Engineering Explained. This is bad.

Look at OOS video at 30 minutes, a non working key fob. Who in the world has ever heard of that? The fact that Lucid has these issues AGAIN with the Gravity is absolutely atrocious and they deserved to be publicly shamed! I have no words to describe how angry I am that they would release the Gravity in such a state. A magnificently engineered vehicle let down by incompetent software engineering!
I just rented a Mercedes EQS a few weeks ago that had a—wait for it—non functioning key fob.

It happens.

In fairness, the fob worked about 60% of the time. Which is worse than my Air’s fob, which actually works quite well now.
 
I do switch profiles, but never tried while driving effectively. My experience with switching is that, again, it does a full reboot and takes 40-60 seconds to complete, so back to my first comment about some things not starting or not starting properly when the boot is not allowed enough time. It is clearly something Lucid needs to take a look at. Most functions can be changed while driving so it is possible but I have the impression it is whole modules that don't load correctly when the boot sequence is interrupted. It woumd be interesting to know if you all also see an improvement in stability when the boot sequence is left going to the end before driving. The only way we can help Lucid (and I think we all want to see them succeed, if for nothing else, just so our cars are still serviced in 10 years 😊) is by giving them very specific situations (ehat happened when, which car, which version, can it be reproduced). I am on an air grand touring purchased in august 2024 and run the latest version of the software.
Profiles are tied to actual user profiles in the Android stack underlying the OS. Personally, I would not have made that choice, as I don’t think a few settings for where the seats are warrants being in a secure separate user identity. But that’s where we are. Thus, the reboot of the entire infotainment system.

It’s also why you lose your navigation when switching.

So without a complete rewrite of profiles, Air will never be able to switch profiles without stopping and putting the car into park.

It’s an edge case, those who would want to switch while driving. But given everything about profiles is a disaster, it would be worth it for them to do an entire rewrite of the feature if you ask me. Which would easily get them to a place where you could do it while driving.

On day one of that rewrite, I’d walk up to the white board, draw three buttons on a door panel that say 1, 2, 3, like older ICE cars have and say: “This is what we’re competing with. If our profiles aren’t easier, faster, or better than three memory buttons, we failed. Start over.”

And not a single line of code would be written until we had a complete plan for making that happen.
 
I guess you don't switch profiles, especially, in the middle of a drive.

The complications, slowness... are universal across all Lucid profiles.

Switching profiles should be quick and simple but Lucid has over-sophisticated the process.
My Air, with CCCv2, takes like 10 seconds to switch profiles. It’s totally fine.

Also, they didn’t “over-sophisticate” profiles; they’re literally using standard Android Automotive user profiles, to my knowledge. If I’m wrong, someone can correct me.

To be clear: that doesn’t mean it’s good that they used underlying Android Automotive user profiles. It just isn’t “over-sophisticated”.
 
Do you guys really have so much software issues? I have been driving my Air for a year and a half now and clocled 27k km and yes I did twice had no sound because I didn't let the car properly boot before driving out, but it was fixed with a quick reboot and past that I never had an issue with anything vital (like the regen issue some have mentioned or other more serious bugs. One thing is clear, a program always executes in the same way, so it cannot be that some have major issues and other don't without some external factor. I am not saying Lucid software is automatically perfect, like any software it must have bugs and with a few 10k cars out they shure don't have the feedback that Tes'a has on its software, but reading those threads it sounds like the apocalypse and frankly this is not my expérience and driving my Air has not been more frustrating than any other car I had before. I would say I quite enjoy it
In a word, yes. In multiple words, yes, constantly.

I love my car, I abhor it's software. Lucid software is absolute shit and completely unreliable.

The other day, Driver Assist tried to rear end a car in front of me. It scared the hell out of me. I told it to change lanes and it accelerated toward the car in front of me like it was in a race.

The volume decides if it wants to be loud or soft on a random basis. Sometimes it starts loud and as soon as I touch the volume control it drops to soft instantly.

Some days the mobile app connects, some days it shows 'offline'.

Some days HFDA works like a charm. Some days on the same road in the same place I can't get any DA to work, hands free or otherwise.

Camera errors randomly.

Sensor errors randomly.

I could go on and on.

Love the car, hate the software.
 
You definitely can't attract talented programmers with stock options of a rapidly falling stock.
Lucid is centered in Arizona and California. In Arizona, GM had a group in Chandler for programming and it killed the entire group. I would think that there might be some talented programming staff, used to programming for automobiles, in that group.
 
