Fast charge "rumble"

Tucker

Cars
Tesla Y, Air Touring
I just used an EA fast charger for the first time and experienced a low level "rumble" coming from the rear of the car. I could feel and sense it, but it was not audible. I had preconditioned the battery and was charging at 125 KW for several minutes when it occurred. Lasted only 2-3 seconds, but intermittently recurred 3 more times in the first 5 minutes. It did not occur after that. Any clues or similar experience?
Car has 1000 m and I usually use my home charger. I am not aware if it occurring at home, but also I am not sitting in my car when charging at home (at a 40KW level)

I just used an EA fast charger for the first time and experienced a low level "rumble" coming from the rear of the car. I could feel and sense it, but it was not audible. I had preconditioned the battery and was charging at 125 KW for several minutes when it occurred. Lasted only 2-3 seconds, but intermittently recurred 3 more times in the first 5 minutes. It did not occur after that. Any clues or similar experience?
Car has 1000 m and I usually use my home charger. I am not aware if it occurring at home, but also I am not sitting in my car when charging at home (at a 40KW level)
Most likely the cooling fans kick in. Happens almost all the time during DCFC depending on how warm it is outside as well.

Not cooling fans. This is a liquid cooling valve opening and closing in response to improper control logic. It's a software bug.

Back