(Estimate) Single family house installation quote: is this reasonable?

Thanks for the input.
I’m thinking Lucid 80 amp charger + hardwired & extra outlet at the moment.
80 charger requires a 100 amp feed using #3 CU wire as per the NEC; the extra outlet shall be on its own separate circuit! Also you want the contractor to pull a permit, the link below will guide you to some of the best EC's around San Diego.

NEC Section 625.41 requires the OCPD for a branch-circuit or feeder(s) supplying EVSE to be sized at 125% for continuous loads.

Yes. I have two separate breakers for 2 EVSEs I have directly on the main circuit breaker. For 48A hard-wired, I have 60A breaker and for 40A outlet also I have 60A breaker to future proof.

I have 60A breaker and for 40A outlet also I have 60A breaker to future proof.
I would not do this. You have a 50A component (outlet) on a 60A circuit which does not meet code. If something draws more than 50A from that outlet, the breaker may not trip. This creates a fire hazard.

I would not do this. You have a 50A component (outlet) on a 60A circuit which does not meet code. If something draws more than 50A from that outlet, the breaker may not trip. This creates a fire hazard.
You are correct. I had 50A and not 60A on the outlet. For hard-wire I have 60A because it draws 48A and also has a surge. I did ask for 60A wiring.

You are correct. I had 50A and not 60A on the outlet. For hard-wire I have 60A because it draws 48A and also has a surge. I did ask for 60A wiring.
Now that makes sense. If you want to hard wire later, just remove the outlet and replace the breaker and you can be at 60A.

I needed to upgrade my panel to 200 amps, and then trench copper to my detached garage. That was EXPENSIVE, $9,800 by an industrial electrician partly due to new state codes requiring emergency shutoff switches, certain spec GFCI and at that time a big shortage of electrical panels in the state. It cost me zero dollars though as I was simultaneously getting solar and the solar company needed to upgrade the panel and said they’d pay for it, so I gave them my electrician’s invoice and they cut me a check for the full amount without question, including the trenching of copper to the garage. I got lucky.

When I got solar they did not charge extra to upgrade my main breaker from 125A to 200A. I got lucky.

Back