What is so fascinating to me personally, are the vast members who seem to be so annoyed at the others who are having such a poor experience. "Is it really that bad?" "Are you really having this many issues?" "My car is perfect, idk what you all at talking about" all just feels so undermining to an already frustrating situation. For me, I have just loved cars my whole life, so I'd admit it's a slightly emotional attachment with every car I have owned, so when one of those assets is F'd, and you start thinking "WTF did I do, what did I buy, how will I get out of this?!" It's compounded by money, but more than that, it's stress; will my car unlock when I get out there in the rain? I have to open the frunk, I hope I can close it and not have to limp home, will the stereo work this time?

Not mad, just sad, this is not what I signed up for 😥
 
In a word, yes. In multiple words, yes, constantly.

I love my car, I abhor it's software. Lucid software is absolute shit and completely unreliable.

The other day, Driver Assist tried to rear end a car in front of me. It scared the hell out of me. I told it to change lanes and it accelerated toward the car in front of me like it was in a race.

The volume decides if it wants to be loud or soft on a random basis. Sometimes it starts loud and as soon as I touch the volume control it drops to soft instantly.

Some days the mobile app connects, some days it shows 'offline'.

Some days HFDA works like a charm. Some days on the same road in the same place I can't get any DA to work, hands free or otherwise.

Camera errors randomly.

Sensor errors randomly.

I could go on and on.

Love the car, hate the software.
Case in point. 5 minutes after I posted this I went to turn the heat on in my car so it would be warm when I left for lunch. Mobile app showed the car offline. :( It worked fine this morning,. It worked fine when I was headed back to work after lunch. Is there a frustration emoji?
 
Is there a frustration emoji
IMG_0021.webp
 
His previous reviews contributed to my decision to buy an Air GT. He did admit to skipping some software updates by jumping to a current version without the one or two previous ones. The car does NOT like this as updates should be sequential. I told him so, but never knew if he saw it or not. I'm 26,000 miles in to mine and have experienced NONE of these issues he described.
 
What is so fascinating to me personally, are the vast members who seem to be so annoyed at the others who are having such a poor experience. "Is it really that bad?" "Are you really having this many issues?" "My car is perfect, idk what you all at talking about" all just feels so undermining to an already frustrating situation. For me, I have just loved cars my whole life, so I'd admit it's a slightly emotional attachment with every car I have owned, so when one of those assets is F'd, and you start thinking "WTF did I do, what did I buy, how will I get out of this?!" It's compounded by money, but more than that, it's stress; will my car unlock when I get out there in the rain? I have to open the frunk, I hope I can close it and not have to limp home, will the stereo work this time?

Not mad, just sad, this is not what I signed up for 😥
I don't begrudge people who are having actual problems with their cars. What I find completely unhelpful are 1) the drive-by posts by someone that is trying to get back at Lucid for selling them a car that didn't live up to their expectations, and 2) people that come here day after day and make the same complaint over and over and over and over and over. For the record, I don't have a lot of patience for whining and complaining.
The Internet has no safeties to prevent malicious action. Anyone can come on a forum like this and make up shit about the car (both good and bad). In fact a single disgruntled person can come here repeatedly, under different usernames, and blast the cars for whatever reason. So it has hard to know what is real and what is fiction. In this sort of situation, it is natural for people to draw most heavily on their own personal experiences when judging the veracity of overtly negative posts. And if your personal experience is a good one, you tend to discount the negative ones.
 
Do you guys really have so much software issues? I have been driving my Air for a year and a half now and clocled 27k km and yes I did twice had no sound because I didn't let the car properly boot before driving out, but it was fixed with a quick reboot and past that I never had an issue with anything vital (like the regen issue some have mentioned or other more serious bugs. One thing is clear, a program always executes in the same way, so it cannot be that some have major issues and other don't without some external factor. I am not saying Lucid software is automatically perfect, like any software it must have bugs and with a few 10k cars out they shure don't have the feedback that Tes'a has on its software, but reading those threads it sounds like the apocalypse and frankly this is not my expérience and driving my Air has not been more frustrating than any other car I had before. I would say I quite enjoy it
Air is fine now, Gravity software sucked but improving. They needed YouTubers to tell them it sucked before they did anything about it.

Once a few bad YouTube reviews, suddenly updates come out. Go figure! They were not putting the required resources into software and ignored it.

They deserve the software negativity that they are getting.
 
