[false alarm] Just got an invite to confirm my touring order

t12g

Verified Owner
The email came around 11AM Pacific. It's definitely a pleasant surprise. I was not expecting this email until at least some of the AGTs have been delivered.
Here's the kicker:
Regarding your reservation, you are now eligible to start your order: this means you will be confirming configurations regarding preferences on your vehicle! How exciting! We’re looking at a timeline of around 2 – 4 months once you’ve placed your order – the sooner we get that order in, the sooner we can get the car into your hands.
That seems... highly optimistic? I'd love to be proven wrong.

I want metal roof instead of glass, but the configurator won't let me unselect the glass canopy. So it seems that the base price is $99k instead of $95k for now. Maybe it will become optional later. I've asked my DA to clarify this.

Wow! First Touring to order, congratulations.

The email came around 11AM Pacific. It's definitely a pleasant surprise. I was not expecting this email until at least some of the AGTs have been delivered.
Here's the kicker:

I want metal roof instead of glass, but the configurator won't let me unselect the glass canopy. So it seems that the base price is $99k instead of $95k for now. Maybe it will become optional later. I've asked my DA to clarify this.
Nice! Would you be able to share when you placed your reservation?

The reservation was placed right after Thanksgiving last year.
As in, 11/2021? Interesting, my reservation is from 7/2021, so perhaps I'm in this batch as well...

Here's the kicker:

During the Q3 earnings call, Lucid said they planned to start Touring deliveries in the spring. This is right to that schedule. I hope that they stay on track and meet the 2-4 month window.

Or they’re trying to confirm as many orders before the earnings call. Confirmations look better for revenue over reservations only

Are they allowed to book all the revenue for a confirmed order? (Asking out of total ignorance…)

Or they’re trying to confirm as many orders before the earnings call. Confirmations look better for revenue over reservations only
fwiw I made GT reservation around mid Dec and they haven't emailed me to confirm my order.

Here's the kicker:

The $4,000 difference (99 -> 95) is likely the glass canopy that is supposed to be optional, however, can't be unchecked on the configurator at the moment.

I wonder if this reflects how ready your most local studio/service center is able to do PDI and complete the delivery.

Are they allowed to book all the revenue for a confirmed order? (Asking out of total ignorance…)
No can't book the revenue yet but get to say how many confirmed orders they have.

No can't book the revenue yet but get to say how many confirmed orders they have.
They’re also not going to confirm orders with a delivery window they can’t meet - if they do it’ll get them in a lot of hot water with customers and potentially the SEC.

Confirming touring orders means production is moving faster. This is a very good sign.

Here's the kicker:

Are you sure you didn't reserve a GT? 11/21 reservation for a T - there's a lot of people that reserved ahead of that.

Made my GT reservation December 03. Nothing yet.
Wow! A few days makes quite a big difference. I reserved mine on Nov-23-2021 and confirmed on Jan-05-2022. [AGT, Zenith Red, Santa Cruz interior, 19" wheels].

I wonder if this reflects how ready your most local studio/service center is able to do PDI and complete the delivery.

My neighbor has a GT reservation from Dec 2021 and has yet to confirm, we are both from Chicago where purportedly the largest service center is for Lucid.

Wow! A few days makes quite a big difference. I reserved mine on Nov-23-2021 and confirmed on Jan-05-2022. [AGT, Zenith Red, Santa Cruz interior, 19" wheels].
I think you hit the latest possible window to get the earliest delivery (of any model Lucid) considering how long ago some people put their deposit down and when they confirmed

Are you sure you didn't reserve a GT? 11/21 reservation for a T - there's a lot of people that reserved ahead of that.
Just double-checked; it's touring. Maybe Lucid jumped the gun there. We shall find out soon.

Just double-checked; it's touring. Maybe Lucid jumped the gun there. We shall find out soon.
If it's the price you wrote then it's a Touring. Congrats, hopefully this may mean they are looking to produce multiple trims at once like someone predicted in another thread.

Back