Mercedes or similar ICE vehicle but with even additional space. Huge storage in frunk and trunk also. Mobile service has been phenomenal in our area, and management genuinely cares and listens to its owners on ways to improve as evidenced by their monitoring of the owners forum, among other things."

Yes, the BMW handles better than the AWD Pure, and I'd say marginally better than the RWD Pure. The 2dr 335 is also 1800 lbs lighter and has 300hp so it's not a fair comparison.

I believe Lucken was talking about electric BMWs, as he owns an i4.

My favorite feature is my AGT's dynamic capability from its brilliant suspension to its astonishing torque. Next is the optimal driver's position and seat support. There is nothing about the car that is not exceptional to me compared to any other vehicle that I have owned. It has been optimal for my cross-country drives as well as mountain roads in all weather. I could go on but lastly will say that the safety features and OTA's make it even sweeter.

My favorite feature is whatever it is that makes my wife uncomfortable transitioning from her Prius to the Lucid so she leaves my car alone and doesn't make me take the Prius. Outside of that, after several long roadtrips, I'd have to say the seats.
😁 😁 😁 😁

My favorite feature is whatever it is that makes my wife uncomfortable transitioning from her Prius to the Lucid so she leaves my car alone and doesn't make me take the Prius. Outside of that, after several long roadtrips, I'd have to say the seats.
Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way with husbands.

Ride and handling- for a car this heavy, absolutely sublime! Don’t care about autonomous driving, why take away this thrill!

Yes, my RWD BMW i4 out handles my AWD Air. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the Air, but if I'm being honest, the Air takes 2nd place in handling to the RWD BMW. OTOH the Air takes first place in terms of ride comfort, interior roominess and good looks. I still like the i4's appearance, but it's really hard to beat the good looks of the Air.

We have another member, WildRide47, with both the i4 and AWD Air and I believe he concurs with my feeling about the relative handling aspects of both cars.

Isn't the i4 as much smaller vehicle?
I would think the i5 is the more equivalent model, no?
I loved BMW's until their designers lost their eyesight and kept putting larger and more grotesque grilles on everything.
Thankfully, judging from the beautiful new Roadster they just debuted, it looks like designers with functioning eyes are back at BMW! LOL

The i4 RWD is about 500lbs lighter than the Air Pure AWD and yes, it’s obviously smaller. But handling is handling and ride is ride and the Air’s larger & heavier specs gives it an advantage in ride quality. So I guess it cuts both ways. Oh, and I like the grill, so looks are still subjective. ;)

We still get compliments on the i4’s appearance, even if not to the same degree as the Lucid. Of course the Lucid is also more of a rare bird than the i4.

I like "Savage Geese" reviews but, as with so many reviews, they can make mountains out of mole hills in order to make points seem more, uh, pointed. In the video when they compared interior noise of the Air to the BMW, they used a sound meter to determine the Air interior was 4 decibels louder than the BMW. At least they were objective about it, but . . .

The minimum difference in volume that the human ear can perceive is around 3db, with volume increases not becoming clearly discernible for some people until around 5db. In other words, a 4db volume increase is right at the threshold of discernibility.

Also, noise levels in a car interior are partially dependent on the source and frequency of the noise. One car can be quieter than another on one type of surface but noisier than that same other car on a different type of surface.

So, basically, a 4db difference in sound level between any two cars on the same surface is meaningless in terms of concluding one car is more "luxurious" than the other or, for that matter, even meaningfully quieter than the other.

Back