Enhanced Vehicle Wireless Connectivity

Bonvoy membership is free. Membership gives you free WIFI at all properties.

Bonvoy membership is free. Membership gives you free WIFI at all properties.

I think some folks are missing the point. This isn’t new, we don’t actually even know if it will be a charge. We know it’s free for the first year, and then after that it remains to be seen.

All I’m saying is let’s see where it goes. They may yet change the plan.

The only thing we really know is EA charging is free for 3 years if you reserve before the end of 2021. Everything else is speculation.

Of course an extra service charge won’t send anyone here running for the exits. However it doesn’t explain cars from even established manufacturers who could cut those same data deals based on volume, but will still charge customers for trivial things like cell plans. It’s can’t be explained simply by production volume of lack thereof. I’m charged for cell plans with my Audi, yet they produce exponentially more cars than Lucid.

I think some will just bilk customers where they can. Even when you can afford a product, it doesn’t mean you can’t recognize when you’re being ‘nickeled & dimed’. As someone previously mentioned, a company like Porsche has that down to a science.

BMW is not offering free charging like Lucid, which is worth a lot more than a cheap cell subscription service. Yet they’ll give you free data services where Lucid won’t. I don’t think BMW customers will run for the exits either as a result of not getting free charging.

My point is that when you spend this kind of money on a car, I don’t believe it reflects well on a manufacturer to take advantage of a customer just because they can. Despite the fact that I wouldn’t choose or rule out a car based on these factors, it has always left a bad taste in my mouth when a manufacturer plays those games. You’re more tolerant & forgiving than I am. ;)
You bring up a valid point about established manufacturers sometimes charging customers for seemingly trivial things like cell plans despite their larger production volumes. It's understandable that even if the extra cost doesn't break the bank, it can still leave a negative impression when you feel like you're being nickel and dimed. The comparison with companies like Porsche having a refined approach to this practice is apt.

The differences in offerings between manufacturers like BMW and Lucid certainly highlight the diverse strategies in the luxury car market. While BMW isn't offering free charging like Lucid, they provide other perks like free data services. It's a reminder that customer perception matters greatly, especially when purchasing high-end vehicles.

Spending a significant amount on a car is an investment, and customers rightly expect transparency and fairness in return. The decisions companies make about additional charges can definitely influence the overall ownership experience. Ultimately, the car market's response to these practices will reflect the diverse values and priorities of customers. Your view of holding manufacturers to higher standards resonates, and it's clear that these practices can leave a lasting impact on how customers perceive a brand.

I’m not sure if they’ve stopped offering it, but my BMW i4 did come with 2 years of free charging.

You bring up a valid point about established manufacturers sometimes charging customers for seemingly trivial things like cell plans despite their larger production volumes. It's understandable that even if the extra cost doesn't break the bank, it can still leave a negative impression when you feel like you're being nickel and dimed. The comparison with companies like Porsche having a refined approach to this practice is apt.

The differences in offerings between manufacturers like BMW and Lucid certainly highlight the diverse strategies in the luxury car market. While BMW isn't offering free charging like Lucid, they provide other perks like free data services. It's a reminder that customer perception matters greatly, especially when purchasing high-end vehicles.

Spending a significant amount on a car is an investment, and customers rightly expect transparency and fairness in return. The decisions companies make about additional charges can definitely influence the overall ownership experience. Ultimately, the car market's response to these practices will reflect the diverse values and priorities of customers. Your view of holding manufacturers to higher standards resonates, and it's clear that these practices can leave a lasting impact on how customers perceive a brand.
Incorrect. MY wife's BMWi4M50 comes with 2 years free charging at EA.

Back