Seriously, this is about the fourteenth time we’ve asked you to stop repeating yourself.

“Who in the world has ever heard of that?” Literally all of us. Not the least because you keep posting it over and over on every thread, relevant or not.

Please. Stop. You’ve been asked plenty. Keep it to a relevant thread. This thread literally isn’t even about the OOS video.
All the same, engineering guys video, consumer reports, OOS- all you tube reviews.

The fact that I keep repeating keys shows you how unbelievable this is. Is this a dream?

Or am I banned from mentioning keys?

It’s just so incompetent of Lucid.
 
Air is fine now, Gravity software sucked but improving.
Since you do not own a Gravity, I find your comments on Gravity software to be lacking in any value and relentless in there repetition.
 
What is so fascinating to me personally, are the vast members who seem to be so annoyed at the others who are having such a poor experience. "Is it really that bad?" "Are you really having this many issues?" "My car is perfect, idk what you all at talking about" all just feels so undermining to an already frustrating situation. For me, I have just loved cars my whole life, so I'd admit it's a slightly emotional attachment with every car I have owned, so when one of those assets is F'd, and you start thinking "WTF did I do, what did I buy, how will I get out of this?!" It's compounded by money, but more than that, it's stress; will my car unlock when I get out there in the rain? I have to open the frunk, I hope I can close it and not have to limp home, will the stereo work this time?

Not mad, just sad, this is not what I signed up for 😥
Not annoyed, just surprised. It’s hard when your car is performing well to parse that there are others having the complete opposite experience.

Of course nobody is annoyed at folks having issues. That would be absurd.
 
They needed YouTubers to tell them it sucked before they did anything about it.
That you honestly think this is what happened is absurd, imho.
 
In general, I'd say my car has been more robust after the latest S/W update.

I've noticed that using my iPhone 17 as a mobile key has been working well for my 2022 Air. As of v2.8.17, my car has been reliably opening when I approach the car with iPhone in my hand. It seems less reliable with the iPhone in my pocket but I've learned to adjust by remembering to take my iPhone out of my pocket as I approach the car. I would normally take my iPhone out anyway before entering so I don't sit on it. Once in a while, it will not open fast enough so I just push on the rear door's handle as needed. I'm still experimenting to see if reliability is affected by any background apps running in the background (such as Tidal).

Added observation, native Tidal itself still needs some tweaking. Tidal will start playing, but not from where it was when I last exited the car to run my errands. It would restart from the same place it started when I first left my house. I would have to go back into my playlist and manually scroll to where it's supposed to start. I started having Tidal issues back when Android was introduced.

I still need more testing to determine if I can reliably open the frunk or trunk from the app as I approach the car. As with most people, if I have to open the car door to get into the frunk or trunk, I may as well place my purchases directly into the car to save a step. This seems to be a connectively issue according to the app?

I don't change profiles in my car so it's not something I'll be able to comment on. I'm not a software SME, but I'd like to think it should be easy for the car to pop up a dialog box if multiple keys are detected and for the driver to simply select the desired profile? Or maybe just have the car display which profile is active for cars having multiple profiles saved ... so driver can intervene before driving off?

Sorry for those experiencing more significant issues, but I figure seeing some achievements help since they are rarely brought up.
 
I feel a little weird for posting this, but there's nothing wrong with my AGT. It is simply a freakin' beast on the road. It is brutally fast, nimble, responsive, smooth and comfortable. I've never had a car with with all of those characteristics at once. If you forced me to say something negative about the car, I would say something like: "The HomeLink button can sometimes be finicky when I am leaving the house (but never when coming home for some reason). That's it. My two cents: Lucid is making a great car. If you are looking for perfect, you won't be satisfied with Lucid. Heck you won't be satisfied with anyone.
 
That you honestly think this is what happened is absurd, imho.
What I meant was I don’t think they were taking software that seriously, yeah they were fixing issues, but not all hands on the deck, now or never.

That’s the impression I get. But at least we are seeing improvements.
 
No one is asking for perfect, but pleasant experiences don't mitigate the issues 100's of people (I'm feeling quite charitable here) have and are experiencing. I wish there were no (widespread) issues whatsoever, but there are and thankfully we're past the point of marginalizing the concerns.
 
What I meant was I don’t think they were taking software that seriously, yeah they were fixing issues, but not all hands on the deck, now or never.

That’s the impression I get. But at least we are seeing improvements.
I knew precisely what you meant.
 
Back
Top